The Official 4/17/2010 MCAT Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorDude

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else here taking the MCAT in April? I really really only want to face this beast once, but I figure it will still give me some time to retake the exam in the summer just in case. :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I will be in class tomorrow when the scores come out >.< I might cry or I may be super stoked. either way i wont be able to listen to the lecture at all lol

I was just browsing some threads from last year and they got their scores at 9:00 pm the day of scheduled release.

The first time I took my MCAT (2008) I got my score around 1300 Lisbon time, so morning on the east coast. Who knows when it'll get up. Have something to do tomorrow, and when you pack it in for the day, have a stiff drink and look. Don't spend all day hitting 'refresh'.

I'll be on the beach tomorrow when the scores come out. The sad part is that I will probably run off and check THx on my phone every 30 minutes or so.

Members don't see this ad :)
It might not be that long of a day... This isnt my first time waiting for scores but last year I remember the scores being released some time between 10-11 am Central.

Ok looking back at the last two "Official **/**/**** MCAT" threads, were looking at around 1:35 central. And to everyone who's waiting on their first MCAT scores, this is my 4th time taking this evil exam. I think the main difference between my past scores and the score I'm waiting on will be taking a prep course. If I have any advice.... TAKE A PREP COURSE! Its expensive but ultimately seemed worth it. In a few hours I'll be able to fully know my prep course's effect on my MCAT... and my advice may change drastically.

yeah, being 5 hours ahead of ET isn't helping. i'm doing whatever i can to avoid staying in my room, which means frisbee and going out to dinner instead of studying.

This is the first day that I've started to check for my score and I'm getting kinda paranoid lol.... Last night was also the first night I couldn't really sleep that well b/c of thinking about my score. Today sucks even more because I don't have to work, don't have finals to study for, don't really have anything to do haha. I must say I do feel bad for those of you still taking finals -- I've been done for almost two weeks.

Honestly, though, I'm preparing for the worst just in case. I've got my mcat books on my desk already to get myself back in studying mode (Oh how I would love to burn them!!! :laugh: ).

If you're reading this AAMC, please just give me a 30+. Is that too much to ask for? lol

Scores are up. Didn't do as well as I expected ... now I have a huge decision ahead of me. Osteopathic or retake the exam.

After 4 attempts (or 5 if you count the paper test I took back in 2007 that I had to void) I am officially done with the MCAT forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

P 14
V 10
B 11

35Q!!!

I will praise the Kaplan online advanced course to anyone who will hear me!

After 4 attempts (or 5 if you count the paper test I took back in 2007 that I had to void) I am officially done with the MCAT forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

P 14
V 10
B 11

35Q!!!

Congrats on the great score! What were your previous scores, if you don't mind my asking?

P 14
V 10
B 11

35Q!!!

I need some advice. Here's my situation;

I studied for 2 months (read lectures, took notes), and did practice tests for the last month (along with reviewing my notes).

On average, my AAMC was PS was 10-11 (with one 12), VR was 10-11 (with two 9's), and BS was 10-11 (with one 12). I am utterly shocked that I didn't get a 10 or above on VR or PS. Here were my scores;

PS: 8 VR: 8 BS: 10 WS: Q

I'm utterly confused at these results. I expected to have at least a 10 on VR and PS, with lower results on BS (I thought this section was much harder than practice). I feel destroyed. Yet, allopathic/osteopathic medicine does not make a difference to me. IMO, both teach you medicine, and both are a means to reach my dreams.

What to do what to do ... I'm only familiar with scores for MD schools. I have a lot of research to do, and I have a big decision ahead of me. Give me your input, guys.

OMFGOMFOMGOFMOGMFOM 40P

i knew i messed up thw riting
but 40
OMFG
OMFG

my average on the aamx was 38, so 40!!!hfdJdahgFAHGJFHOMFG 40!!!

wtf got an X for the writing portion!! can anyone PM me the writing prompts for the april 17th exam if they remember it, pleaseeeeeee?? I would really appreciate it. I am pretty sure i did both of them. it took me the whole 5 hours to finish it all!!!

What the crap! I got an X on my writing sample. How is that possible? I submitted both sections and I submitted them in english. How could I have received an X?
You too huh? I submitted a problem request but they are going to make me wait 1-2 days. Dammit!

What the crap! I got an X on my writing sample. How is that possible? I submitted both sections and I submitted them in english. How could I have received an X?
You too huh? I submitted a problem request but they are going to make me wait 1-2 days. Dammit!

same here!!! i think their server might be down! ahhh but im sooo pissed :mad:

I had the same problem. The MCAT score system is under maintenance right now. Maybe that means something?

Scores are up. Didn't do as well as I expected ... now I have a huge decision ahead of me. Osteopathic or retake the exam.

I'm in the same boat.
My AAMC averages:
PS - 11.29
VR - 9
BS - 10.57
Total - 30.86

My prediction:
PS - 11
VR - 10
BS - 10
Total - 31

Real Deal
PS - 11
VR - 7
BS - 11
WS - M
Total - 29M

My feelings about the test: PS felt like usual. VR felt easy besides the caves passage, BS fealt harder than normal. I left the testing center feeling pretty nervous because of BS. Turns out I did just fine in BS.

Suprises: BS went better than expected. Verbal SUCKED. I though I did well on it. I am pretty shocked by the verbal score. Also, my writing sample is terrible too. I don't consider myself a strong writer but definetly at least average.

So I am sitting here debating a retake. All along my goal has been to become a primary care physician so DO or MD would suit me well. This makes me feel like I don't necessarily need a retake since this score should be fine for DO schools. I meet with my advisor tomorrow, maybe he can offer me some guidance.

I hope you all got the scores you desired!

It's a little comforting to know that the "X" writing score happened to several of you too. The problem must be on their end. :(

I have an X also. On hold

Edit::: They're having technical issues. Writing scores will be re-posted.

Last edited:
I have an X also. On hold

Haha, me too, I think they must be inundated with calls right now.

On the Thx website they have

The MCAT Testing History (THx) System is currently in maintenance.

Please check back later.

Thank you for your patientence.

"patientence" Looks like they put that up in a rush.

I got an X as well. Just got off of the phone with AAMC, and they said that it was a glitch that happened to thousands, and it will be reposted in a couple of days. What a relief

I need some advice. Here's my situation;

I studied for 2 months (read lectures, took notes), and did practice tests for the last month (along with reviewing my notes).

On average, my AAMC was PS was 10-11 (with one 12), VR was 10-11 (with two 9's), and BS was 10-11 (with one 12). I am utterly shocked that I didn't get a 10 or above on VR or PS. Here were my scores;

PS: 8 VR: 8 BS: 10 WS: Q

I'm utterly confused at these results. I expected to have at least a 10 on VR and PS, with lower results on BS (I thought this section was much harder than practice). I feel destroyed. Yet, allopathic/osteopathic medicine does not make a difference to me. IMO, both teach you medicine, and both are a means to reach my dreams.

What to do what to do ... I'm only familiar with scores for MD schools. I have a lot of research to do, and I have a big decision ahead of me. Give me your input, guys.

U won't consider Caribbean schools?

Hey guys first post on this thread but I've been monitoring for a while and nervous for three weeks yikes.

I want to say if you did aamc tests and approached the real one as if it were just another practice even though the real one may be harder, you will score your average plus minus one point.

Here's the result

Aamc avg :
PS: 11
VR: 11
BS: 11
WS: Never practiced

Test day :
Ps: 12
VR: 10
BS: 11
WS: Q

Last edited:
VR = 11
PS = 8
BS = 8

Writing = X

Total = 27

And I was hoping I would be one and done. Time to man up and study for real for the next one. Looks like I'm going to the tips thread lol

I agree. I felt like crap after the test, but am happy now.

AAMC Averages:
PS: 10.33
VR : 10.33
BS: 11.55

Actual Test
PS: 11
VR: 10
BS: 12

Just can't wait to see what I really got on the WS. Freaking X, just about gave me a heart attack.

I never used the "save" button on any of my practice tests, and didn't on the MCAT. I just hit submit when I was done with the essay. Do you need to hit save?

I would say the average AAMC test scores are pretty accurate.
AAMC
PS 11 12-best
VR 12 13-best
BS 11 12-best
avg 34 37-best
Actual
PS 10
VR 12
BS 12
34X
I have been freaking out about the X, initially I decided it was there fault, but the doubt started to creep in that I might have to retake for the stupid writing section. Overall I am content with the score, I think more time to study would have helped. Taking the test during the semester/ during track season was pretty darn stressful. hopefully I will get an O or P on the writing and be done with it.