The Official 7/16/2010 MCAT club!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yips

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who else is taking the MCAT on July 16th 8 AM?

Members don't see this ad.

PS:13 VR:9 BS:15 ; 37R, I was expecting to score better then 30, and estimated my score around a 34 during the month long wait. The only section i wasn't worried about was verbal. My highest score was a 14/8/14, my average was 35ish +-.20; I had never practiced a timed and complete writing section, although i always mentally thought of a topic I would right about, so i was surprised with the R, and also because I rarely write. I'm disappointed with the verbal, but I understand that this score is good.

Man, with those other two numbers, the VR score totally rounds up to a solid 10 in the mind of a sane person.

i'm really kicking myself for only giving myself time for one shot at this exam... i'd kill for another shot this cycle. i scored 2 pts lower than my lowest score on any practice exam, 5 pts lower than aamc 7-10. feel like total pewp

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone have advice on how i can improve my verbal score? I'm getting 7's and 8's but need that 10+.

what's everyone else doing that they find helped them improve? Right now I'm doing 2-3 passages a day as a warm up. then in 2-3weeks I'm going to be doing timed sections on verbal. I'm using EK 101 passages as well as kaplan. any other suggestiosn??

hey does anyone have any good advice for increasing their verbal score. right now im stuck at 6-8 range and I need 10+. i'm doing 2-3 passages a day and later on ill be taking timed practice sections. im working with EK 101, and kaplan.

does anyone else have better advice from their own personal experience? thanks!

also, does anyone know which practice exams most closely represent the actual mcats? Kaplan? AAMCS? Barrons?

this is the 2010 thread, but there is a 7/16/2011 thread too. lol this confused me too.

From what i hear, Berk, Kaplan, and TBR practice exams are pretty good.
AAMC is always the best.

and verbal, try to pretend you're the critic when reading the passage, like why would someone begin a sentence like that and why would the author put these key points in this format and stuff, and try harsher conditions.

good luck :]

Woops, this was last years thread. Moderators should probably lock this to avoid confusion.