The official 08/25/2009 mcat club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pakipremed786

talks to birds
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello?

Members don't see this ad.

I hear ya sv3, some of those VR passages were unreal. It didn't help I answered them in order with the Irish play being first ... ugh!
What did you think about BS, btw? I'm grateful I didn't have the infamous Iron and Bacteria passage. I was expecting less organic, though. Haha, i recall a random UV spec question that caught me off-guard.

Yes I started with the irish one, and i think the oil painting might have been third. I mean i didn't even have a chance to mount a comeback after the irish passage with the oil painting one waiting so close. To make matters worse, the politics passage was last, and i had to blindly guess on 3 of those questions since i was out of time - if i had time that woulda been my best passage easily. Those two passages were real killers though....and the questions didn't make up for the difficulty....they added to it!

I don't think i had the iron and bacteria passage. I think I had siDNA, alzehemiers, Werners, two organics, and i dont recall the other two.

Now that i think of the whole thing, it is harder than i originally thought. I just remember not being devastated after the sciences like VR so i guess i initally thought the other sections were easier. Not so happy about remembering them now haha.........damn

Well to be honest, I DON"T know how I did. Because I didn't sleep before the exam. SO I was quite literally in that state where like nothing is real. You just walk around... you just do... YOu know that "no sleep" feeling. So i honestly don't think it affected my sciences. But that verbal was just so hard, such a crapshoot. I could hit as low as the 4s i hit when i started. anywhere up to 12 MAX. my AAMC average was 38... so im pretty sure im gonna hit around 32-33 though. Thats just the way it felt. You're right though. If I hit 37 I'll be so happy I'll let you smack me around in person. Well, not really, but I'll buy everyone who posted in this thread, who can come to NY free drinks lol

come on man. You know you get way to anxious about this stuff with no reason really. Plus you asked me why i didnt void and in the same message talked about how you shouldn't have taken it.........you had to know you'd get called out on that.

Let's make a deal: you score 3 pts less than your AAMC avg and you can make a thread about how I'm an idiot and i will only agree - heck i'd start the thread. And if you score within 2 or do better, you make a thread apologizing for being a dolt........what do you say?

Btw, I know you're not the only one who does this. But you just happen to be the one to reply to my post.....

Just to be clear, making threads about another user is a huge no-no. Bet something else if you must argue like is. But keep it civil, please and thank you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well to be honest, I DON"T know how I did. Because I didn't sleep before the exam. SO I was quite literally in that state where like nothing is real. You just walk around... you just do... YOu know that "no sleep" feeling. So i honestly don't think it affected my sciences. But that verbal was just so hard, such a crapshoot. I could hit as low as the 4s i hit when i started. anywhere up to 12 MAX. my AAMC average was 38... so im pretty sure im gonna hit around 32-33 though. Thats just the way it felt. You're right though. If I hit 37 I'll be so happy I'll let you smack me around in person. Well, not really, but I'll buy everyone who posted in this thread, who can come to NY free drinks lol
OMG...I hope you get a 37 so you can get me the drinks. I live in NYC.

First of all, I didnt void cause it was my first attempt and i dont see a reason to void unless you didnt finish a section. I wanted a baseline MCAT score. I did fine I think on 3/4 sections as well. Also, unlike you, i did get some sleep. A better question would be why didn't you void considering your whining.

Secondly, from what i recall, i remember you saying something like your practice scores were 35+ or even much higher. So stop being one of those whiny people who end up killing it regardless. I don't beleive I'm the first person to tell you this. I mean listen to you, your begging for a 10 on verbal and that's cause you think you did badly. For some people, a 10 would be a dream come true. You should watch what you say on these forums - well if you have some class you should.
Jeezz...thats a real swipe on someones face.

Yea, I doubt either of us wanna start trouble... and i really don't care that much lol... so to change the subject...

how about september 29th everybody.. yea... (*looks around with awkward smile pulling on collar*)

Yea, I doubt either of us wanna start trouble... and i really don't care that much lol... so to change the subject...

how about september 29th everybody.. yea... (*looks around with awkward smile pulling on collar*)
I dont know about you or everybody else...but the extra 4 days we get before getting our scores back is really ticking me off. For some reason...its getting under my very thick skin. I dont get it at all.

I am not going to check my results until the 2nd of October. I will show them that I am in control of the situation. Period.

Wow..just writing that makes me feel sooooo much better...

Just to be clear, making threads about another user is a huge no-no. Bet something else if you must argue like is. But keep it civil, please and thank you.

Loud and clear, over and out!

and i thought studying for the MCAT made me crazy........perhaps it was keeping me sane?

Jeezz...thats a real swipe on someones face.

Indeed it was. If you must cry because you thought you scored a low-mid 30, i believe a swipe is in order. That's why some things are meant to stay on the "inside". Nevertheless, this ends now - I don't wanna be on a watch list or tick ksmi off.....she seems ro run tings round hurr.

Sometimes I feel that some people in here post fake scores just for self aggrandizement. Everyone in here gets 41 and above anything below that, they start bitching/whining. Its like someone whining for getting an A instead of an A+ in a class.

Sometimes I feel that some people in here post fake scores just for self aggrandizement. Everyone in here gets 41 and above anything below that, they start bitching/whining. Its like someone whining for getting an A instead of an A+ in a class.

that was my point exactly. If you get a mid 30 and whine, someone should call you out. But then again, it's unfortunately very common to know people who are like "Oh my god, i failed, i totally failed, life is over, i'm no longer a perfect human being, how will i live....wait? what? Oh, well i guess 95% isn't that bad......perhaps i won't hurt myself......"

but alas.....the online world isn't that different from the real one

that was my point exactly. If you get a mid 30 and whine, someone should call you out. But then again, it's unfortunately very common to know people who are like "Oh my god, i failed, i totally failed, life is over, i'm no longer a perfect human being, how will i live....wait? what? Oh, well i guess 95% isn't that bad......perhaps i won't hurt myself......"

but alas.....the online world isn't that different from the real one

OK...who do you think YOU are? If you get a mid 30 and whine, WHY does anyone should call you out?. Some people are more perfectionist and obsessive compulsive than others and just because they want to get a 45 and are not happy with a 38, that does not make them evil nor WORSE human beings than you and me.

Stop being so critical. Right now, you were just whining as much yourself.

Members don't see this ad :)

I would interpret your feelings as a sign of your own insecurity. If some people have such issues like the need to post fake scores here just for self aggrandizement, they are really pathetic. Eventhough I am very much a cynic, I think that to go through life always questioning other people's honesty and intentions for no apparent reason, seems to be very pathetic as well.

People have the right to be upset about scoring in the 99.2nd percentile rather than the 99.8th percentile.

Conversely, people who admire humility have the right to think those people are tools.

OK...who do you think YOU are? If you get a mid 30 and whine, WHY does anyone should call you out?. Some people are more perfectionist and obsessive compulsive than others and just because they want to get a 45 and are not happy with a 38, that does not make them evil nor WORSE human beings than you and me.

Stop being so critical. Right now, you were just whining as much yourself.

you're a little late to the show and when insulting someone, at least have somewhat decent grammer. Also, I don't think being obessive compulsive is a good thing....it is a medical disorder afterall.

People have the right to be upset about scoring in the 99.2nd percentile rather than the 99.8th percentile.

Conversely, people who admire humility have the right to think those people are tools.

FINALLY, a smart answer... perfectly stated. I have my right to be upset as do others... Therefore in the eyes of some, I am a tool. But I'm not a tool to those in the same position as me. So its a point of view issue really. I especially admire the use of the word "THINK", implying nobody has to go online and complain that they think the complainer is a tool. Cause then we're ALL just a bunch of complainers complaining about complaining complainers :laugh:

I think it's legitimate to complain about a mid 30s score. For some people, that effectively takes them out of the running at their desired schools.

I think it's legitimate to complain about a mid 30s score. For some people, that effectively takes them out of the running at their desired schools.

i don't know if its legit to complain about your score. You get the score you deserve. you write a test, you perform at a certain level, and you get scored accordingly. What you did before the test and after doesn't matter. It's just those 5 hours that you are graded on. What's to complain about? It's all in our own hands - for better or worse. Look in a mirror and whine is all i'm saying but if these boards are here for people to complain, so be it.

you're a little late to the show and when insulting someone, at least have somewhat decent grammer. Also, I don't think being obessive compulsive is a good thing....it is a medical disorder afterall.

Because this is a medically related forum after all, I should point out to you that OCD is a medical condition; however being somewhat of an obsessive compulsive individual refers to a personality trait..... and there is nothing wrong with that at all.

And ... I am never late to the show. I enter when I f****** feel like it, which is very different.

Because this is a medically related forum after all, I should point out to you that OCD is a medical condition; however being somewhat of an obsessive compulsive individual refers to a personality trait..... and there is nothing wrong with that at all.

And ... I am never late to the show. I enter when I f****** feel like it, which is very different.

I guess that's settled then, you must be the man if you can post whenever you please. Thank god for the internet eh?

I know this is now silly, but what the heck, you started it. It is grammar not grammer and it is also after all, not afterall.

All you need is :love:
All you need is :love:
All you need is :love:, :love:
:love: is all you need.....

I had a weird dream last night. Everyone got their scores except me. In the dream, I argued alot with AAMC. It was agonizing

Did anyone get a colored scratch paper during their test? I got a yellow paper and some other people got pink scratch papers. Why dont AAMC give out plain white stratch papers and a pen? I dont understand the colored paper and pencil thing.

Yes - I had yellow scratch paper. I think they use colored paper so that they can tell if you bring in outside notes. If they use colored paper and they see you with white paper, they'll know it's not the permitted scratch paper (and presumably it would be difficult to correctly guess what color scratch paper the center uses in order to get around that).

I got a yellow paper. I hate pink so thank goodness that I wasnt given a pink scratch paper to write the most important test of my life.

I got a yellow paper. I hate pink so thank goodness that I wasnt given a pink scratch paper to write the most important test of my life.

It may not be the moooost important test, but definitely the most unclear for how important it is. By this I mean most tests are "We will test you on this, so know everything about this" while the MCAT is more "We, the almighty AAMC, MAY or MAY NOT test you on all of these topics herein, including other unlisted topics, while throwing said topics into random historical experiments all in an effort to throw off your game!".

I'm impatient to see the 45T beside my name.

Dude, if you got a 45T.... I would get down on my knees in front of you and......
tie your shoes...

no but seriously, anyone who gets that... should just stop worrying about anything, including his GPA or research and just get hammered every not from now on lol

Dude, if you got a 45T.... I would get down on my knees in front of you and......
tie your shoes...

no but seriously, anyone who gets that... should just stop worrying about anything, including his GPA or research and just get hammered every not from now on lol

That's not how my mind completed the thought.:rolleyes:

Edit: This was before I looked you up and saw you were a male :)

Only a few more days left before our scores are reported. How are you chilling out beforehand?

I just ate an entire bag of smart-puffs....:xf::scared:

heres my official prediction

PS: 8 (+/- 1)

Verbal: 9 (+/- 1)

Bio: 12 (+/- 1)

Preying for 30, but expecting a 29.

heres my official prediction

PS: 8 (+/- 1)

Verbal: 9 (+/- 1)

Bio: 12 (+/- 1)

Preying for 30, but expecting a 29.

My self-prediction:

PS: 8 (+/- 7)
Verbal: 8 (+/- 7)
BS: 8 (+/- 7)

Praying for a 45, but expecting a 23 (+/- 22)

you spelled grammar wrong.

My self-prediction:

PS: 8 (+/- 7)
Verbal: 8 (+/- 7)
BS: 8 (+/- 7)

Praying for a 45, but expecting a 23 (+/- 22)

Yea, I'd say the chances of that happening is probably 100 (+/- 0) %
... so its probably a good prediction :rolleyes:

I feel the same way as that for my verbal at least... I have SOME hope I did alright in the sciences.

ugh, I've had 2 panicky dreams in the past week about getting my score... lol, the next week's going to be fun T_T