The Official 08/21/09 MCAT Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wussok

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I know it's early and most people who are writing the MCAT on this day are waiting for exams to finish before they even think MCAT. But, there must be people who are writing it on this day on SDN. Let's share study strategies and motivate eachother :)

Members don't see this ad.

Same thing happened to me on a couple of stand alone questions, real simple and I can't believe I missed them. Hope I guessed right on a couple of them to make up the difference.

Members don't see this ad :)
So i was in class today, and thinking about MCAT for no good reason. And I just realize that I missed one more problem than i thought. It is about the orbital acceleration. I couldnt figure out if i should time 0.4 or divide 0.4. Like the easiest problem but i think the pink paper was missing with my mind. Also there was someone taking the GRE right next to me.......and was typing the whole time i was doing physics...WTF..

Sorry, I'm new to this. Just want to respond to Spiker. Also happened to me on a couple of stand alone questions. Simple and yet I missed them. I guess stress will do it to you.

I thought the tulip passage was the second-hardest. But that SPAM passage or whatever it was... there were two questions on there that were almost exactly the same and I couldn't decide between two answers both times... maybe you know which ones I'm talking about. I had to decide whether to go with the answer that seemed really obvious but wasn't supported by the text, or the one that seemed to make sense based on the rest of the passage. It was horrible.

oh no...i don't even remember the Spam passage. what was that about?

oh no...i don't even remember the Spam passage. what was that about?

I remember now that it's actually SHAM; I wouldn't worry about it if you don't remember it, it's probably one of the ones they switched out (consider yourself lucky, it was not good). It was basically about self-help books and how they're shams (hence the backronym). But the questions were all about the author's intent in using specific examples and stuff, which is what I always find to be most difficult.

So i was in class today, and thinking about MCAT for no good reason. And I just realize that I missed one more problem than i thought. It is about the orbital acceleration. I couldnt figure out if i should time 0.4 or divide 0.4. Like the easiest problem but i think the pink paper was missing with my mind. Also there was someone taking the GRE right next to me.......and was typing the whole time i was doing physics...WTF..

I don't recall a question like that. Was this discrete or passage-related?

Discrete 2pm test... i think it maybe experimental since i know a few people that didnt see it as well....hum

Man, everytime I think toward next week my stomach turns.....Please God, help us all to be satisfied with our scores and never have to write this test again.

Amen to that my cdn brotha! are you applying this cycle to cdn schools? I started omsas applications, but can't bring my self to completing it until I know my score.

dunno if i'm missing something here, but the thx web site says that the mcat registration user name will not work with the thx web site, but it works for me ???

dunno if i'm missing something here, but the thx web site says that the mcat registration user name will not work with the thx web site, but it works for me ???

Where does it say that? It's supposed to work :p (it works for me) or else you wouldn't be able to check your test scores. Your login name and password are used to login to the thx website. =)

Guys, I'm getting so nervous. I need my MCAT score to boost me up in the eyes of the adcoms! Less than 100 hours to go...

I'm starting to get nervous as well. I really really hope I did really well I won't let down myself and the people around me (or at least the image of me other people have). Please oh please let me do well (channeling Up!) :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
Where does it say that? It's supposed to work :p (it works for me) or else you wouldn't be able to check your test scores. Your login name and password are used to login to the thx website. =)

It says that if you type in the wrong password.

Amen to that my cdn brotha! are you applying this cycle to cdn schools? I started omsas applications, but can't bring my self to completing it until I know my score.

Yeah I'll be applying to Ontario schools this cycle. Yeah me neither, I need to know my scores so I know exactly which schools to apply too. I pray I can meet the Western cutoffs because you're pretty much guaranteed an interview if you do.

Yeah I'll be applying to Ontario schools this cycle. Yeah me neither, I need to know my scores so I know exactly which schools to apply too. I pray I can meet the Western cutoffs because you're pretty much guaranteed an interview if you do.

I'm in the same boat as you! Also praying that I meet Queen's cutoff as well, though they are less predictable..:xf:

Hey, Kanye West, I wish you all the best for your MCAT score.. even though our president thinks you're a jack@ss. :laugh:

I can't wait till Kanye West interrupts you while posting your mcat scores:

I.. I'm sorry.. Imma let you finish... but Beyonce (or insert 43-er from SDN) got the best MCAT score of all time!

I can't wait till Kanye West interrupts you while posting your mcat scores:

I.. I'm sorry.. Imma let you finish... but Beyonce (or insert 43-er from SDN) got the best MCAT score of all time!

LMAO!! That's tooo funny.

Yes and it's done that to everyone since August.

yeah it says it on my screen too.

Two more days... I really hope to get a 30+ score. I felt better than when I took it the first time. But now that I think about it more and more I starts to feel terrible about my scores.

GL to everyone. I hope you all get scores that you are content with.

yeah it says it on my screen too.

Two more days... I really hope to get a 30+ score. I felt better than when I took it the first time. But now that I think about it more and more I starts to feel terrible about my scores.

GL to everyone. I hope you all get scores that you are content with.

Hey it's my good buddy ezsanche! ;) I know what you mean. I have this horrible knot in my stomach everytime I think of the test. And as the day nears, I'm compulsively checking this forum because I know there's nothing on the thx score report yet.

And from your mouth to god's ears. Pretty please God!!

Hi guys, this is probably something I should know already...but does anybody know how the acceptance process works...somebody told me that they think you can accept as many schools as you want as long as you give them the deposit to hold your place...and that you can hold it until may...this seems too good to be true...somebody please explain!!

thanks!!!

gosh 2 more days I couldn't wait for it to come for the past month, but now I really don't want to know anymore and wish we could extend the wait period :(

I really hope all of you on here do as well as you wanted to, myself included :)

I don't even want to think about the test anymore. The more I think about the worse I think I did on almost everything. I'm honestly expecting 27-30, and praying to god I don't go below that.

I don't even want to think about the test anymore. The more I think about the worse I think I did on almost everything. I'm honestly expecting 27-30, and praying to god I don't go below that.

I feel exactly the same way right now, the exact scores and everything. The more I actually think about it right now the worse I think it is. I definitely did worse on the bio than the first time, I was soo tired by the bio section and just wanted it to be over : /

Hey it's my good buddy ezsanche! ;) I know what you mean. I have this horrible knot in my stomach everytime I think of the test. And as the day nears, I'm compulsively checking this forum because I know there's nothing on the thx score report yet.

And from your mouth to god's ears. Pretty please God!!

Yeah I'm so nervous. Thinking about it makes my stomach turn and makes me feel like I'm gonna throw up....Man......Good luck everyone.

I feel exactly the same way right now, the exact scores and everything. The more I actually think about it right now the worse I think it is. I definitely did worse on the bio than the first time, I was soo tired by the bio section and just wanted it to be over : /

Yes, I am really worried about Bio. But honestly, it looks like a lot of the test takers at 8am had difficulty with it as well. Hopefully there's a generous curve... Good luck everyone.

Yes, I am really worried about Bio. But honestly, it looks like a lot of the test takers at 8am had difficulty with it as well. Hopefully there's a generous curve... Good luck everyone.

that is music to my ears

I have 3 exams on Wednesday... should i look at the score on Tuesday or not? if its bad, i'm goin to be depressed and not be focused for the tests but if i dont look, i'm goin to be thinking about the whole time....jeez this sucks...

I have 3 exams on Wednesday... should i look at the score on Tuesday or not? if its bad, i'm goin to be depressed and not be focused for the tests but if i dont look, i'm goin to be thinking about the whole time....jeez this sucks...

That's a tough decision, but I think I personally would check my score so that I could stop thinking about whether it is good or not.

Does anyone have any reason to believe that they would post our scores a day early? :xf:

I'm already sick of refreshing that page :( lets hope scores turn out to be good afterall

I just know somewhere there's a computer that has all of our scores already on it... no way do they really need two more days. They're just waiting to release them because they don't want to do it early.

Does anyone have any reason to believe that they would post our scores a day early? :xf:

sorry probably not so don't do what I did on July 21st/22nd and waste all day checking...they were out at 9:45 pm on the day they were supposed to be out for the june18 exam :(

can somebody plz answer my above post about acceptances

cant believe it is almost here. ive been praying for all of us to score as well as we all have dreamed of. ive been putting a lot of weight on tomorrow and kinda not wanting it to come, but i now realize it is just another tuesday.
but, 'just another tuesday' has the possibility of being the 'start of my life' so I CANT WAIT! ( such a drama queen!)

good luck to all~
i hope we never have to see that test ever again

It has happened before. I'm sure someone on SDN will find out and tell us. just stayed tuned i guess

Our scores (the 7/2/09 kids) were posted a day early. I dunno how often it happens, something like two-three times a year I believe but this could be very wrong.

Good luck you guys!

Our scores (the 7/2/09 kids) were posted a day early. I dunno how often it happens, something like two-three times a year I believe but this could be very wrong.

Good luck you guys!
bcgans is right. I took it on 7/2 (8am only) and our scores were scheduled for 8/4 but came out on 8/3. I doubt that's going to happen this time. By the way did you re-take the 8/21 test and if so what time? I re-took it at the 2pm exam because my score last time was too low.

For anybody else who took the 2pm exam, how did you feel about the bio section? Either it was super hard or I ran out of gas or both but I really struggled with that section this time around. I pray I don't score less than a 10 on that section.

For anybody else who took the 2pm exam, how did you feel about the bio section? Either it was super hard or I ran out of gas or both but I really struggled with that section this time around. I pray I don't score less than a 10 on that section.

Agree..the worst part is that I thought it was a pretty easy bio section but I just could not concentrate I was sooooo tired even though I had taken like all the practices and was never that annoyed (maybe that's why)...it was so bad that I basically bsed the second essay..and I had to pee really bad..and I just wanted it to be over and don't think I did my best at all----which sucks since this is the section that saved me the first time and that I needed to do well in again otherwise the retake (and thus applying a month and ahalf later) is completely pointless :(

I remember struggling with many of the discretes. The questions displayed a chemical structure and asked something about mass-spec, boiling point or melting point, or where or it might least likely be found in the cell.