The Official 04/28/2012 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HoltMD

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I figured I should start this thread/support system. Good luck studying! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

damn lol I'm sitting here in class >_< he's giving out info about the final exam so I had to be here

I actually haven't read the optics/lens chapter in Physics (it's the most useless chapter of them all) and have missed pretty much every mirror/lens question on the AAMCs so i'm GUESSSING it might be appropriate to learn it now :D:D

Also going to go over evolution in bio, since that's also a f.ucking useless chapter and I haven't read that one either.

Also going to the liquor store to buy some grey goose for tomorrow night. Kinda sad that this is the last day we'll all be here...let's all keep in touch. I love you all :(:(

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, I have a question -

I haven't really gone over bio in a while now. I feel like maybe 5-10 questions in each bio section are content based, and they're usually straight forward. How in depth do you know your bio? I feel like taking the AAMCs has made me realize it's not too detail oriented (for example, I've forgotten which hormones are peptides/steroids/tyrosine derivatives).

Are you guys going to review all the minute details of bio?

Lucky you. I got an email from my preceptor; I have to apply for the intern ID at North Shore, then read JNC7, as well as ATP3, albuterol protocols, start writing PS, go to work to find out schedule (3 days next week, don't know which).....ffffff

How in depth do you know your bio?
Some of the **** I've done in school apparently does not correspond with what we know, but I know my bio decently well.

Hi! You received a score of 0 because this essay was uploaded incorrectly to our system. Please contact your local Princeton Review office to have this matter resolved

:|

Last edited:
Lucky you. I got an email from my preceptor; I have to apply for the intern ID at North Shore, then read JNC7, as well as ATP3, albuterol protocols, start writing PS, go to work to find out schedule (3 days next week, don't know which).....ffffff

Some of the **** I've done in school apparently does not correspond with what we know, but I know my bio decently well.

:|

Did you get that error for AAMC 11? Don't bother re submitting...I tried 3 times and it didn't work

Yeah, for AAMC11. **** it.

All the previous MCAT takers said the bio was graph intensive so I'm working on that. Passage 78 in Bio CRUSHED me, I got 5/7. Guessed on two as well, so really I should have gotten 4/7 legit...

Kinda sad that this is the last day we'll all be here...let's all keep in touch. I love you all :(:(

Yeah, this reminds me of the time when a class is finished at the end of every quarter. Though, don't worry. We'll still keep this thread going until the score is out, right ? :D

Yeah, this reminds me of the time when a class is finished at the end of every quarter. Though, don't worry. We'll still keep this thread going until the score is out, right ? :D

We'll keep this thread going for applications. This is where we'll ask and help each other complete our apps. And then after that, we can keep this thread going, even after after the scores are released. This is our hangout now.

Anyone up for a post-test bitch group? We can make a chat room where we can all come and bitch about the test...away from the judgmental eyes of sdn :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
I think score as well as schools, maybe.

We'll keep this thread going for applications. This is where we'll ask and help each other complete our apps. And then after that, we can keep this thread going, even after after the scores are released. This is our hangout now.

:thumbup::thumbup: Totally agree. This has been the most epic thread ever with the most awesome people !

Anyone up for a post-test bitch group? We can make a chat room where we can all come and bitch about the test...away from the judgmental eyes of sdn :laugh:

:thumbup: I'm down :laugh:

I'm down for the post-test bi.tch chatroom since the mods are going to be all over this page and will ban us for anything we say

Best of luck to you all tomorrow! I've been following this thread for a while since I was originally scheduled for 4/28 as well (switched to 5/12). You guys have all been dedicated and done a great job improving your scores. Relax today and kick some ass tomorrow!

Although I imagine I'll be bitchy for all of May regardless :)

Pretty much always bitchy although I'm sure I'll be worse throughout all of may also. Btw dont waste time signing on to get your scores early. Mine came out last year exactly 1 hour before they were supposed to. People claim they've gotten theirs early but it's very rare I think

I'm down for the post-test bi.tch chatroom since the mods are going to be all over this page and will ban us for anything we say

I mean we can't discuss MCAT stuff anyway--someone got caught already from previous tests...

Right well we just wont talk about exam specifics, other than that we will be ok

actually now that I think about it, I don't think i'll have time to be bitchy..I gotta come home from the test, grab food, and then go to some event for class that lasts till like 11pm. Then on sunday I have to write 3 papers which are all due monday morning + one last homework assignment that is also due monday morning..****..

Last edited:
I worked all the passages from the Official MCAT guide yesterday. I thought it was a great last minute review. The questions seemed to be longer and more convoluted than TBR. I found that I had to re-read a question a few times to understand what it was asking. Felt like a good warm up for tomorrows battle.

I refuse to study today. What I score, I score. I've done everything possible to prepare for this exam.

Now, I'm going to spend the rest of the day rock climbing.

Good luck everyone! May the odds be ever in your favor!

I worked all the passages from the Official MCAT guide yesterday. I thought it was a great last minute review. The questions seemed to be longer and more convoluted than TBR. I found that I had to re-read a question a few times to understand what it was asking. Felt like a good warm up for tomorrows battle.

I refuse to study today. What I score, I score. I've done everything possible to prepare for this exam.

Now, I'm going to spend the rest of the day rock climbing.

Good luck everyone! May the odds be ever in your favor!

F.uck that sh.it. I'm studying all day!

I'm going to be heading to LA in 3 hours. Going to visit the prometric center today as well. Bringing my flashcards with me.

I'm going to be heading to LA in 3 hours. Going to visit the prometric center today as well. Bringing my flashcards with me.

The weather is quite beautiful in LA today and tomorrow. Hope tomorrow will be a good day for us. For all of us actually

Damn. I've been calm for the past 2 weeks but the nerves are starting to kick in now :mad:

I can definitely relate to that. I've been chilling these past couple of weeks, and now, I feel like I'm on a different world. Trying my best to still keep calm though. Let's go in there and tackle this beast. :cool:

Did you guys memorize the amino acids? For me, maybe just half of them. And most of the orgo mechanisms didn't really stick, but I noticed that through POE, you can usually eliminate the obvious wrong ones for those questions.

How about the IR peaks other than alcohol and carbonyls? And HNMR peaks other than aldehydes? XP

Yeah, for AAMC11. **** it.

All the previous MCAT takers said the bio was graph intensive so I'm working on that. Passage 78 in Bio CRUSHED me, I got 5/7. Guessed on two as well, so really I should have gotten 4/7 legit...

the ebola passage? didn't think it was that bad just reallyyyy time consuming..but then again ive read a lot of papers w/ knock-ins and knock outs and different types of transgenics and cre floxing too

apps fo sho this thread is beastly
I mean we can't discuss MCAT stuff anyway--someone got caught already from previous tests...

smh thats why we do a chat roooom sonnn...but lets do it on monday cuz im gonna be browning in and out of consciousness LOL (always sunny reference)

I'm in Cali, so around this time, I'll be eating lunch. Just a sandwich, nothing too heavy.

haha, same here. I'm in CA, so I'll be eating lunch too

The weather is quite beautiful in LA today and tomorrow. Hope tomorrow will be a good day for us. For all of us actually

Culver City Prometric??? thats where im heading

I can definitely relate to that. I've been chilling these past couple of weeks, and now, I feel like I'm on a different world. Trying my best to still keep calm though. Let's go in there and tackle this beast. :cool:

Did you guys memorize the amino acids? For me, maybe just half of them. And most of the orgo mechanisms didn't really stick, but I noticed that through POE, you can usually eliminate the obvious wrong ones for those questions.

How about the IR peaks other than alcohol and carbonyls? And HNMR peaks other than aldehydes? XP

Amino Acids - No
Orgo mechanisms - No
IR Peaks - only alcohol and carbonyl

The more AAMCs i took, the more i raelized this test is very little content based

I'm memorizing all the MAJOR hnmr peaks: aldehydes Alkenes alkanes aromatics and carboxylic acids. And I'm memorizing the absorptions for IR spec for alcohols carbonyls and amines. Those are the key ones. I'm actually going over that whole chapter now.

the ebola passage? didn't think it was that bad just reallyyyy time consuming..but then again ive read a lot of papers w/ knock-ins and knock outs and different types of transgenics and cre floxing too

apps fo sho this thread is beastly

smh thats why we do a chat roooom sonnn...but lets do it on monday cuz im gonna be browning in and out of consciousness LOL (always sunny reference)

Culver City Prometric??? thats where im heading

Yes. That's awesome man. So one of those people there will be you haha. You live near there? Or are you staying at a hotel?

TPR says to know aldehydes (9-10), acids (10-13), alcohols (2-5), benzenes (6-8)

is that even NMR? wtf did I just type those are shifts lol.

C=C = 1650ish
C=C / C=N = 2250
OH is broad 3200
C=O is 1700

that's allls i know. I've had amino acids memorized since my 2nd year of pharm so that's like...2008/9. orgo mechs, for the most part, i do have down. when it comes to 2ndary, it's a free-for-all. coupled with NMR = fuuuck.

TPR says to know aldehydes (9-10), acids (10-13), alcohols (2-5), benzenes (6-8)

is that even NMR? wtf did I just type those are shifts lol.

C=C = 1650ish
C=C / C=N = 2250
OH is broad 3200
C=O is 1700

that's allls i know. I've had amino acids memorized since my 2nd year of pharm so that's like...2008/9. orgo mechs, for the most part, i do have down. when it comes to 2ndary, it's a free-for-all. coupled with NMR = fuuuck.

Yea that's NMR, HNMR to be specific.

I'm not wasting my time with NMR peaks. the only NMR question i've seen is "how many peaks"

I'm trying desperately not to say anything I can get in trouble for so all I'm gunna say is I think it would be beneficial to know where you would find the peaks for aldehydes, aromatics, and aldehydes at least

Yes. That's awesome man. So one of those people there will be you haha. You live near there? Or are you staying at a hotel?

pasadena/OC driving there...looked it up on yelp and apparently to use the restroom you need to get a key walk out of the building and apparently its only one bathroom....so be prepared during your breaks to book it to the bathroom

Can we make a list here of all the bonds found in Biological systems

amino acids
-peptide bond formed by condensation broken by hydrolysis
DNA
-i have no ****ing idea LOL

pasadena/OC driving there...looked it up on yelp and apparently to use the restroom you need to get a key walk out of the building and apparently its only one bathroom....so be prepared during your breaks to book it to the bathroom

amino acids
DNA

chill outttt. You know all of them already, and trying to list all of them will probably just frustrate you more than anything. You'll remember them when the time comes.

amino acids
DNA

One bathroom...wow.

amino acids
DNA

I don't see bathroom lines as being an issue if that's what you're worried about. They space out everyone starting the exam intentionally so no one has breaks at the same time. The last time I took it I didn't see a soul during my break except the people that worked at the testing center

amino acids
DNA

and btw, how long is your drive there going to be?