The Official 9/02/2011 MCAT Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

unhappytnt

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Too early?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
not the greatest, but good enough for DO i hope

11 V/ 8PS/ 8 BIO/ M

27M

Hope you guys got the scores you wanted!

33O here!

I'm also a non-trad (work full time as a software engineer) so this is a huge relief and step for me.

Also proof to any other non-trads out there that it can be done!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a 29Q!

One point from a 30, but my score breakdown was 10/10/9. Considering I am a mechanical engineering major and haven't finished my biology classes I'm psyched!

I got a 27 N; 8, 8, 11

Is that good for D.O. because I really want to go D.O. I have a 3.4 Overall and 3.3 Science

I got a 27 N; 8, 8, 11

Is that good for D.O. because I really want to go D.O. I have a 3.4 Overall and 3.3 Science

I am in the same boat. Same score, also. The average for DO schools is like 24-28 so I feel like we are in a good place! Good luck

7RMRJ.png

I'm a little confused as to what to say about this score. That VR is as low as the worst of my practice tests; leading up to the real thing I was hitting 12s and even a 13 or two. Rather big disappointment there. Sciences were about what I expected, though I was hoping for a 15 on BS.

I have no idea how that writing went so well. Kaplan essay team gave me 2s and 3s on the essays I submitted to them. Herp. All in all the numerical score is lower than I was hoping for but my writing was ridiculously higher. Guess I should just be happy with a 37T.

With that score, you can pretty much go anywhere you want. Plus, predicting VR scores is about as useless as throwing ice at the sun. I've seen people averaging 10s average get a 5. I've seen people averaging 10s scoring 13. Not a lot of people get their predicted scores there. Plus, I was wondering, how did you paste your scores on here. I did copy and paste and it just came out with words and numbers.

omfg
14/10/13Q (BS,VR,PS) 37Q
predicted score was 11,10,11,R but I'll take this. So ****ing happy right now.
AAAAHHHHH.
My fifth time writing so not that impressive but, F*** Yeah

Last edited:
so im a retaker:

jan 2011: 24R used kaplan books

Sept 2: 29Q used straight EK
went from a 7 to a 13 in PS, but verbal and bio stayed the same at 6 and 10 lol

i hope this is good enough for DO schools, as Ill be applying to a mix of both MD and DO, but mostly DO

I am in the same boat. Same score, also. The average for DO schools is like 24-28 so I feel like we are in a good place! Good luck
Good luck to you also, I am only applying DO, and I have been set on it since freshman year. I really hope we get in!

40Q VR: 13 PS: 12 BS: 15 W: Q :love:

246ph03.png

Practice test scores:
Test: Total (PS, VR, BS)
TBR#1: 34 (11, 11, 12)
TBR#2: 36(11, 13, 12)
TBR#3: 31 (12, 9, 10)
TBR#4: 35 (12, 11, 12)
TBR#5: 34 (10, 12, 12)
AAMC#3: 32 (10, 11, 11)
TBR#6: 35 (11, 12, 12)
AAMC4: 37 (11, 13, 13)
AAMC5: 37 (13, 11, 13)
AAMC#7: 40 (13, 13, 14) O_O
AAMC#8: 39 (14, 11, 14)
AAMC#9: 38 (14, 11, 13)
AAMC#10: 37 (13, 11, 13)
AAMC#11: 37 (11, 11, 15)

I think you guys are good for DO! This has been my second MCAT. I got a 31. The first time I took it in 2008 I had a 34. So I dropped a bit but I attribute that to cramming for the thing in the 3 weeks off grad school I had. I am def happy with my score. I'm applying to both DO and MD but I'm more interested in DO just as a personal preference.

My feeling walking out of the test was like....10-7-8.

But I think (as opposed to feel) that I MUST have done better on 9/2 just because of all the practice tests I took, so I'm going to now say: 10-10-R-10.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh this will be a long day! Luckily I got friends to go to the beach with here soon... there will be no phone, no internet, and no opportunities to sit around by myself wondering all day.

Hope everyone is keeping busy! Don't let this beast of a test steal the day from you ;)

11-11-11 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am happy with this ::) :) :) :) :)

10 BS, 10 VR, 7 PS...all in all 27...PS section was going to be bad cuz I ran out of time and had to guess. So no surprise there..Going to try again in January and see if I can't get these scores up.

I have no idea how that writing went so well. Kaplan essay team gave me 2s and 3s on the essays I submitted to them. Herp. All in all the numerical score is lower than I was hoping for but my writing was ridiculously higher. Guess I should just be happy with a 37T.

Definitely be happy!

I got a 32M and was getting 5s and 6s according to my Kaplan instructor.

Totally upset about the writing; I hope it doesn't get me weeded out. Who even gets that low with English as the first language???

PS: 14 VR: 12 BS: 12 = 38M

Ecstatic about the 38 (36 was highest practice score)
kinda bummed about the M... do you guys think it'll affect my application to the higher tier schools?

12 vr 10 bs 10 ps = 32Q only used EK. felt terrible about ps and ok about bs and good about vr when i left the exam. wanted at least a 10 in all sections.
averaged 31-34 on AAMC tests. on AAMC 11 got 11 vr 11 bs 9 ps

took exam last summer only using kaplan books and never taking the AAMC tests under real conditions and got 8 vr 10 bs 9 ps = 27M. that exam felt terrible about bs and awesome about ps

Yeah Sept 2nd, we murdered the MCAT!!!!!

15PS, 12VR, 15BS...R writing sample...I'm sorry but I'm so friggin ecstatic about not bombing the writing seeing how I didn't finish.
So yeah composite 42R.

I'm happy for everyone on this thread. This has to be the highest scoring thread so far

I seriously just logged out and logged back in hoping the same thing...trust me you're not alone

I tried that also. All I have to say is WTF!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I got the EXACT same score as I did the first time. Verbal came up 1pt and Bio down 1...I had a nervous breakdown on my first attempt and didn't read a single verbal passage. I kept calm and read them all on my second attempt. Seriously how does that happen?

Totally demoralized

First, I'd like to thank all of those who helped me out on this forum.

My highest on AAMC/TBR/GS tests was 31 (I hit that number about 3 or 4 times during the summer). For some reason, I never got higher than that.

Attended: THE BERKELEY REVIEW (WESTWOOD)

Real: 31Q

12-8-11

:)

... wow Q on the essay is not even 90th percentile???

TBR is THE ****! I seriously think those guys are pure boss. Without them, I wouldn't be here, happy, and at a 37!

Thanking God my scores didn't drop! Not the best but just enough to get me into medical school! Now that the drama is over, lets save some lives!!!

Damn my score looks like junk compared to everyone else that's been reporting? (keyword: reporting)

Am I the ONLY one in the 30-34 range? wtf?