The Official 07/30/09 MCAT club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lmnguye4

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I saw someone JUST made a official August 6 MCAT club, and I thought, where's July 30, 2009? So, I made one! :thumbup: Unless... I missed it somewhere... :confused:

I haven't started studying yet, but I will when final exams are over (this Thursday)!! :D :)

Members don't see this ad.

Yes but the pm people got theirs later...so at least we should get our scores before the 31 people lol.

Is the thread glitching for anyone else too? The posts keep getting all numbered wrong and its taking pages away and stuff weird. maybe too much traffic or something

Members don't see this ad :)
Who knows how it works. They might have it automated to release at a certain time or something. Its impossible to figure out the workings of the great AAMC
I highly doubt they have an automated release time, or that there is anything nefarious or sadistic taking place here.

I'd bet money on either of these two scenarios:
a) The person who was supposed to upload the data performed their task which appeared to have worked successfully, and then they went home blissfully unaware that it might not actually be available to the end users. This can happen to anyone. The most annoying part is that there's no way for us to contact their support staff and make sure they know there is a problem. (As much as it annoys me, I can completely understand because if they did actually have a working phone number you know it'd be ringing off the hook with calls from angry Type A premeds. And that doesn't get it fixed any faster.)

b) The person responsible for uploading the data knows that there's a problem and is sweating bullets, trying frantically to get everything fixed and published, simultaneously fending off requests for status updates from their boss. In which case, I'm going to go have sushi and beer and be glad I'm not that person tonight.

Can you tell I work in IT? :rolleyes:

Is the thread glitching for anyone else too? The posts keep getting all numbered wrong and its taking pages away and stuff weird. maybe too much traffic or something

OK so what's the latest that anyone has gotten there's recently? IS it about time just to forget about it for the night? Has anyone gotten them as late as 10 est?

When I got my MCAT scores a little over a month ago, they were not released until about 10:00 PM... So many people were checking SDN that it crashed for a bit. :laugh:

If my scores don't come out till ten I will go insane! They better be out before then..for one my grandparents are calling my aunt every five minutes.

C) There is a group of aamc top brass crowded around a wooden table carved in the shape of a skull smoking cigars and counting their money as they plot to continue delaying the score release in the hopes of more people signing up for retakes...
Delusions of grandeur are much more exciting, aren't they? :laugh:

I think the mods are deleting troll posts...

Members don't see this ad :)
So i took the MCAT 5/28 and came out thinking i did horribly. Didn't have time to finish any of the sections. I wound up with a 8VR 11BS and 9PS my AMCAS average was around a 28, however my last 4 practice tests were 30+ so i decided to study again and took the july 31st exam. What worries me is that I was working a full time job and filling out secondaries, leaving me with hardly any time to study. I went into the July 31st exam with the idea that if i really thought i did not do well i would void the exam afterwards (making me much more relaxed). At the end of the exam i thought that everything went relatively well (except the writing sample), however, now i worry that because of the lack of studying I did not have a good gauge on my performance and now I have this extra stress of a delayed release. Anyone have a similar experience?

Someone said the score will be out at 9pm EST, 6 more mins!!!

I think you people need to get the idea out of your head that there is someone just sitting there waiting to release the scores at a predetermined time. Obviously, there is some type of delay.

I think you people need to get the idea out of your head that there is someone just sitting there waiting to release the scores at a predetermined time. Obviously, there is some type of delay.
Exactly. It just doesn't work that way! :thumbup:

screw it. just gonna check my horoscope and find what my lucky numbers are for the day....then put that on my secondaries as my MCAT score
seems logical

Yes but I will probably still check at 9 and then 9:30 and then 10:00 anyways. Because you never know.

Since they haven't posted a message that the scores are going to be after sept.1
yet, there is still a small chance they can fix w/e the hell is going on and release
them today.

predetermine or not, as long as I get my score, delay should not be tolerated, especially coming from AAMC who just happen to be responsible for one of the most important standardized tests on this planet:eek:

see the thing that pisses me off is that essentially, we are consumers of this exam. We pay our hard earned cash in order to take it, and where I'm from, when you buy something, you expect it to work well.

In this case, the product is not delivering its promise...

see the thing that pisses me off is that essentially, we are consumers of this exam. We pay our hard earned cash in order to take it, and where I'm from, when you buy something, you expect it to work well.

exactly the have a monopoly and no competition, hence low efficiency. Because even if they are inefficient people are still going to buy their service/product because they have to if they want to go to med school

Hey guys. My scores are still not up. I also have not received a message from AAMC indicating that the score release date has been postponed.
Is this unprecedented? The idea that the "MCAT company" would shirk score posting, without notifying its clients, does not seem so different from a "no call no show" at work. I'm shocked.

amen:luck:

I'll drink to that.

What's pissing me off is I can't possibly focus on homework in this state. I'm getting farther behind, going to have a ****ty weekend of work, and i'm not even guaranteed a good score
I feel you there. I have to memorize all the amino acids for a quiz in biochem but its not going to happen until I get my scores.

5:30p- no score
6:00p- no score
6:30p- no score
7:45p- no score
8:00p- no score
8:30p- no socre
9:00p- no score
9:10p- no score

you have no scores yet.....? Is that even proper English?

almost makes me want to go to business school, turn around and start another testing company, put the aamc out of business, and force them to lick my butthole

Ya that's a good idea. While they're licking your butthole, you should just diarrhea on their faces. Then take their money and give them no courtesy face wash. If they want, they may have a golden shower via you. That's how I feel I've been treated. :laugh:

Ya that's a good idea. While they're licking your butthole, you should just diarrhea on their faces. Then take their money and give them no courtesy face wash. If they want, they may have a golden shower via you. That's how I feel I've been treated. :laugh:
:rofl: