The Official 8/15/13 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Roxas

Giggity!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Welcome August 15ers! Thought I'd get this started since anyone doing a 3 month study schedule is going to be starting up soon. Good luck to everyone, and hopefully we can help each other out through this beast!

I just sat for the 4/26 exam which was pretty rough, and I know given the summer to study I can do much better. Let's do this!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm dreading it so much that I'm kind of wishing it would all go away so that I don't have to have that heart-stopping moment of my grades popping up on the screen.:(

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck everyone!

Suggested format for posting scores:

Actual MCAT Score (PS/V/BS):
Predicted MCAT Score (PS/V/BS):
MCAT Prep Materials (Content/Practice Materials and FLs):
AAMC and Other FL Averages:
Comments/Feelings/Tips:

Omg i can't believe it i can't believe it i can't believe it i can't believe it!!!!!!!

39!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 14-p 11-v 14-b

i'm so beyond happy i'm literally crying. Guys hard work really does pay off!! It really really does!

Actual MCAT Score: 9/9/10:28
Predicted: Worse than a 28
AAMC FL: 30.4 AVG
aamc 4: 10 9 8 (27)
aamc 5: 8 11 10 (29)
aamc 7: 10 10 14 (34)
aamc 8: 10 11 10 (31)
aamc 9: 11 9 11 (31)
aamc 10: 10 10 10 (30)
aamc 11: 11 9 11 (31)
Comments: balls. was a point shy of what I wanted in PS and verbal. Not sure what I can do with this MCAT score.

Actual MCAT Score 1/26/13 (PS/V/BS): 7/11/8 (26)
Actual MCAT Score 8/15/13 (PS/V/BS): 10/11/10 (31)
Predicted MCAT Score (PS/V/BS): 10/10/9 (29)
MCAT Prep Materials (Content/Practice Materials and FLs): TPRH, EK 101 VR & EK 1001 series, Kaplan Review books, khan academy, wikipremed, holy shiiiiiiiiiit I didn't fail again!!!!!!!
AAMC and Other FL Averages: AAMC ~30-31 Other ~30
Comments/Feelings/Tips: summer NOT wasted. Hold out hope, put in the hard work, and it will probably pay off.

:clap:

Last edited:
Actual MCAT Score (PS/V/BS): ****!
Predicted MCAT Score (PS/V/BS): WHO GIVES A **** AT THIS POINT!
MCAT Prep Materials (Content/Practice Materials and FLs): ****ING BS!
AAMC and Other FL Averages: **** YOU AAMC

DO I HAVE A CHANCE for DO?

ps-7
vr-7
bs-8

Total Score- 22

GPA SCIENCE 3.72
GPA OVERALL : 3.87

32: 12P/10V/10B

Not really happy with it - only a 2-point increase over last time, and I actually scored 1 point higher on BS last time. Oh well.

Actual MCAT Score (PS/V/BS): 13/11/13
Predicted MCAT Score (PS/V/BS): below 33, DON'T TRUST POST-EXAM FEELINGS!
MCAT Prep Materials (Content/Practice Materials and FLs): sn2d plan + google
AAMC and Other FL Averages: 37.?? 13/11/13
Comments/Feelings/Tips: So happy that I stayed at my average and didn't bomb it like I thought! (Wish I could've joined that 40+ club though :p)

Members don't see this ad :)
Actual MCAT Score (PS/V/BS): 15/13/12 - 40 total.

Predicted MCAT Score (PS/V/BS): Predicted 14/12/12, somewhere ~37ish.

TBR for everything but Bio, then EK.
Every AAMC FL.

AAMC:
3: 13/10/9 - 32 (before I started studying)
4: 14/10/13 - 37
5: 13/12/13 - 38
6: 13/12/12 - 37
7: 14/13/11 - 38
8: 14/13/12 - 39
9: 14/12/14 - 40 - (very flukey bio imo)
10: 14/11/13 - 38
11: 15/12/13 - 40

Comments/Feelings/Tips:
I'll post more when I'm not in class.

Actual MCAT Score (PS/V/BS): (10/9/11) = 30
Predicted MCAT Score (PS/V/BS): (9/8/10) = 27
MCAT Prep Materials (Content/Practice Materials and FLs): I'll answer this later
AAMC and Other FL Averages: AAMC average: 28 (10/8/10), TPR avg (tests 1-4): 23
Comments/Feelings/Tips: Also later.

I just can't say how glad I am to be done!!! I'm blown away that I scored above my aamc average, and I couldn't be happier.

MCAT Prep Materials (Content/Practice Materials and FLs): I'll answer this later

I just can't say how glad I am to be done!!! I'm blown away that I scored above my aamc average, and I couldn't be happier.

Very very nice. Happy for you, bro. One of the few people on these forums I'm always silently rooting for. GO MAKE YOUR AVATAR PROUD NOW

Actual MCAT Score (PS/V/BS): (13/12/14) = 39
Predicted MCAT Score (PS/V/BS): (12/13/14) = 39

MCAT Prep Materials: TPR Cracking the MCAT 2013-2014 book for the first month, aformentioned TPR exams and AAMC 3, 4, 9-11 for second month.

AAMC and Other FL Averages: AAMC average: 39.6, TPR average 31

Comments/Feelings/Tips: I'm one of those boring people who did exactly as they expected, but boy, am I glad to be done with pre-med stuff, finally. :) May write something short up about my preparation later, but gonna go drink now.

Omg i can't believe it i can't believe it i can't believe it i can't believe it!!!!!!!

39!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 14-p 11-v 14-b

i'm so beyond happy i'm literally crying. Guys hard work really does pay off!! It really really does!

Hey hey! Great job. NOW you can go further develop that ego that looks down on DO schools.

Actual MCAT Score (PS/V/BS): (10/9/9) = 28
Predicted MCAT Score (PS/V/BS): (10/8/9) = 27
MCAT Prep Materials (Content/Practice Materials and FLs): Kaplan class
AAMC and Other FL Averages: 10/9/10 on last four practice tests I took which were AAMC 10-11 and Kaplan 4-5
Comments/Feelings/Tips: Pretty bummed. I am happy I got a nine in verbal because I hate verbal and had a feeling I was going to get like a six. I wish I could have done better in bio but I think I was just bogged down by the time I got there because I realized later in the day that I missed some I really should not have missed simply because I over-thought them. Oh well. I am probably not taking it again. I am hoping for a DO acceptance with this score and if I don't get one then I will retake it.

F***ing miserable :( wasted two years of post-Bach classes to only get bent over and hammered in the a** by this bs.

But that wont stop me from congratulating everyone who did well or as well as they thought could. I wish you guys the best with interviews, etc.

yay congrats

28 10 7 11 PS V BS

Lower in everything than I thought. The best part is I'll never know why/which ones i got wrong :)!

Anyone who's been in similar shoes. Please help :( . I really don't know what to do, hw piled up and mcat studying and EC's. How did you do it??

28 10 7 11 PS V BS

Lower in everything than I thought. The best part is I'll never know why/which ones i got wrong :)!

Anyone who's been in similar shoes. Please help :( . I really don't know what to do, hw piled up and mcat studying and EC's. How did you do it??

I was in a similar place -- I got a 29 with the same verbal score as yours. I was so mad because I'd never done that horribly on verbal before. I took a year off working before deciding to pick up the pieces and try again, which I do not recommend. Just get right back into it and kill it next year. And really, don't do anything besides study for the MCAT. Don't work, don't take classes, nothing. Looking back, I realized that I didn't study that hard the first time. I thought I studied hard, but it wasn't anywhere close. The second time I really tried a lot harder and it showed. Anyway I hope this helps at least a little and good luck! :luck:

28 10 7 11 PS V BS

Don't try to do it all. That's what I tried to do and it got me a 24. If you are committed to serious improvement then the MCAT should have all your attention.

I was in a similar place -- I got a 29 with the same verbal score as yours. I was so mad because I'd never done that horribly on verbal before. I took a year off working before deciding to pick up the pieces and try again, which I do not recommend. Just get right back into it and kill it next year. And really, don't do anything besides study for the MCAT. Don't work, don't take classes, nothing. Looking back, I realized that I didn't study that hard the first time. I thought I studied hard, but it wasn't anywhere close. The second time I really tried a lot harder and it showed. Anyway I hope this helps at least a little and good luck! :luck:

I did nothing BUT study for this one. And so so hard :(. I'm gonna give it another try, but extremly discouraged, goddamn AAMC :(

yay congrats

Very very nice. Happy for you, bro. One of the few people on these forums I'm always silently rooting for. GO MAKE YOUR AVATAR PROUD NOW

Thanks a lot guys, I appreciate the support that SDN has brought to me. inycepoo, despite your incredible MedPR-like trolling, I'm rooting for you too haha. Yeah Karev and I are gonna rock this cycle!!

Actual MCAT Score (PS/V/BS): 33 (11/11/11)
Predicted MCAT Score (PS/V/BS): 35 (11/13/11)
MCAT Prep Materials (Content/Practice Materials and FLs): Took the Princeton Review class and did all the work, every AAMC FL
AAMC and Other FL Averages: 36 (12/12/12)
Comments/Feelings/Tips: Incredibly disappointed with my score. I spent all summer studying for a one point improvement over my first cold AAMC FL (#10). Have a meeting with my adviser tomorrow to discuss retaking because my GPA is ok, but not fantastic. I know I had the potential to do really well on this test -- my highest practice test was a 40. I was really hoping for a 37 and though that was a reasonable goal. I'm most surprised by verbal because that came very easily to me. I only got an 11 once on a practice test, and hit 15 once. What a crapshoot. And of course I'll lose all my science content by the time I retake. Why the **** did they wait til after the last registration deadline to give me this score? Congrats to everyone who's done with this bull****.

Actual MCAT Score (PS/V/BS): 33 (11/11/11)
Predicted MCAT Score (PS/V/BS): 35 (11/13/11)
MCAT Prep Materials (Content/Practice Materials and FLs): Took the Princeton Review class and did all the work, every AAMC FL
AAMC and Other FL Averages: 36 (12/12/12)
Comments/Feelings/Tips: Incredibly disappointed with my score. I spent all summer studying for a one point improvement over my first cold AAMC FL (#10). Have a meeting with my adviser tomorrow to discuss retaking because my GPA is ok, but not fantastic. I know I had the potential to do really well on this test -- my highest practice test was a 40. I was really hoping for a 37 and though that was a reasonable goal. I'm most surprised by verbal because that came very easily to me. I only got an 11 once on a practice test, and hit 15 once. What a crapshoot. And of course I'll lose all my science content by the time I retake. Why the **** did they wait til after the last registration deadline to give me this score? Congrats to everyone who's done with this bull****.

You got a 33 and are thinking of retaking? Go **** yourself

but congrats to everyone! and if you didn't do as well as you wanted don't worry! If I can do well anyone can seriously. My score was 100% hard work. None of it was because of natural intelligence or intellect lol :p

You got a 33 and are thinking of retaking? Go **** yourself

Yeah it's funny how people have different standards. But I mean I'm from CA so anything less than a 30 is far below average for MD. Even 33 is below most CA school's average. I personally would be pumped with a 33 but if my averages were a 36 I might be kinda disappointed. I scored one point below what I expected so I'm not disappointed but I am bummed that I didn't get lucky and score higher than my average :smuggrin:

guys

the dream is real

Actual MCAT Score (PS/V/BS): 12/10/12 - 34 total.

Predicted MCAT Score (PS/V/BS): 30+

TBR for Orgo & PS
EK, TPR, & Kaplan sections/topicals/subjects for bio
EK 101 & TPRHVW for Verbal
Every AAMC FL.

AAMC:
3: 10/9/9 - 28
4: Didn't complete
5: 10/9/11 - 30
7: 13/6/10 - 29 (Christmas tree'd the last two verbal passages cause yolo)
8: 13/8/11 - 32
9: 12/9/12 - 33
10: 12/9/11 - 32
11: 11/8/10 - 29

AVERAGE: 30.4
Range: 28-33

Comments/Feelings/Tips:
Felt neutral after the exam. Felt horrible a few days later because I know I missed at least 3-4 in PS/BS because I looked up some answers :p

Also I never hit 10 in Verbal in any AAMCs (or a 34 total) so this is great :thumbup:

Actual MCAT Score 1/26/13 (PS/V/BS): 7/11/8 (26)
Actual MCAT Score 8/15/13 (PS/V/BS): 10/11/10 (31)
Predicted MCAT Score (PS/V/BS): 10/10/9 (29)
MCAT Prep Materials (Content/Practice Materials and FLs): TPRH, EK 101 VR & EK 1001 series, Kaplan Review books, khan academy, wikipremed, holy shiiiiiiiiiit I didn't fail again!!!!!!!
AAMC and Other FL Averages: AAMC ~30-31 Other ~30
Comments/Feelings/Tips: summer NOT wasted. Hold out hope, put in the hard work, and it will probably pay off.

:clap:

Congrats! I'm really happy for you!! What schools are you shooting for with that?

Last edited:
Congrats! I'm really happy you!! What schools are you shooting for with that?

Likewise! I'm so glad to see you hit 30! I'm sure you've got a wave of secondaries and II's heading your way soon :D

I was always hoping to stay in Philly, with the possibility of NY or NJ. Temple & PCOM are my top two now, but I was too afraid to apply this year without knowing my scores so I'll have to wait till next summer to pull the trigger. :bang:

Will you be adding a bunch of schools to your list now?? A 30 plus your solid GPA gives you a shot at MD now for sure

Anyone live in the Mesa Arizona area that would like to tutor me for the January 2014 MCAT? Please let me know!

Likewise! I'm so glad to see you hit 30! I'm sure you've got a wave of secondaries and II's heading your way soon :D

I was always hoping to stay in Philly, with the possibility of NY or NJ. Temple & PCOM are my top two now, but I was too afraid to apply this year without knowing my scores so I'll have to wait till next summer to pull the trigger. :bang:

Will you be adding a bunch of schools to your list now?? A 30 plus your solid GPA gives you a shot at MD now for sure

Yes I will be adding schools. I made a rookie mistake and haven't submitted my AMCAS or TMDSAS primaries yet (given my aamc avg I didn't think I would hit 30), but both are almost ready to go so I'll get those in asap. I know that's late, and if I don't get anywhere with MD I'm totally cool going DO. Unfortunately my AMCAS gpa is lower than my AACOMAS gpa because I had to retake 1 class, but I hope it won't make that big of a difference (3.77c/3.70s vs. 3.65c/3.50s). I like to think that I have pretty good ECs, so all I can do is get my stuff in and hope for the best. Best of luck to you, its been a fun ride.

Actual 7/8/8;23
May 11; 7/1/8;16
Average;23
Predicted;25
Have great EC's and a can-do attitude (trust me). Gonna throw my app out there and hope for the best, congrats everyone for making it through. O Grady; nice work, you earned it.