The Official 9/8/2011 MCAT Club!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

erure

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else taking it on the 8th? We have just about 2 months left now :eek::luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
AAMC Average: 36.0

Predicted Score: 35

Actual Score: 38M (14 PS / 12 VR / 12 BS)

I am BEYOND happy right now!!!

....but how the F am I supposed to explain a writing score of M???
Lol, tell them you were saving your brain juices for the important stuff, which you clearly rocked! Congrats!!

My friend scored something like a 33K. At one interview they were really impressed with how well spoken he is, and joked that they were expecting him to not even be able to form sentences. Just goes to show that it didn't stop them from interviewing!

...but how the F am I supposed to explain a writing score of M???

The writing score is essentially useless because med schools have your personal statement, secondary essays, and multiple activity descriptions to evaluate your written communication skills more reliably.

Don't worry about the writing score and enjoy your 38 instead. Good job :thumbup:

13BS 12PS and 8VR. Obviously not very happy with this 8 in VR. 33Q is a strange place to be in, I am content but not really satisfied. Do you guys think I should retake it? Considering that I believe I should get at least a 10 on VR, but there is the possibility that my other 2 subscores might drop.. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad :)
13BS 12PS and 8VR. Obviously not very happy with this 8 in VR. 33Q is a strange place to be in, I am content but not really satisfied. Do you guys think I should retake it? Considering that I believe I should get at least a 10 on VR, but there is the possibility that my other 2 subscores might drop.. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I got the same score, except BS and PS score were switched. Honestly, the composite score looks good and you did well in the sciences...which what medical school is about. I wouldn't retake it if I were you. I'm just gonna apply with the score I got.

I will say getting an 8 VR is a little annoying. It's like crap, if I just got a 10 on it I woulda had a 35!

And because I was flipping out about my score, I posted this on the wrong mcat forum

AAMC Average: 30-31

Predicted Score: 30

Actual Score: 33P (8 VR, 13 PS, 12 BS)

Previous MCAT (the 07/06/2011): 26P (8VR, 9 PS, 9 BS)

And because I was flipping out about my score, I posted this on the wrong mcat forum

AAMC Average: 30-31

Predicted Score: 30

Actual Score: 33P (8 VR, 13 PS, 12 BS)

Previous MCAT (the 07/06/2011): 26P (8VR, 9 PS, 9 BS)

You are pretty consistent on verbal, not so much in the sciences. :thumbup:

You are pretty consistent on verbal, not so much in the sciences. :thumbup:

There was pretty much 6-7 hours of studying a day for the 3.5 weeks between when I found out the first score and took the second test. I really busted my butt studying for verbal the second time around. I was a little disappointed I couldn't bring the score up to at least a 9. Oh well, I'm not going to complain about it too much. I'm very happy with the score.:D

Previous MCAT (08/10) score: 28R

AAMC average:33

Predicted: 32

Actual Score: 36R (11VR, 12PS, 13BS)

So stoked!

AAMC Range: 34-39
AAMC Average 36
Predicted: 34
Actual: 14/9/13 36P

I don't know what it is, but for some reason I honestly feel disappointed. I didn't score below a 10V on any of the practice exams....

I got the exact same score with the same breakdown. But the way I look at it, if you scored at or above your AAMC average you can't complain.

My 14 in PS was also unprecedented, so even though I got a 9 in the verbal, I saw my PS and was satisfied that it compensated for it.