The Official 8/13/10 MCAT Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TKYL

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I didn't see a post for 8/13 mcat date, so decided to create one. Anyone taking on this day? I hope everyone studying is going well. Good luck :)

Members don't see this ad.

D

deleted74029

It wouldn't make a difference. People are only scored against other people who took the same test. As long as we assume that people follow a regular y=mx+b graph when responding to a level of difficulty, then we are likely going to end up with similar scores to them. Which means similar scores to any MCAT testing session.

It makes no difference as a whole, but it does make a difference to the individual. Some people are more comfortable with certain material over another type, thus they would do well if topics were tested on that they do better with.

If you took every single MCAT administration you wouldn't get the same score every time, regardless of how they curve.

godsdoc2b

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Best wishes tomorrow my fellow Future docs! Praying that you are all satisfied with the score that you have earned!

Rest well tonight and don't worry...and our scores will be uploaded before we know it!:cool:

Prateek

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Best wishes tomorrow my fellow Future docs! Praying that you are all satisfied with the score that you have earned!

Rest well tonight and don't worry...and our scores will be uploaded before we know it!:cool:

Can you just take a baseball bat and smash me on the head with it :) and then wake me up tomorrow evening ;)

Members don't see this ad :)

godsdoc2b

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks...gujudoc!!!!!!!!!!!! Praying that you have a superb score as well...and a Super-HIGH Verbal!

Here's hoping that we both end up at my numero uno college of medicine! Would be great to have a classmate like you!

Prateek, would hate for you to get hit with a baseball bat on the head and have a concussion and go into a coma and have missed all of your interview invites and acceptances due to your super MCAT score! So this time I will pass. :laugh: You did great....don't worry...just relax...by tomorrow this time...we should all have our scores...and will be wondering why we were so antsy!

D

deleted74029

I also hope everyone does well. I've been in a zen-like state all day concerning my scores, haven't had much anxiety at all. Whether that continues into tomorrow or not is yet to be seen. I did my best though, and I have no regrets.

Ariela

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys... I am new here.. Been reading all the posts on this site since like forever, but finally decided to become active and start posting..
So I have severe anxiety attacks about the scores tomorrow.. this was my first time, but i shudder to think about preparing for second time around.. I sacrificed my whole summer --not that I am complaining -- and I just really really really really want this whole process to be over !! urgh!
Good Luck to every one else who is in the same boat and won't be able to sleep tonight due to panic attacks! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

dandi

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am getting nervous. This is my second and last time doing this beast. I have only started feeling jittery these last few days, but tonight it is all I can think about. I am already checking to see if they are up b/c last time for me they were posted early. I was not even really expecting a score and bam! their it was. Anyway good luck to all of you and I am glad to know I won't be the only one dreaming of mcat tonight.

ShoaibS15

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am getting nervous. This is my second and last time doing this beast. I have only started feeling jittery these last few days, but tonight it is all I can think about. I am already checking to see if they are up b/c last time for me they were posted early. I was not even really expecting a score and bam! their it was. Anyway good luck to all of you and I am glad to know I won't be the only one dreaming of mcat tonight.
Do you know, by any chance, if they send you an email after scores have posted??? I'd rather take that extra element of surprise out... I don't want to suddenly be smacked in the face with a sub-30 score upon checking on my own... At least if I get an email saying that scores have released, I'll know that I should brace myself! Or I guess I could just check here and see if others have flaunted their scores (serves the same purpose).

godsdoc2b

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you know, by any chance, if they send you an email after scores have posted??? I'd rather take that extra element of surprise out... I don't want to suddenly be smacked in the face with a sub-30 score upon checking on my own... At least if I get an email saying that scores have released, I'll know that I should brace myself! Or I guess I could just check here and see if others have flaunted their scores (serves the same purpose).

They do not send out emails letting you know that the scores are released. You just have to keep checking.

Just woke up from my dream that I had a 29. Hoping that I do score at least that! In my dream, I was a little disappointed and irritated because I wanted @ least a 30 but I am learning that as long as I show significant improvement from my last to MCAT scores that I should be happy. But a 29+ would be icing on the cake though...lol. :D

Well...I can't access SDN from work...but @ least I can access the MCAT THx. I am going to try not to start checking until after 1 p.m. though to keep down the anxiety and stress.

Good luck and Best wishes! Just be proud of yourselves for even sitting for the exam!:luck:

Tin Man

Man o' Tin Extraordinaire
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

I'll post in this thread as soon as I see the scores are released.

ShoaibS15

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll post in this thread as soon as I see the scores are released.
Thank you... I would appreciate that. I took the test on the 12th, not the 13th, but I found that this thread is running much more smoothly. There's an actual support system here!

Tin Man

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you... I would appreciate that. I took the test on the 12th, not the 13th, but I found that this thread is running much more smoothly. There's an actual support system here!

We took our tests on Friday the 13th. We have more of a reason to worry than you do.

:)

Members don't see this ad :)

Tin Man

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll give them a call in the morning and post what I hear if someone else doesn't beat me to it.

Just got off the phone with the MCAT Resource Center. They said that the scores are released electronically and will not be affected by the closing.

crossscreen

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with the MCAT Resource Center. They said that the scores are released electronically and will not be affected by the closing.

Don't suppose they gave any indication as to what time other than the party line of 5pm?

And I'm another 8/12er opting to follow this thread instead.

Tin Man

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Don't suppose they gave any indication as to what time other than the party line of 5pm?

Negatory. Only that the score release would not be affected by the closing of the resource center. I thought it was being a little toolish of me to call in the first place, so I didn't want to push it. ;)

Ariela

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have been at work for the past two hours and the only thing I can think of are these scores.. I cannot do any thing right at work...I havent had any thing to eat yet...My parents are calling me (@ work) every 5 minutes to ask what happened and my hands are shaking uncontrollably!!
CRAP.. what do I do???

startswithb

Future Urologist
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm doing an experiment today...unfortunately there is a lot of down time. Maybe I will do homework. I just feel awful. What is everyone else doing to occupy themselves today??

dysFUNKxional

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm doing an experiment today...unfortunately there is a lot of down time. Maybe I will do homework. I just feel awful. What is everyone else doing to occupy themselves today??

I'm checking this forum every 3 seconds but I don't think that's mentally healthy soooo I'm thinking of going to the movies alone. Nobody is around to keep my mind occupied. Is that a sad thing to do?

selfhealer

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I just thought everyone here would like to know that I just got off the phone with someone at AMCAS and they said that the scores would probably be available around 3:30 EST.

Now please remember that this is just what one guy at AMCAS told me so he could certainly be wrong, but at least we have that for now. Good luck everyone-SH

EDIT:he also confirmed that the scored WOULD be released today and would be unaffected by the "shutting down" of AMCAS today.

Dr Yiot

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i think if we all keep calling and annoying the crap out of them that tey will be forced to release them early. so keep calling!

dan80

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have been at work for the past two hours and the only thing I can think of are these scores.. I cannot do any thing right at work...I havent had any thing to eat yet...My parents are calling me (@ work) every 5 minutes to ask what happened and my hands are shaking uncontrollably!!
CRAP.. what do I do???

I'm just trying to focus on breathing at a normal respiratory rate. I told my boss I would be worthless today. I have to go to physics lab...then work...and the scores will be released sometime between the two. Had I dream I got a 29S....I pray that I am psychic. I'll be happy with a 27.

Ariela

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm just trying to focus on breathing at a normal respiratory rate. I told my boss I would be worthless today. I have to go to physics lab...then work...and the scores will be released sometime between the two. Had I dream I got a 29S....I pray that I am psychic. I'll be happy with a 27.

OMG I also had the same dream... 29S.. I hope I get a 30 though~

ericflem4286

M1
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was telling me wife, I thought I was crazy/insane for worrying as much as I have been the past week. Thank you all for making me feel sane!!! Glad to know that I am not the only one.

This is my second time taking it just hoping for improvement, I have received a couple of interviews with my current score, but I doubt I would get accepted with it. Hopefully, I will show improvement!!!

Last edited:

theMan2012

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
goodluck to all! if history repeats itself we wont be getting our scores until about 1-2 hours after 8/12 so we still have some time!

Jonass00

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
whoohooo, my birthday is aug 12... over the summer I was contemplating taking the mcat on my actual bday or friday the 13th... i said to hell with it, it's either going to be a great self birthday gift or the worst lol :luck:

dandi

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
last year I took the mcat on my b-day. It sucked. I felt terrible after and my husband was leaving to work out of state the next day. My family took me to a mexican restaurant and I burst into tears in the middle of dinner. I hope it goes better for you. This time I had my b-day two days ago and I tested on the 13th, so even the scores didn't affect it too much, but I knew they were coming soon and it was on my mind. good luck

Tin Man

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm just waiting for someone to start an argument about URM's and get this thread locked before the scores come out. :laugh:

selfhealer

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
A few posts up I mentioned that I called AMCAS today and a representative told me that the scores should be available around 3:30 EST.

I was wondering if anyone called and was given the same time.

Im trying to figure out if we should actually expect them at around 3:30 or if that was just one guy throwing out a number.-SH

D

deleted74029

I'm just waiting for someone to start an argument about URM's and get this thread locked before the scores come out. :laugh:

I'll start.

Hey guys guess what I'm black and my scores don't even matter hahahaha!!!! :D:D:D:D

Lol seriously though, this tests stresses this black guy out as much as anyone else.

Tin Man

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll start.

Hey guys guess what I'm black and my scores don't even matter hahahaha!!!! :D:D:D:D

Psh. I'm made of tin. There have more black Scottish cyclops med students than they have the likes of me. I marked A on every other question, skipped the rest, and I'm still going to get into med school.

You're just a poser URM. :D

dysFUNKxional

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just went to see Eat Pray Love alone in an attempt to distract myself. Wouldn't you know I sat there the whole time refreshing this page on my phone. Good thing the theater was empty or I may have been an annoying person to sit next to. I seriously wanna throw up.

premed0205

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone checked yet? I took this test in july but was afraid that I didn't perform well so I took this test without even seeing my scores. I got my score back and received a 32Q (first time taking it). I kind of regret taking it again on the 13th, but it's too late now!

Tin Man

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone checked yet? I took this test in july but was afraid that I didn't perform well so I took this test without even seeing my scores. I got my score back and received a 32Q (first time taking it). I kind of regret taking it again on the 13th, but it's too late now!

As of 3:37PM ET, they still haven't been posted. Expect the 8/12 thread to light up before the 8/13 scores are posted.

selfhealer

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
COME ON AMCAS HOW HARD IS IT TO PRESS SEND!!!!!!!

As I said earlier, they guy on the phone at AMCAS said the scores should be available around 3:30 so if that is the case....it could be any minute.

Then again....that guy coulda been full of shiiiiiit.

selfhealer

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
As of 3:37PM ET, they still haven't been posted. Expect the 8/12 thread to light up before the 8/13 scores are posted.

Why would the 8/12 scores go up first? I mean I get that they took the test a day earlier, but wouldn't AMCAS just post them all at the same time?

Dr Yiot

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
COME ON AMCAS HOW HARD IS IT TO PRESS SEND!!!!!!!

As I said earlier, they guy on the phone at AMCAS said the scores should be available around 3:30 so if that is the case....it could be any minute.

Then again....that guy coulda been full of shiiiiiit.
self healer you have failed us.:laugh:

ilikenoodles

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
im so nervous right now. im shaking. someone posted that scores might be released at 3:30, it wasnt :( this is almost unbearable.

Tin Man

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Why would the 8/12 scores go up first? I mean I get that they took the test a day earlier, but wouldn't AMCAS just post them all at the same time?

Based on what I've heard from past experienced, and the simple fact that even electronically, it may take more than half a second for thousands of MCAT scores to upload to a server. I would expect them to start with the 8/12 people first.

That being said, I don't know for sure. But if there had to be any sort of order, it would make sense for the people who had to wait 31 days to get their scores before the people who had to wait 30 days. :cool:

premed0205

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think because scores from two testing sessions are being posted at once, it is taking them longer. My friend took the test on june 17th, which is when they had two testing sessions and her score wasn't released until 4pm, I think.