The Official August 2, 2013 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Qester

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The date is quickly approaching and it is time to step it up guys!

Who all is taking the test on this date?

Lets work together and make sure we all score well!

Members don't see this ad.

Please tell me I am not the only person hovering over the July 25th and 26th MCAT thread! I am loosing my mind over here and I am running out of options for keeping my mind off this test. Goosfraba :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
Please tell me I am not the only person hovering over the July 25th and 26th MCAT thread! I am loosing my mind over here and I am running out of options for keeping my mind off this test. Goosfraba :scared:

Hah! Just read them. They seem a bit more positive than previous post-test posts. I am dying to know the scores... I've been studying ever other day for the Sept. 11th mcat just in case and its not terribly fun.

Got mine too!!!! Now for the real deal!
Not sure about you but my score on the trial section was not impressive. I had an instant headache the minute I answered the last question on the BS section. No joke. My brain was fried. I wish I had the energy to do a little better on the trial section, but I am glad I could help and REALLY appreciate this gift card. [runs to amazon.com]

mine was only 44%, i have not taken a psych class in 8 years and to say my brain was fried is to say the least. The room i was in was so hot sweat was running out of my earphones. I'm not to worried about it, i got $30. I am however worried about the real thing. Real. Worried. But worse case scenario, i have to start studying again and take it in january. It's all good, it will work out. It always does....

+1

Funny, I feel like it's been the opposite for me; these past two weeks have dragged on so much. I just want my scores back so I know if I need to spend another 4 months studying before the January MCAT or not... I was hoping for this to be my one shot so I really want those scores back...

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody freaking out??? Our results should be out in 2 days!!! FREAK OUTTTTT :scared:

I could have sworn it was september 6. I just checked and it is sept 10...???

WHOA noo.. wrong date sorry is 12:30am lol its september 4 but i could have still sworn it was the 6

Wow it's so close now!

I have been super excited to get my scores and get my applications off, however last night I started fretting looking up my score!

Good news = finish apps for my reach schools
Bad news= submit applications to my realistic schools
Horrible news= start studying

I heard from a view friends who took their mcats a week before us that their scores were released a day early. That would be fantastic if ours were released today.

I heard from a view friends who took their mcats a week before us that their scores were released a day early. That would be fantastic if ours were released today.

They were scheduled to have their scores released on the 27th and that's exactly what happened. They were released at 12:12 pm, and 7/13 takers had their scores released at 12:18, 7/2 scores were released at 12:10. So you can most likely expect to see them about a quarter past noon tomorrow.

They were scheduled to have their scores released on the 27th and that's exactly what happened. They were released at 12:12 pm, and 7/13 takers had their scores released at 12:18, 7/2 scores were released at 12:10. So you can most likely expect to see them about a quarter past noon tomorrow.

Wishful thinking. This is going to be a long 24 hours.

It wasn't early. Both test dates (25th/26th) were planned to be released on the same day from the get-go.

You mean PST, right? That's 3:15 EST.

I think I might stay up really late so that I wake up after the release time. That way I don't have to be nervous all morning.

After the 8/2/13 test, I was crushed. I did not feel that I had scored as strongly as I did on practice tests, and my time management was a debacle. I didn't bomb. I know what bombing feels like, but at the same time, I know it wasn't good.

I signed up for a 9/12 retake, so in a sense these scores don't matter.

So why is it that I feel like I'm about to get punched in the stomach?

Any other retakers feeling nervous about getting their scores back?

After the 8/2/13 test, I was crushed. I did not feel that I had scored as strongly as I did on practice tests, and my time management was a debacle. I didn't bomb. I know what bombing feels like, but at the same time, I know it wasn't good.

I signed up for a 9/12 retake, so in a sense these scores don't matter.

So why is it that I feel like I'm about to get punched in the stomach?

Any other retakers feeling nervous about getting their scores back?

Haha I feel the same way but I think I could have felt so even if I made a 40. I'm watching the office and occasionally hitting refresh on aamc.

Who wouldn't be nervous on this momentous day? :p Don't worry. It certainly ain't just you. I imagine being a retaker just makes everything even worse.

Good luck to all later! :xf:

Want to say good luck everybody! We are almost there, i believe about 30 minutes. We have made it this far. No matter what the results, it won't set us back and we will continue working hard for our dream! :)