The Official 07/30/09 MCAT club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lmnguye4

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I saw someone JUST made a official August 6 MCAT club, and I thought, where's July 30, 2009? So, I made one! :thumbup: Unless... I missed it somewhere... :confused:

I haven't started studying yet, but I will when final exams are over (this Thursday)!! :D :)

Members don't see this ad.

agreed. I really need to stop obsessively checking but I just can't tear myself away.

I agree with everyone.... I've just been refrshing this shiznit all morning so I know when the scores come out... but this is irritating~! Someone needs to let the AAMC folks know that this is really frustrating for the test taker... imagine the emotional trauma they inflict on us whenever we take this exam... they should give us a time when they'll release and we'll HOLD their NUTZ to the time~! this is annoying....

Members don't see this ad :)
SCORES ARE UP!

34Q here (11PS, 13BS, 10VR). VR is usually my strongest section, but whatever. I'm happy with the 34, kind of bummed about the Q. Overall, I'm excited and relieved.

I'm getting inebriated tonight. Who's with me?

Finally! Guys they are up please post your score by section. I will get the ball rolling: PS 10 VR 11 BS 14 Total: 35R I had been averaging about a 42 on my practice tests, but I guess this will do. I nearly ran out of time on my PS section because I forgot the BIG 3 kinematic equations, luckily I was able to derive them from scratch (thank you Newton lol) Anyway, don't rush the servers at once or you guys might have to wait even longer. It has been a long day but I think I'm done. I need to finish my secondary for UCSF so I'll be on my way. Good luck to all! Have a great summer! Get started on that homework all you slackers!

Members don't see this ad :)
You guys need to learn to deal with anxiety. I'm waiting for my score as well but am still managing to get work done.

They're up...

PS 14
VR 9
BS 11

34Q

Are some schools really serious about the double digit verbal cutoff?? I'm applying to some big names and I don't think the verbal score will cut it :(
I don't really know what happened, I swear they had mispelled some words in the passages and that was throwing me off. Anyway, please post your scores so we can all compare. This was a rough go around guys so be proud of yourself. The curve was harsh, but like my old math teacher used to say, 'The bell curve is a lot like a piece of fruit, if you bite too hard it will chip your tooth.'

WOW!!! I thought I bombed the Bio and just got my scores
PS 13
VR 11
BS 12
WS Q

What does the Q mean?

I am soooo happy. I hope you all did well, and if not, that your retake goes great!

taking it again.
but happy with my first attempt.

Verbal Reasoning (VR) Physical Sciences (PS) Writing Sample (WS) Biological Sciences (BS) Total * AMCAS Release 07/30/2009 10 11 P 10 31P Y

They're up...

PS 14
VR 9
BS 11

34Q

Are some schools really serious about the double digit verbal cutoff?? I'm applying to some big names and I don't think the verbal score will cut it :(
I don't really know what happened, I swear they had mispelled some words in the passages and that was throwing me off. Anyway, please post your scores so we can all compare. This was a rough go around guys so be proud of yourself. The curve was harsh, but like my old math teacher used to say, 'The bell curve is a lot like a piece of fruit, if you bite too hard it will chip your tooth.'

You're fine. Congrats!

Ugg

PS: 12
VR: 9
BS: 10

Thought I did a couple points better but oh well it should be good to get me into med school. Was averaging around 32.5

They're up...

PS 14
VR 9
BS 11

34Q

I felt awful after the verbal as well (at least five questions confused the hell out of me), and ended up getting a 10. I usually score a 13 or 14. Luckily, I scored a 13 in bio where I usually score around 11.

Verbal Reasoning (VR): 10 Percentile Range: 69.1 - 84.5 Physical Sciences (PS): 12 Percentile Range: 90.9 - 96.2 Writing Sample (WS): M Percentile Range: 11.9 - 35.1 Biological Sciences (BS): 08 Percentile Range: 26.1 - 41.7 Total Score: 30M Percentile Range: 75.3 - 80.4

really unhappy, was averaging 42-40 on the practice tests..........

PS 14
VR 11
BS 12
O

I suppose that is just the nature of the mcat though.

Will the "O" hurt me?

Do we have to hit submit or not? They will be automatically loaded to amcas so i dont see why i would have to, but i dont understand why that button is there?

for what its worth...i was expecting much higher on verbal...but lower on physical sciences....

my aamc average was a 30.5....so overall i'm happy.

VR = 6 (previously got a 9), PS = 12, BS = 10 WS = L 28L

weird distribution..I thought the sciences i had done worse on and the VR i did better at..

I did worse than i did before but fortunately i got off of a waitlist after i took the test so no worries...i was still very anxious to get my scores even though they didn't matter.

Im not getting in anywhere........:(

Do not lose hope! Re-evaluate where you went wrong! You may or may not apply this year, but next year is ripe for the picking if this year is not! One year may seem like a lot, but what's one year of waiting compared to a lifetime of regret?

NO STUDY, just 3 practice exams and took the exam stoned (which probably helped because I was so calm) No lies! **** ya!

10/9/10 -29M - 3.95 SCI GPA

HELLL YAAA, although kinda of pissed because I konw I could of scored above 30! thank the lord anyways. love you all!

I have a cGPA 3.84 and the same for science. But I just got killed :(

Im very depressed about my MCAT score. I think I froze or something.

PS - 7
VR - 8
BS - 10
WS - Q

Can I still get into DO schools? Thats all Im applying to but I still feel like I dont have a shot and am just so incredibly disappointed in myself.

Mixed emotions...

PRACTICE: PS 11 VR 9 BS 11 = 31

07/30: PS 13 VR 10 BS 11 W Q = 34Q

I had expected my BS to be much higher, but the fire alarm in the exam room went off for 10 minutes in which I made no productive progress on the test and then rushed and guessed at the end. I definitely should have had a higher score on BS.

I also have a test date booked for sept 10th due to the fire alarm, just covering my ass cause they were not going to help me. I don't think I will sit because it's too risky, so there you go AAMC another $225 **** you!

10's across the board. I'm happy, not ecstatic, but happy. I honestly forget last year. Do these scores get automatically sent to the schools I applied to? I submitted a few weeks ago and I indicated that I was waiting on 7/30 scores.

Wait a minute, you got a 30 and you're despairing?! I thought you meant you got something much, much worse! You're fine! Keep applying!

Thanks a lot of the encouragement......lets hope for the best..good luck to the rest of u.....

hey everyone,
here's a true story full of hope and heart break

so, like most of you here i dreamt of being a doctor from a very young age- i felt like it was my calling. last year i took the 8/15 mcat and didn't do very hot- I ended up with a 21P. I started to, naturally, think I wasn't good enough to be a doctor. I took the 7/30-09 test and got a 33R (straight 11's). As I was studying for this test for less than two months, I became confident with the information but my practice scores weren't that high. I couldnt even tell you the average maybe it was around a 30.

Paired with 3.96 GPA, graduating with honors and a year early, ec's and research- this mcat score is going to help my dreams come true.

There is always hope.

Ps 6
Bs 10
Vr 8

Well I knew I did bad on Ps but Im going back again to try again. I could have done way better. Does anybody have suggestions as far as VR?:confused:

hey everyone,
here's a true story full of hope and heart break

so, like most of you here i dreamt of being a doctor from a very young age- i felt like it was my calling. last year i took the 8/15 mcat and didn't do very hot- I ended up with a 21P. I started to, naturally, think I wasn't good enough to be a doctor. I took the 7/30-09 test and got a 33R (straight 11's). As I was studying for this test for less than two months, I became confident with the information but my practice scores weren't that high. I couldnt even tell you the average maybe it was around a 30.

Paired with 3.96 GPA, graduating with honors and a year early, ec's and research- this mcat score is going to help my dreams come true.

There is always hope.
def not the norm but congrats!!! I too hope my real thing September 10 will be above AAMC average of 32...Congratulations everyone!!!! ITS OVER...for those that retake....you will kill it!!