The Official 04/28/2012 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HoltMD

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I figured I should start this thread/support system. Good luck studying! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

If you guys are looking for a reason to blame as to why the later tests are more hard than previous tests I would partly blame the test prep companies for making their practice tests progressively harder and thereby pushing the envelope giving the AAMC no choice but to make their tests harder. The AAMC continually evaluates all of the different test materials out there and knows the level of difficulty that test prep companies put forth. I truly believe that Kaplan, Berkeley Review (especially the bio), PRH (especially the in class compendium), and Examkrackers, as well as others, have all contributed to this test getting progressively harder. That's just my theory. What do ya'll think? I mean theres a clear distinction between the difficulty of later tests and tests given up to 2009/10.

I think life is too short to point fingers and blame others. Accept the fact that the exam is getting harder, study for it, and move on. Don't dwell. Don't try figuring out why it's getting harder. Who cares? Just accept it

Members don't see this ad :)
I think life is too short to point fingers and blame others. Accept the fact that the exam is getting harder, study for it, and move on. Don't dwell. Don't try figuring out why it's getting harder. Who cares? Just accept it

I agree.

Please let this misery end already. I am now just looking forward to the part when I have to answer that last BS question. I am now just looking forward to post-MCAT. I am going to go to the theatre and watch so many movies. Omg. I feel like I'm in limbo. At the same time, I'm feeling so many other different emotions. :idea::laugh::love::eek::scared::confused: :cool: :luck:

Yeah, I'm still confused because 11 was obviously harder in both PS and BS but I scored well on them.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm still confused because 11 was obviously harder in both PS and BS but I was 1 question from a 14 in both.
I didn't think it was harder. I thought it required me to think harder. But all the answers for BS were in the passages. Lots of research based exe. What did they find? I did a lot worse on the other BS sections like 10's and 11's where they would ask for stupid facts. For PS is was a little harder, calculation heavy if anything.

But people are saying their MCAT was easier than the BS on 11, or at least equal. So i'm expecting a 14-15 here haha. PS is a gamble.

I didn't think it was harder. I thought it required me to think harder. But all the answers for BS were in the passages. Lots of research based exe. What did they find? I did a lot worse on the other BS sections like 10's and 11's where they would ask for stupid facts. For PS is was a little harder, calculation heavy if anything.

But people are saying their MCAT was easier than the BS on 11, or at least equal. So i'm expecting a 14-15 here haha. PS is a gamble.
Not so. 4/13 was much more difficult than AAMC 11. Just sayin'.

I agree with you about the BS section, there really wasn't any WTF moments for me while I took it. Most of the answers were in the passage or could be inferred from the passage, I admit there were a couple questions where I simply didn't know the answer because I forgot some random fact or something but other than that it wasn't terrible. I need to review the test tonight though so we'll see.

I agree.

Please let this misery end already. I am now just looking forward to the part when I have to answer that last BS question. I am now just looking forward to post-MCAT. I am going to go to the theatre and watch so many movies. Omg. I feel like I'm in limbo. At the same time, I'm feeling so many other different emotions. :idea::laugh::love::eek::scared::confused: :cool: :luck:

I think the post-test emotion and anxiety will kill our moods for the entire month of May until the score comes out, i.e. "OMG should I start studying right now in case I have to retake ?"

I think the post-test emotion and anxiety will kill our moods, i.e. "OMG should I start studying right now in case I have to retake ?"

haha not me...I need to instantly forget everything about the test after I take it and start studying for finals :scared: . Then after finals are over I'll probably just review concepts and do verbal practice just in case...you can never be too prepared for verbal...(unless you're name is nicknaylor, then you just go in and get a 15 on the verbal section like a boss)

Members don't see this ad :)
How do I call the actual site? Do I ask the AAMC people to connect me to the specific testing center?

Edit: wrong thread haha. sorry guyzz

I think the post-test emotion and anxiety will kill our moods for the entire month of May until the score comes out, i.e. "OMG should I start studying right now in case I have to retake ?"

Yea I'll probably have some restless/sleepless nights during May. And even when I'm filling up my apps, post-test emotion is going to be looming.

haha not me...I need to instantly forget everything about the test after I take it and start studying for finals :scared: . Then after finals are over I'll probably just review concepts and do verbal practice just in case...you can never be too prepared for verbal...(unless you're name is nicknaylor, then you just go in and get a 15 on the verbal section like a boss)

and don't forget to complete your amcas app (&aacomas if you're also applying DO like me)

I took it last May and it was probably 60% calculations with numbers that didn't work out relatively neatly. I'm not trying to be an alarmist but it was tough and I voided. I'm praying that I feel confident enough to at least submit it on Sat.

Who's going to continue studying after taking the exam on Sat? I've heard that's the smart thing to do unless you're really confident you got a great score.

Who's going to continue studying after taking the exam on Sat? I've heard that's the smart thing to do unless you're really confident you got a great score.

Yea I'm going to keep on studying, but lighter studying than these past few months.

I will probably continue practicing the Verbal because I know for sure it will ruin my score ! This test will be haunting us forever man. :mad:

Not so. 4/13 was much more difficult than AAMC 11. Just sayin'.

Oh wow...was not expecting that, actually.

I took it last May and it was probably 60% calculations with numbers that didn't work out relatively neatly. I'm not trying to be an alarmist but it was tough and I voided. I'm praying that I feel confident enough to at least submit it on Sat.

Shiiiiiit, rounding.

I will probably continue practicing the Verbal because I know for sure it will ruin my score ! This test will be haunting us forever man. :mad:

Yeah, same. I'm going to take a week or two off, party like crazy, drink 20 shots of Goose every night, and then after that i'm going to start doing about 2-3 verbal passages a day until the may 30th. If i'm not happy with my score, i'll retake in june

Wow aamc 11 was ridiculous. Am I the only one who seems to do better on the non science verbal passages?

AAMC 11
PS: WHAT THE FUUUUCKKKKK I WAS TAKING MY TIME THEN THE 35 MINUTE **** SHOWED UP AND I WAS STILL ON THE 3/4TH PASSAGE!!! USUALLY IM ONL IKE 5/6 WTFFFFF WAS IT ME OR DID EVERYONE RUN SHORT ON TIME...**** MAN i had to go to the bathroom too ****tttt...**** that was easy it was just timing that 1 2 and that terminal velocity passage slowed me down like crazzyy and wtf is up w/ showing me a single slit exp and then not even asking one question about ****ED UP MAN ****kkeeed up making me read **** i don't need to ****....im hoping for a 10/11 **** THIS SCORE IS GONNA BE LOWWWWWW will update after VR

Edit:
VR: ****ttt i dunno what happened marked so many questions this was the first time in verbal that i couldn't confidently answer at least 2-3 questions in each passage...my guess for this section is an 8 my overall is gonna be SUPER LOW this is so disappointing i hate this

Edit
Writing: wrote a lot more than last time as i got an N and they said i should write more, but at what cost?....i wasn't able to really proofread my last essay...

SMFH IM REALLY WORRIED ABOUT WHAT MY SCORES GONNA BE on this test here goes nothing for BS

BS: uhhh wow my brain was so shot by the time i got to bio i spent 10 min trying to figure out what their minus and plus signs denoted (thel lysosome essay) fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu and i still misunderstood it and missed 2 questions b/c of that smfh...some of these bio questions have like 3 choices that incorporate the passage info and then 1 thats outside knowledge SMFH ****ed me over

Conclusion:
**** man i should have done better on bio but i lack small little tidbits of info like the phosphodiester bond i know what it is but i totally forgot what connects to what

Verbal is gonna be low b/c i got distracted and just wasn't in the zone and i always seem to do bad on the "factual" science passages....

physics man the last two passages and 2 discretes at the end (weird) were easy but i was running SUPER short on time hopefully i got them right.

Predicted 11/ 9 / 11 31

Actual
rIzlA.png

SMH AFTER LOOKING AT MY MISTAKES BIO SHOULD HAVE BEEN A 13 fml and verbal an 11 AT LEAST FUUUCKK MAN

Wwooowwwwwww b/c i was rushed i missed 2 mistakes shoulda been a 14 **** man i guess timing is the issue for me ALSO FOR the quesiton about theta i put pi/2 to pi/4 b/c it looks like its from pi/4 to pi/2 which is the same in magnitude proportionally ohhh s****tt nvm **** i over thought that question

Lol nice job dude

Yeah, same. I'm going to take a week or two off, party like crazy, drink 20 shots of Goose every night, and then after that i'm going to start doing about 2-3 verbal passages a day until the may 30th. If i'm not happy with my score, i'll retake in june

Vegas for me. LOOOL. From what I've seen around the forums is just be confident in your averages. 90% chance you hit your average even if you feel you bombed the test.

Snort cocaine.

First masturbate, now cocaine?

#charliesheenisbecomingadoctorwtf

Wow aamc 11 was ridiculous. Am I the only one who seems to do better on the non science verbal passages?
Was not kidding at difficulty--and people say MCAT is even harder!

Also **** you mr Neuro, look at it: I CALLED YOU GETTING A 13

CALLLLEDD ITTTTTT

eat **** and die ps please take my mcat.

Vegas for me. LOOOL. From what I've seen around the forums is just be confident in your averages. 90% chance you hit your average even if you feel you bombed the test.
I might be going to midyear in December if I can get the hospital to pay for it, and also you can't trust your averages. People do amazing on AAMC3-5, and then 7-9 is "reality". I did better on 7-9, then on 10 I got a 29, and 11 I got a 31. So....****.

My PS section last may was more verbal-ish than anything else.

I didn't have anything that was crazy calculation heavy.

I did think that PS was crazy and got an 11. So don't trust how you feel.

You haven't run out of the Verbal passages ?? I have 11 left and probably will save them for the possible retake.

Should I take AAMC 10 tonight or just not bother?

edit: **** it, I'm taking it then reviewing it early tomorrow, I honestly can't force myself to do anymore of these damn passages from princeton review...

Last edited:
soooo i think that i have a stomach virus!! >.< Could the timing be anymore perfect?!:bang:

soooo i think that i have a stomach virus!! >.< Could the timing be anymore perfect?!:bang:

There's a crazy stomach thing going around on our campus- wash your hands frequently! Or just avoid contact with all others if possible. I almost lost it when a guy coughed all over me in the ER yesterday.

damn...upon reviewing AAMC 11...some of the PS questions I got wrong were dumbbbbbb >_< If I wasn't so busy panicking about time I might have gotten them right. And for BS there were a few that I flip flopped on and just ended up picking the wrong answer..except for one question where I even wrote the answer down in my notebook as I was taking the test but then picked the opposite option for some reason haha. Oh well..live and learn?

There's a crazy stomach thing going around on our campus- wash your hands frequently! Or just avoid contact with all others if possible. I almost lost it when a guy coughed all over me in the ER yesterday.

Are you guys talking about the outbreak in New Jersey back in February ?

no- I'm in NC and was referring to reports from students in our lab that a lot of their friends were sick with stomach viruses .. . and then the other tech in our lab got one :( I'd better not be next, or at least the incubation period better get me through to Sunday

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I just got a 31 on AAMC 11. AND THE REAL THING IS PROBABLY GOING TO BE EVEN HARDER.
:-( :-( :-( :-(

That Bio was redic. Very time consuming!!

damn...upon reviewing AAMC 11...some of the PS questions I got wrong were dumbbbbbb >_< If I wasn't so busy panicking about time I might have gotten them right. And for BS there were a few that I flip flopped on and just ended up picking the wrong answer..except for one question where I even wrote the answer down in my notebook as I was taking the test but then picked the opposite option for some reason haha. Oh well..live and learn?

Did u end up taking aamc 10?

what are you guys doing tonight/tomorrow?

i'm trying to review my physics/gencehm notes but can't focus worth sh.it