The official 08/25/2009 mcat club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pakipremed786

talks to birds
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello?

Members don't see this ad.

This waiting sucks. All my apps are complete and just waiting for this score. I think it could go either way. Im hoping for at least a 30, but I think I got anywhere from 24-32 (with luck) lol. If I get below 27 Im going to withdraw from this cylce but keep my caribbean apps out. Ahhh..we shall see lol....

This waiting sucks. All my apps are complete and just waiting for this score. I think it could go either way. Im hoping for at least a 30, but I think I got anywhere from 24-32 (with luck) lol. If I get below 27 Im going to withdraw from this cylce but keep my caribbean apps out. Ahhh..we shall see lol....
You are such a smartie.

Members don't see this ad :)
Its the worst thing...waiting for this thing. I wish I could just pretend I never took it...its like at the back of your mind all the time. The only thing that calms me down is that...its really out of your control and that whatever you're gonna get is what it is...thinking about it, worrying about it isn't gonna increase or decrease your score...so we should all just chill =)

Its the worst thing...waiting for this thing. I wish I could just pretend I never took it...its like at the back of your mind all the time. The only thing that calms me down is that...its really out of your control and that whatever you're gonna get is what it is...thinking about it, worrying about it isn't gonna increase or decrease your score...so we should all just chill =)

Then the waiting game will arrive again, when we have to look forward to rejections and invitations! So really this waiting game looks like it's going to be an on going process until you receive a acceptance letter! Then you can go about your normal life, but the next 6 months are going to suck! MCAT release dates are just the beginning.

Though we'll never know for sure, here's to hoping that the scale/curve on our test will be somewhat generous. On PS, there definitely were a few rough passages plus some of the discretes were harder or more calculation-heavy than usual. I think most of us found VR fairly difficult/ambiguous. And at this point I can't remember much about BS, but that one bacteria/iron passage by itself should hopefully count for something (and I doubt all 6 qs in that psg were experimental). That was unlike anything I've ever seen and beyond the scope of what practice books cover, IMO, not to mention that weird diagram that came along with it.

It seems like people speculate that the curve on the real deal is usually slightly more generous than AAMC practice tests. Let's hope! Or maybe it's just me rationalizing here...

Members don't see this ad :)
i thought the ps and bs section especially wasn't that bad at all although that is just my opinion...i think we can all agree the verbal was brutal so maybe your right about that one! best of luck to everyone

it makes no sense to speculate about which section was hard and which wasnt.....they give out over 20 different exam forms on a single testing day.

Some of my friends who took it the 25th and most of the people who didn't are all makin' comments like. "OH MAN ITS THE DAAY!!!"...

i'm just like... no... for some reason our date is 4 days MORE than a month...

ugh... Tuesday is gonna be either the greatest or worst day ever...

Some of my friends who took it the 25th and most of the people who didn't are all makin' comments like. "OH MAN ITS THE DAAY!!!"...

i'm just like... no... for some reason our date is 4 days MORE than a month...

ugh... Tuesday is gonna be either the greatest or worst day ever...

I sincerely hope.:cool:

Yeah I just spoke with someone at AAMC and they're sticking to their September 29 story. Phew this is gonna be a long weekend.

Yeah I just spoke with someone at AAMC and they're sticking to their September 29 story. Phew this is gonna be a long weekend.

Ways to spend the weekend:

1. Drinking - You won't get much of that in while you're in med school. And despite all your worrying, it's more likely than not that most of you will get into a medical school.
  2. Movies - Great option when drunk, it's what I did the day before the MCAT (I double featured it). Distract yourself.
  3. Iran - They almost have nukes. Do a little research in nuclear technology and if you're anything like me, you'll just get sucked in and all of a sudden it'll be monday.
  4. Healthcare Crisis - Oh yeah, just follow a blog about the finance committee hearings. Boring yet somehow riveting at the same time.

Remember, there is no spoon.;)

5. brainstorm (excuse me, this is a technically politically incorrect term, we're supposed to use an alternative such as: "thought showers") careers that are entirely unrelated to medicine that are viable options. Im thinking of becoming a handreader.

5. brainstorm (excuse me, this is a technically politically incorrect term, we're supposed to use an alternative such as: "thought showers") careers that are entirely unrelated to medicine that are viable options. Im thinking of becoming a handreader.

I've been considering cartographer, perhaps even a public defenestrator.

are you ready for some football!!!!!! Thank god for football sunday just one more thing we can do to clear our minds before Tuesday! Go patriots!!!!!!

I think I overheard someone saying that some scores might be released a day early. You think our scores will be released tomorrow? I know it doesnt make much difference, but it would be nice.

Last edited:
I think I overheard someone saying that some scores might be released a day early. You think our scores will be released tomorrow? I know it doesnt make much difference, but it would be nice.

Pigs can fly, everyone's getting a 40, we're getting full ride to Dartmouth, spam is good for you. :smuggrin:

I wanted to wish a hearty good luck to all for tomorrow or the next. I have been meaning to stop on by here to post something, but this past month has been among the craziest of my life. And I've had a relatively longer life than most here.

Here's hoping the majority of us get the scores we're hoping for!

Cheers!

Ways to spend the weekend:

1. Drinking - You won't get much of that in while you're in med school. And despite all your worrying, it's more likely than not that most of you will get into a medical school.
  2. Iran - They almost have nukes. Do a little research in nuclear technology and if you're anything like me, you'll just get sucked in and all of a sudden it'll be monday.
  3. Healthcare Crisis - Oh yeah, just follow a blog about the finance committee hearings. Boring yet somehow riveting at the same time.

Remember, there is no spoon.;)

LMAO

Seriously, I found all of this to be so true in my situation. I have been wasting the weekend simply because Tuesday is so important it feels like nothing else matters. I bought some expensive alcohol to celebrate, or do the contrary, but I have been so anxious I'm losing sleep over this. Stupid, I know, but that is the point I am at.

I already had a dream that I didn't do well! Tired of waiting!!!! :(

YES ME TO!!!!! lol and the funny thing was that my score appeared while I was playing xbox360 during my dream!!! and the score was a 23 :( that was a nightmare lol, I woke up so happy it was to!

YES ME TO!!!!! lol and the funny thing was that my score appeared while I was playing xbox360 during my dream!!! and the score was a 23 :( that was a nightmare lol, I woke up so happy it was to!

I really had a hard time on the verbal section and in my dream I got a 04 in the verbal!!!!! God please don't let that be true!!!!!! I wish the scores were out already, I'm feeling sick to my stomach! :barf:

I dreamt I scored a 54, but (in the dream) I knew that the score was way too low to get into any school I wanted so I knew I was going to have to retake.

Weird.

In my MCAT dream the website would display a really high score, so I would be really excited. Then additional text would appear saying that this was the average score, then a really bad score would appear below - which was my score.

In my MCAT dream the website would display a really high score, so I would be really excited. Then additional text would appear saying that this was the average score, then a really bad score would appear below - which was my score.

Well, this was my dream: My first score was a 38 so I was excited, I had an 18 in the PS section! lol Had a 4 in the verbal, but then the 38 went down to a 19. The numbers of each section kept changing, just like the slots in a slot machine, it was sooo freakin' weird! I felt like I was on a roller coaster, I was so mad when I woke up! :( I'm at work and I can't even concentrate, is it possible that the scores come out today?

Well, this was my dream: My first score was a 38 so I was excited, I had an 18 in the PS section! lol Had a 4 in the verbal, but then the 38 went down to a 19. The numbers of each section kept changing, just like the slots in a slot machine, it was sooo freakin' weird! I felt like I was on a roller coaster, I was so mad when I woke up! :( I'm at work and I can't even concentrate, is it possible that the scores come out today?

SAME HERE, my scores kept jumping from 22-23-24 and it was showing up on while on xbox360 live lol, this is to funny. I really wish everyone luck on thier MCAT's, I know if you guys were anything like me you took your whole summer to study for it! Lets all hope the summer sacrifice was well worth it :D

SAME HERE, my scores kept jumping from 22-23-24 and it was showing up on while on xbox360 live lol, this is to funny. I really wish everyone luck on thier MCAT's, I know if you guys were anything like me you took your whole summer to study for it! Lets all hope the summer sacrifice was well worth it :D

Haha...it really is funny. I also spent my whole summer studying and we'll soon see how well we did. I wish you and everybody the best of luck! :D

My mom just called me to tell me that the scores were out and that the daughter of a friend got a 24. Then she went on to tell me not to feel "bad about my grade" and asked
"why was I hiding it from her if they were already out"

I had to go into the explanation about how that girl probably took AN EARLIER EXAM and to chill....She felt horrible and told me that I could go by her job and pick some money if I needed any.... :)

I am going to need A LOT

...She felt horrible and told me that I could go by her job and pick some money if I needed any.... :)

I am going to need A LOT

Can I have some? At least enough to recoup my Princeton Review tuition, MCAT fee, and Exam Krackers books.

Ugh...I'm freaking out! Ohkay...if this doesn't turn out great, screw it...retake imminent January 28/29...then go for the kill!!!

But then again...gotta go through tons of practice and studying...HELP!!!

Tomorrow's the big day. Good luck, everybody. Last night I got a reoccurring dream where I got a 24 on my MCAT. I was in a panicked state the entire night.

I think it's usually after 5 PM EST (which is basically now), but it can be earlier or later - sometimes people have gotten them at 8 or 9. Good luck everyone, definitely feeling some nerves!

From an earlier post, there might be more updated info now:

The first column is the MCAT test date. The second column is the actual score release date and time. The last column is the 'tentative release date' posted by the AAMC. Where scores were released one day early (as far as I can tell), I've indicated that to the far right.

1/30/09: 3/03/09 5:08 PM Est 3/03/09
1/31/09: 3/03/09 5:18 PM Est 3/03/09
3/28/09: 4/28/09 2:53 PM Est 4/29/09 (one day early)
4/04/09: 5/04/09 2:36 PM Est 5/5/09 (one day early)
4/18/09: 5/19/09 11:31 AM Est 5/19/09
4/24/09: 5/26/09 3:35 PM Est 5/26/09

4/05/08 5/05/08 10:20 Am Est 5/06/08 (one day early)
4/18/08 5/19/08 4:40 Pm Est 5/20/08 (one day early)
4/19/08 5/19/08 4:44 Pm Est 5/20/08 (one day early)
5/10/08 6/09/08 3:37 Pm Est 6/10/08 (one day early)
5/23/08 6/23/08 3:23 Pm Est 6/24/08 (one day early)
5/27/08 6/26/08 3:09 Pm Est 6/26/08
5/31/08 6/30/08 5:01 Pm Est 7/01/08 (one day early)
6/13/08 7/14/08 5:05 Pm Est 7/15/08 (one day early)
7/18/08 8/18/08 3:42 Pm Est 8/19/08 (one day early)

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=8233726&postcount=1161

I have a chem exam tomorrow, this is not going to help me. Well they have very rarely posted scores after 5 pm it seems, so we are getting them tomorrow I think!