BloodySurgeon

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Since January is nearby, I decided to refine the January MCAT club to it's two dates. For those of you who are taking it on Friday, January 30th, here is the place where you can vent, discuss, and support each other for this upcoming test. Best of luck guys!

Last edited:

muja786

10+ Year Member
Feb 21, 2007
Texas
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I am signed up for this exam. Have started a little bit already, plan on going balls to the walls during the break though. My anxiety is starting to build already.

About the Ads

ksmi117

GEAUX TIGERS!!!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I am signed up for this exam. Have started a little bit already, plan on going balls to the walls during the break though. My anxiety is starting to build already.

I hear ya. It's so hard to study during the semester. Good thing I'm not doing anything over the break but studying.

jungli

10+ Year Member
Nov 27, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
yehh so anyone else getting destroyed doing practice problems?...total confidence killer...
iv been working out of the EK 1001 series for physics n chem..do NOT know how im gonna do magically better on an actual full length exam lol

ah well...
theres always God =)

Ilkaan

10+ Year Member
Aug 5, 2008
Status (Visible)
is anyone taking Kaplan classes or any other prep. classes? did anybody took those classes and what share exprience? please go ahead. I am little confused planning to take Kaplan but histating.

isaacmn

10+ Year Member
May 5, 2007
International programs
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
we could start some discussions around here., to help ourselves out. I think it does help tho if you're studying for science finals at the same time thinking about the mcat., that can get the brain up to speed. I have been doinng one Verbal practice/ day since october.

dray5150

10+ Year Member
Oct 3, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Count me in. I've been studying since Sept and have become a little burnt out. I've taken a good bit of practice test the last 2 months with gradual improvement (KAPLAN, GS, AAMC)
AAMC #3 27 P8 V10 B9
AAMC #5 26 P8 V9 B9
AAMC #6 29 P10 V8 B11

ksmi117

GEAUX TIGERS!!!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I'm in Chicago on a service trip studying as I post (well not really riiight now, but I should be). Finals are done thank God, and when I get back home, I'm going all out. I will eat, breathe, and dream about the MCAT.

Happy Holidays and Really Happy Studying!!!

About the Ads

drmiami

10+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hey everyone!! I'm totally in need of some motivation! I was super hardcore in the beginning of the semestr but things got really hectic. I didn't want to lose my 4.0 so towards the middle of the semester I had to stop studying althou I still went to review classes. I'm ezhausted and recooping from finals. Now I need to hit the books again. I'm scared and I don't know if to reschedule to take it in march, motivation please (and any advice please!!)

ksmi117

GEAUX TIGERS!!!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Hey everyone!! I'm totally in need of some motivation! I was super hardcore in the beginning of the semestr but things got really hectic. I didn't want to lose my 4.0 so towards the middle of the semester I had to stop studying althou I still went to review classes. I'm ezhausted and recooping from finals. Now I need to hit the books again. I'm scared and I don't know if to reschedule to take it in march, motivation please (and any advice please!!)

I'm in the same boat here, but I think if you can pull a 4.0 in college, then you can do well on the MCAT no matter when you take it. Your 4.0 shows that you know how to study. Just do content review and practice tests and you'll be fine. Good luck!!

osumc2014

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 28, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]

I don't want to speak for others but I think many of us are in the same boat as of right now, but realize that there is still 6 weeks left, some ppl prepare in just 8 weeks and do very well, so we all just need a little nudge to keep going!!! Dont quit! Anyway hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!

drmiami

10+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I don't want to speak for others but I think many of us are in the same boat as of right now, but realize that there is still 6 weeks left, some ppl prepare in just 8 weeks and do very well, so we all just need a little nudge to keep going!!! Dont quit! Anyway hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!

Thank youall for the help and encouragemebt. I just need strict discipline now. I wish all of you the best of luck! Can't wait to be done witht the mcat!!! Merry christmas!!

About the Ads

nexus6

10+ Year Member
Dec 27, 2007
Status (Visible)
3rd time taking this test. I'm a little behind on the physical sciences & organic chemistry. I basically guessed on just about every ochem question the past 2 times I have taken the MCAT and got a 10 and 11 respectively. I want to make 13-14, so I'll definitely be cramming ochem in for the next week or so.

I'm just reviewing like crazy, and still trying to get over the hump in verbal. I've gotten a 9 each time but can't seem to do better. I am determined to get at least a 10-11 next time I take the test.

RRTinCO

Neb Jockey to Gas Passer
10+ Year Member
Nov 9, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I'm trying to get over the verbal hump as well, all of my practice tests so far have been decent, but my scores are not consistent.

I'm looking at this like a track event, I'm training to peak at the right time.:)

osumc2014

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 28, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
On your aamcs? thats really good! still got plenty of time to peak!

Well, on my last three practice tests, I've gotten a 36. Too bad my super genius friends all did better than that.

The reality of this is slowly hitting me. :scared:

jh8cw

10+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
A few questions I have heading into this exam.

Is it me or not as many people taking this test on January compared to the Aug exams?

On a related note, why doesn't AAMC just instantaneously release your score after the test as they do with the GREs if the concensus on this forums on the matter is that the curve is already set, and people who take the exam with you don't affect your score?

In anycase, best of luck to everyone.

ksmi117

GEAUX TIGERS!!!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I was just saying that today too!! I normally work weekend nights, and I'm taking that whole weekend off to detox a little bit ;)

I'm queen of a ball the night after (hence the crown in the pic <---) so I will be partying it up... gotta love Mardi Gras season in Louisiana :D

About the Ads

wannabesrgn

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Yes...I can barely focus nowadays because all I think about it how close I am and how badly I want to be done with this behemoth.

RRTinCO

Neb Jockey to Gas Passer
10+ Year Member
Nov 9, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
This doesn't seem like a very popular test date, according to my (very random) calculations/guessing, there will be ~22 people taking this test ;). I've never been a nervous test taker, but I'm getting there.

I'm ready to be done!!

nexus6

10+ Year Member
Dec 27, 2007
Status (Visible)
one more week!

i'm ready to get this test over with. what are you guys doing for the final week of preparation?

for the past couple of days, i've been reading / reviewing everything-- mostly physical sciences. i am thinking about doing about 2-3 diags this week + practicing some verbal before just taking it easy thurs.

good luck w/ everyone's studying!

olemissbabydoc

Baby Doctor
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2006
Between "there" and "there"
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Good luck to you all! I can't believe another MCAT testing cycle is upon us. Seems like just yesterday!

If y'all have any questions or concerns, feel free to ask! Don't forget the rules: No posting of actual MCAT questions or specific material - non specific topics are fine (such as "did you have the passage on electromagnetism?").

If you're in doubt, don't post it.

Luck to you all!! :luck::luck: Go in there and beat the MCAT beast!!

RRTinCO

Neb Jockey to Gas Passer
10+ Year Member
Nov 9, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
one more week!

i'm ready to get this test over with. what are you guys doing for the final week of preparation?

for the past couple of days, i've been reading / reviewing everything-- mostly physical sciences. i am thinking about doing about 2-3 diags this week + practicing some verbal before just taking it easy thurs.

good luck w/ everyone's studying!
I'm taking a couple more practice tests, and reviewing them thoroughly. I'm taking thursday easy as well.

wannabesrgn

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I'm taking my last FL tomorrow and then reviewing until Wednesday. Taking Thurs completely off. I'm not even going to come near my MCAT stuff. I'll probably go groom myself, something I've neglected for the past few months, seeing that I resemble a tumbleweed currently.

nexus6

10+ Year Member
Dec 27, 2007
Status (Visible)
past two times i have waited have been different. 1st time it was nearly a week early, but the last time, it was on the exact date.

i know i definitely cant wait any longer either. the sooner it comes in, the better since the masters program i am applying to has a deadline at mar. 13th.

gogirl

10+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
My anxiety for this is crazy. Is anyone starting to have any nightmares about this?... My practice test scores keep fluctuating so I really don't know what to expect on test day. Also, does anyone know what the deal is with what kinds of food and drink you can bring into the room?

Revilla

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
My anxiety for this is crazy. Is anyone starting to have any nightmares about this?... My practice test scores keep fluctuating so I really don't know what to expect on test day. Also, does anyone know what the deal is with what kinds of food and drink you can bring into the room?

No food or drink at all in the room. Everything you bring will be stored in a locker they'll assign you at check-in. You can snack on it during the 10-minute breaks in between sections.

wannabesrgn

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
What's the deal with the headphones? Has anyone used them before? What did you think of it? Some have said it's not good to wear if you don't practice with them. I personally don't like ear plugs, but I wonder if they're more comfortable than ear plugs...

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.