The Official 9/8/2011 MCAT Club!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

erure

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else taking it on the 8th? We have just about 2 months left now :eek::luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey 9-8-11 MCAT takers. I originally was supposed to take the test on 8-19-11 but decided to push it back until 9-8 because I was behind on studying. I think it was definitely the right choice... except I didn't study for any of my classes until the test was over:p

I took the 8am test and thought it was fairly similar to the practice tests. However, I know I messed up some easy PS questions (my worst section) and basically froze on the verbal. The I felt pretty good about the biology section, and had time to go back and check my answers.

So for the record, my prediction is 30 (9PS 9VR 12BS). And now for the wait...

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I took the test on the 8th but don't feel very comfortable with my performance and could use some advice. I am hoping for the best but I have problems blocking thoughts out while taking this test. I've never had this problem before with classes or anything. Also, I've taken many practice tests and done okay on them but for some reason when I'm taking the real thing its like my eyes are following the words but I'm not comprehending anything. I'm just sitting there thinking about how I know I need to be understanding the passage, how bad I need to do well on this test, how embarrassing it will be if I take it again (this was my third retake), and so on. I feel like I know the content like the back of my hand but obviously there's a lot more to this test than just content. :confused: Any suggestions will be greatly appreciates.

Thanks everyone.

@Machine33, so you took the test for your 4th time?

First you need to figure out what's the problem: do you not understand the material? Do you not practice enough? Do you not know how to synthesize information?

Try another approach, get tutoring, but you need to change your whole game plan if you want to improve significantly because taking it again and again is not a good idea...it's expensive and it looks bad so hopefully you did well on 9/8 but otherwise you need to change your whole approach.

Best of luck.

When I took it on the 8th it was my 3rd time. I took it before on 6/16 and decided to buckle down for a month and a half and did a variation of SN2s method and I felt very comfortable with the material and did decent on practice tests. I ranged from 8-11 on PS, 7-10 on verbal, and 9-10 on BS. But what I believe is holding me back is not being able to focus at the task at hand. I start reading and just start thinking about other things (like I mentioned in my last post). I just don't know how to block my own consciousness out... if that makes sense. I've never had this problem before so I don't know how to approach it.

Machine33, I know what you mean, during the middle of the verbal section it just hit me that I was actually taking the MCAT. I had a hard time actually focusing on the questions and read one paragraph 5 times over! I think the only thing you can do in these situations is to feign confidence, smile, and plug away at it. In between each section, regardless of how I felt about the previous section, I tried to psyche myself back up by telling myself that I just aced whatever I just did. I think that definitely abated my stress level.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had a dream that I was accepted to a medical school several times, each more realistic than the last. When I asked the dean if it was real and he/she said yes, I woke up immediately afterwards. :oops:

I had the worst MCAT dream. I was opening my scores (which for some reason were on paper) and in big letters it said 4/3/4!!! Then I realized that these weren't my actual scores but the scores from one of my practice tests so I flipped to the next page and it read 3/4/4!!! Then I realized that these also weren't my real scores but the scores of another one of my practice tests so I flipped to the next page...ect. This dream just went on and on and on until I woke up feeling suicidal. :scared:

I'll be checking it alone. Good or bad score, I will probably get a bit emotional. Better not let the other premeds see it.

I made the mistake of checking my score in lab. I burst out crying when I looked at my score. I'm not gonna make that mistake a second time.

ooo i could not access this site for some reason past few days.

it's good to be back!

ooo i could not access this site for some reason past few days.

it's good to be back!

Lol the same was true for me for a few days.

It was sort of weird because I could access it from school on the same laptop, but could not access it from my home.

This wait is brutal! I just want to know how I did...

By the way, opening it alone, in a cool, dark room. Afterwards, beer!

What's up all!! 9/8 MCAT here.... will we be notified via email when our scores are released or do we have to keep checking the site?

I have mixed feelings about the test.. PS was always my worst subjects, and BS my best, but felt like I did well on PS and BAD on BS. The stupid test was full of genetics and that's my worst area of bio... and I have a master's degree in it! Only the scores will tell, and I hope I pulled a 25+ at least :(

What's up all!! 9/8 MCAT here.... will we be notified via email when our scores are released or do we have to keep checking the site?

they don't send u the emails/snail mails. you just gotta check the mcat thx page or amcas score report page :thumbup:

Cool thx. I have a feeling I got 9-11 on PS and VR, and 5 on BS.... :bang:

I have a feeling that the beer that I bought for after seeing my score will come in handy. Bought a nice assortment of Oktoberfest beverages. Really don't want to wait another week. I think 30+ is just too long :(

So I got an email from one of the schools that applied which pretty much said they changed my application status from application in hold to secondary initiation phase since they got my latest MCAT score.... So I guess our scores are ready but have to wait until next Tuesday!! At the same time I never released my score to AMCAS so I have no idea where did they got my scores from?? So confused.....

So I got an email from one of the schools that applied which pretty much said they changed my application status from application in hold to secondary initiation phase since they got my latest MCAT score.... So I guess our scores are ready but have to wait until next Tuesday!! At the same time I never released my score to AMCAS so I have no idea where did they got my scores from?? So confused.....

Did the school explicitly indicate they received your MCAT score? I don't think score release works like this.

I have a feeling that the beer that I bought for after seeing my score will come in handy. Bought a nice assortment of Oktoberfest beverages. Really don't want to wait another week. I think 30+ is just too long :(

Ooh, that actually sounds nice..Where would you get those in the US? I'd better look that up..:D

Next week = Epic waiting week

Waiting for MCAT scores
Waiting for iPhone 4S!

They both better not let me down.