The Official 08/21/09 MCAT Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wussok

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I know it's early and most people who are writing the MCAT on this day are waiting for exams to finish before they even think MCAT. But, there must be people who are writing it on this day on SDN. Let's share study strategies and motivate eachother :)

Members don't see this ad.

BS 10

VR 9

PS 9

28Q

GPA..3.84

What do my chances look like for schools like Temple, Penn State, Jefferson, Drexel, GWU?? Congrats to everyone!! you guys got some pretty sexy scores :thumbup:
Your chances for Drexel I think are average... For Penn State, Jefferson, GWU and Temple, your chances are below average.

Last edited:
A few quick questions, if you don't mind answering...
Did you study in between the tests?
What was your original AAMC average ?
How did you feel after each test?

Thanks! (I'm in a similar situation)
And congrats, that's a great improvement :)

Yea, I studied between but not immediately. After the first test I took time off...hardcore. Didnt pick up a book, even let myself think about the test at all. Partied, did what ever I felt like..played alot of COD4:p. Went on a two week vacation overseas to get my, as I called it, "chi back in line." I reeeaaaaaallly think this is important for anyone taking the MCAT since it allows the brain time to digest all that crap your feeding it. So that was about month and a few days. Once I got more score 1st back I started studying again..but I eased into it and focused on PS and VR real hard and did a lot more practice taking the test. I also only allowed myself 4-5 hours on any given day...didn't wanna burn out. I was only trying to get low 30s at that point.

Now the crazy part was my best AAMC was a 32 and average of 29-30.

The other crazy part is I felt very confident after my first exam even though I was burnt out...I think I was just delusional at that point in retrospect. After my second I didn't know what to think after the way I felt after my first and didn't wanna think about it at all.

Hope that helps..and thanks! Goes to show mindset is just critical as the work you put in. Good luck to you!

WOW you guys did awesome!!! congrats you all are going to have excellent futures and for those of you who feel you didnt score up to your potential, do not DARE give up.. anything you want this badly is not worth throwing away over one silly test that represents about 1/47289347092108 of your entire life :) im waiting for my results from the 9/4 test i just hope my scores are near as great as most of yours!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea, I studied between but not immediately. After the first test I took time off...hardcore. Didnt pick up a book, even let myself think about the test at all. Partied, did what ever I felt like..played alot of COD4:p. Went on a two week vacation overseas to get my, as I called it, "chi back in line." I reeeaaaaaallly think this is important for anyone taking the MCAT since it allows the brain time to digest all that crap your feeding it. So that was about month and a few days. Once I got more score 1st back I started studying again..but I eased into it and focused on PS and VR real hard and did a lot more practice taking the test. I also only allowed myself 4-5 hours on any given day...didn't wanna burn out. I was only trying to get low 30s at that point.

The other crazy part is I felt very confident after my first exam even though I was burnt out...I think I was just delusional at that point in retrospect. After my second I didn't know what to think after the way I felt after my first and didn't wanna think about it at all.

Hope that helps..and thanks! Goes to show mindset is just critical as the work you put in. Good luck to you!

I cannot tell you how happy this makes me... sounds a lot like me. I'm not sure I was quite as burnt out when I took the first test... but I kind of went through the same study plan as you after. I took the first test and just felt awful after, like my brain literally stopped working. After the second test, I was able to go shopping! Ha! I even had to drive an hour after and I felt fine.

I can think of 1 question I missed for sure in PS and 4-5 in BS, but I feel good about the rest of my answers.... I think.

If my results turn out anything like yours I think I will start crying.. haha. I had a 29R to begin with! 36R just sounds sexy.

I cannot tell you how happy this makes me... sounds a lot like me. I'm not sure I was quite as burnt out when I took the first test... but I kind of went through the same study plan as you after. I took the first test and just felt awful after, like my brain literally stopped working. After the second test, I was able to go shopping! Ha! I even had to drive an hour after and I felt fine.

I can think of 1 question I missed for sure in PS and 4-5 in BS, but I feel good about the rest of my answers.... I think.

If my results turn out anything like yours I think I will start crying.. haha. I had a 29R to begin with! 36R just sounds sexy.

Funny you say that..I drove up to Boston to from Philly right after (6 hrs) and I made it in one piece. If you felt mentally stable afterwards...feel confident then!

Oh and trust me..youll be hysterical like I was after I found out my scores. Some people sitting next to me were stairing at me almost scared when I freaked out. When I explained..they didnt look so scared..but were still concerned. Oh well they dont know the work and stress that goes into this devil spawn of an exam!

Thats a great story! Thanks for sharing. Im waiting for my scores and this really does give me hope!

Funny you say that..I drove up to Boston to from Philly right after (6 hrs) and I made it in one piece. If you felt mentally stable afterwards...feel confident then!

Oh and trust me..youll be hysterical like I was after I found out my scores. Some people sitting next to me were stairing at me almost scared when I freaked out. When I explained..they didnt look so scared..but were still concerned. Oh well they dont know the work and stress that goes into this devil spawn of an exam!

Here's to hoping =)

I just hope that I felt better because I KNEW the material better not that it was just an easier test (because then it will have a steep curve).

2 more weeks

CONGRATS AGAIN!

Has anyone gotten any interviews yet from the Aug 21st MCAT in that our apps weren't complete until 9/22?

I got an interview from UPitt literally 15 minutes after my MCAT was released - but they have an automated system.

All other schools have not yet offered interviews, so don't worry (I anticipate getting interviews everywhere bc I'm very competitive paper applicant).

i havent been on here since i last took the mcat on aug 21..
i got a 36 O!!!!!!! 13PS 10VR 13BS so lucky, i did much worse on the practice AAMC ones!!! i havent been checking here because i dont care about the mcat anymore!

Last edited: