The Official 8/17/2012 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LaurenMarie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let's all dread this date together! :scared:

How/when are you guys studying? (i.e. SN2ed, Kaplan, TBR)

EDIT: I'm attaching simple charts I made to keep track of my progress for each set of passages for the SN2ed schedule. Its helpful to monitor how you are progressing and will show you what areas to work on. ENJOY :)

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• Physics Passage Scores.doc
    79 KB · Views: 252
  • Biology Passage Scores.doc
    73 KB · Views: 140
  • Organic Chemistry Passage Scores.doc
    67 KB · Views: 118
  • Verbal Reasoning.doc
    143 KB · Views: 108
  • General Chemistry Passage Scores.doc
    79.5 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
theres no set time...ppl have said 3:15....some said between 1-5 and the website says after 5pm....choose ur poison...

Oh man Im getting nervous. Its crazy to think that with my applications already submitted this is really the only thing left that is stopping schools from looking at my applications. Fingers crossed.

When do scores come out exactly? The website says 5 PM EST, but I keep hearing otherwise.

If you look at pretty much every thread of previous test dates, the scores are usually always out by 3:15pm. Good luck everyone.

Before the moment of reckoning starts, I just want to say thanks to all of you. This thread has been helpful in more ways than one, and the humor I find in some of these posts has gotten me through this tough period of life.

Good luck all.

Before the moment of reckoning starts, I just want to say thanks to all of you. This thread has been helpful in more ways than one, and the humor I find in some of these posts has gotten me through this tough period of life.

Good luck all.

I second that

How bad is it if my score drops? I received an 10P/6V/8B on a previous test and I really think I got a 10P 5-7V and a 5-8B :(
Since some schools look at the best set of scores, is it not the end all if it does go down?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just found out that the Army is moving my husband and he can't come back here. It is way way too late to start the application process for MD (was planning on going DO) and now I am looking at either going active and not doing med school or not seeing my husband for four years. I don't even know if I care about my scores anymore. Bad day. La fin.

It only says "you have no scores yet"

I was trying to decide which movie to watch to pass the time. Moulin Rouge it is!

Haha, yeah, I have calculus is about 45 minutes and I don't even want to do anything but take a nap until its time to check scores.

everyone is freaking out, its not the end of the world! you can always retake the mcat!!!!!!!!! (I am applying next year so I guess that's why I am more laid back about it :) . ) GOODLUCK TO ALL!!!!! take it with a grain of salt even if it is extremely high/low or intermediate to what you thought, just remember that once you make it into medical school or DO NOT MAKE IT IN ; your MCAT score doesnt matter and if you dont make it in (either work on getting better MCAT - at least 28ish , have at least 3.6 probably 3.7 GPA and RESEARCH IS NOW A HUGE GOLDEN TICKET!!! ---ORIGINAL RESEARCH THAT YOU CARRIED OUT!!!! not just something your professor put together for you, but something you specifically put together (under the guidance of a professor) and carried out --- more and more medical schools are taking this as a ELEVATOR to a low MCAT score. This shows HUGE COMITTMENT and problem-solving (what being a doctor is all about!). !!! Also volunteer usually counts as MONTHS of committment and NOT HOURS!!!!! Also in interviews and personal statement DO NOT brag about yourself or talk yourself up (we had a kid at our school with a 33 MCAT a 4.0 multiple years of volunteer/shadowing/clinical; held leadership roles in chemistry club and pre-health club and did research---- HE did NOT get into UNMC becuase they said he "talked about himself too much and was too into himself. This goes to prove thats NOT what they want (well at least UNMC) but I know he applied to Creighton as well as Chicago, Lloya, and maybe Northwestern or something like that.) again, goodluck to all and its not the end of the world!

everyone is freaking out, its not the end of the world! you can always retake the mcat!!!!!!!!! (I am applying next year so I guess that's why I am more laid back about it :) . ) GOODLUCK TO ALL!!!!! take it with a grain of salt even if it is extremely high/low or intermediate to what you thought, just remember that once you make it into medical school or DO NOT MAKE IT IN ; your MCAT score doesnt matter and if you dont make it in (either work on getting better MCAT - at least 28ish , have at least 3.6 probably 3.7 GPA and RESEARCH IS NOW A HUGE GOLDEN TICKET!!! ---ORIGINAL RESEARCH THAT YOU CARRIED OUT!!!! not just something your professor put together for you, but something you specifically put together (under the guidance of a professor) and carried out --- more and more medical schools are taking this as a ELEVATOR to a low MCAT score. This shows HUGE COMITTMENT and problem-solving (what being a doctor is all about!). !!! Also volunteer usually counts as MONTHS of committment and NOT HOURS!!!!! Also in interviews and personal statement DO NOT brag about yourself or talk yourself up (we had a kid at our school with a 33 MCAT a 4.0 multiple years of volunteer/shadowing/clinical; held leadership roles in chemistry club and pre-health club and did research---- HE did NOT get into UNMC becuase they said he "talked about himself too much and was too into himself. This goes to prove thats NOT what they want (well at least UNMC) but I know he applied to Creighton as well as Chicago, Lloya, and maybe Northwestern or something like that.) again, goodluck to all and its not the end of the world!

I also applied to Lloya... I don't think they wanted me because I didn't talk enough about myself:(

So if the scores are released at the time mentioned as tentative by the AAMC, then we have like 3 hours and 45 mins right?

You guys should receive it 3:15 eastern time. It has consistently been around that time for this year's scores.

oh yeah, I spent like 5 minuets making sure I didn't click void, but I am still (irrationally) worried :D

haha me too. i've done so many practice tests that my hand went instinctually to the not-void button, but im still worried. i guess irrationality comes with being pre-med.

Just for those who don't know you can follow @AAMC_MCAT and they announce when the scores are released. set up a text message alert or something, that way you'll know as soon as they release

That's a good idea but I wonder how many people will actually wait for a text message or a notification instead of feverishly clicking refresh repeatedly...

I guess I'll try to provide a little bit of entertainment.

Currently at the library studying for my microbio test. Well more like staring at my textbook. This guy gets up to (i am assuming) use the restroom. Gets a text. Girl with him looks at it and starts fuming. Guy comes back and she yells, "who the **** is Stacy and why is she calling you big boy and sending you a picture of her tits? You certainly aint a big boy." Guy starts fluttering. She dumps her coffee on his macbook air (ouch!) and starts walking away. He grabs her and randomly police officers appear instantaneously (what are they doing in the library?). They try to separate the two of them. She spits at the guy - not helping her case. He wants to press charges for assault and destruction of private property/vandalism/whatever it is called. She continues to keep yelling. Staff say take it out. Police say no.

/goes back to clicking f5.

I guess I'll try to provide a little bit of entertainment.

Currently at the library studying for my microbio test. Well more like staring at my textbook. This guy gets up to (i am assuming) use the restroom. Gets a text. Girl with him looks at it and starts fuming. Guy comes back and she yells, "who the **** is Stacy and why is she calling you big boy and sending you a picture of her tits? You certainly aint a big boy." Guy starts fluttering. She dumps her coffee on his macbook air (ouch!) and starts walking away. He grabs her and randomly police officers appear instantaneously (what are they doing in the library?). They try to separate the two of them. She spits at the guy - not helping her case. He wants to press charges for assault and destruction of private property/vandalism/whatever it is called. She continues to keep yelling. Staff say take it out. Police say no.

/goes back to clicking f5.

WOW that definitely distracted me from my results for a couple minutes.

Also, if only so I can come back and laugh when I bomb the test:
Predicting - 30, 10PS/12VR/8BS
Ecstatic - 33
Not surprised - 27

Command R (refresh)
"You have no scores yet."
Click MCAT THx bookmark
Login
"You have no scores yet."
Command R
REPEAT
This is insane!

tumblr_laonl4O07i1qe5zqzo1_500.gif

been drinking water all day. need to piss like a racehorse but can't leave this stupid table. this test has singlehandedly removed all dignity from my life.