The Official 01/31/09 MCAT Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BloodySurgeon

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since January is nearby, I decided to refine the January MCAT club to it's two dates. For those of you who are taking it on Saturday, January 31th, here is the place where you can vent, discuss, and support each other for this upcoming test. Best of luck guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
So, how many of you are using your scores to help you get off a waitlist? quote]

I am. I'm also currently in a SMP, so I should be getting most of my second semester grades today plus MCAT. Lots of checking!

oh my, so i opened thx, and i got a page load error...then of course i was thinking they must be updating...refresh! lo and behold only my August 08 scores were still there...same old screen...:thumbdown:

so also i'm curious...do any of you do the same thing as me and cover up the screen as your opening thx so you can reveal it slowly and it's not such a slap in the face?

oh my, so i opened thx, and i got a page load error...then of course i was thinking they must be updating...refresh! lo and behold only my August 08 scores were still there...same old screen...:thumbdown:

so also i'm curious...do any of you do the same thing as me and cover up the screen as your opening thx so you can reveal it slowly and it's not such a slap in the face?

YES! I didn't do that last time. I just logged in and BAM, I was hit with a very unattractive number like a slap across the face. I definitely learned my lesson and now I cover it up with a piece of paper and slowly lower it to see if it's been updated.

Members don't see this ad :)
So, how many of you are using your scores to help you get off a waitlist

Not only am I currently on a waitlist, but I'm also on hold at something like eight schools, two of which told me to call them when I get my new scores to determine whether or not I'll get an interview. The seats are filling up fast.

I feel like it's so surreal that today is even here. I don't know about the rest of you, but I feel like spring semester always moves much more slowly than fall semester, so March 3 felt like forever!

...and now I don't even feel like it's really today.

unfortunately no =( I just checked again.

honestly I was feeling okay this morning but as the time gets closer, I'm feeling a bit nauseated heh. I know it's "unreasonable" since there's nothing we can do at this point, but ??

now I am worried that most people taking the exam on this date are doing retakes which means theyre better prepared. This was my first try so am I at a disadvantage?

Ugh... Im gonna have to take it again...

now I am worried that most people taking the exam on this date are doing retakes which means theyre better prepared. This was my first try so am I at a disadvantage?

Ugh... Im gonna have to take it again...

Don't think about it so much. It will all be revealed soon. *takes deep breath* This reply is as much for me as for you. I have to keep calming myself down.

6 months ago I was in the same situation as you guys...all my freaking out was for nothing because I got pleasantly surprised. I bet everyone did awesome

Members don't see this ad :)
that's so true, it does worry me that this testing had a lot of ppl retaking? but good point, ksmi117-- no point in thinking about it too much right now

I'd like to dedicate these song lyrics to the AAMC Thx website:

"Every breath you take... Every move you make...I'll be watching you"
-Police

"I just can’t get you out of my head
your score is all I think about
I just can’t get you out of my head
Boy it’s more than I dare to think about"
-Kylie Monogue

"One way or another, i'm gonna find ya.
I'm gonna getcha, getcha, getcha, getcha.
One way or another, i'm gonna win ya.
I'm gonna getcha, getcha, getcha, getcha.
One way or another, i'm gonna see ya.
I'm gonna meetcha, meetcha, meetcha, meetcha"
-Blondie

i'm hoping for a 3pm EST release.. if i have to wait til 5pm i might just lose it.

Hmmm... hot water heater went out this morning forcing me to take a cold shower. On the way back from class my bike chain dropped causing me to fall off and scrape the heck out of my arm.

Lets hope this is not alluding to this afternoon's outcome.

i'm hoping for a 3pm EST release.. if i have to wait til 5pm i might just lose it.
I will nicely tell you to hush it! IM writing fromt eh UK here an dits freaking 8:00 at nioght! Ive been waiting 11.5 hours and havent done anything!!!!!!!

anyway i will lose it if they dont deliver the scores

waiting all through yesterday and plus all this tension today has been one of the worst experiences of my life

I have been away from the internet for over an hour, and I come back to .... no freaking scores?

Maybe they are discussing my score, whether it is just a 44, or if it should be a 45?

You think?

Oh my goodness, when will these scores be out. i have no courage to check tx history, but i keep checking SDN. my feet are trembling in fear and my heart rate is very high. i dont know what has happened.

we should all go to the ****in aamc building and riot and burn tires and ****.wtf is wrong with them?????

Congrats to those of you that are happy!

For anyone strugglign with their score, or not wanting to post and wanting advice, you can PM me.

I spent three, long drawn-out sessions with this beast - it IS possible to raise a not so great score into one that will get you in! :love: