The Official August 28, 2013 MCAT Thread [8-28-13]

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Josh7

Relax
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd create the thread for us :)

I'm on Day 17 of the Sn2ed study schedule. The schedule is tough and TBR can be pretty harsh but hopefully it pays off on August 28th :p

How are you guys studying?

Members don't see this ad.

38% on the trial section lol I hope that isn't indicative of how I did on the actual test. Really glad I got the gift card, I didn't know anything and I was afraid I'd get denied

Got trial section score today - 63% - top quarter!

Last trial section score was 44% and the actual score I got was somewhere in the 40th percentile so I'm hoping the 63% signals a big improvement :)

Members don't see this ad :)
75%! What up! Haha so weird!

texan2414, I'm hoping it's a good sign too!

I think we could all use the retail therapy right about now, am I right? :)

81% on the Trial Section and in the Top Quarter (Psych + Sociology).

Now to just hope that the rest of the test went well...

81% on the Trial Section and in the Top Quarter (Psych + Sociology).

Now to just hope that the rest of the test went well...

Me too!! Also hoping this was a good indication :)

59% on my first trial section take, 94% this time!

Members don't see this ad :)
38% on the trial section lol I hope that isn't indicative of how I did on the actual test. Really glad I got the gift card, I didn't know anything and I was afraid I'd get denied

Oh don't worry about it indicating anything about your real score. I got a 34%. Could I have done better if I didn't randomly guess without reading any passages? Sure... Did I want to really spend time reading more passages after taking the actual test? Not one bit.

I'm just happy I got the gift card lol. I wasn't so sure I was going to get it and technically I should have only gotten a 25% from random guessing so that's a positive !

I didn't get an email yesterday either. I was pretty burned out at that point and am not familiar at all with psychology so figured I didn't do great.

Does anyone know if they send the emails out in waves, or if we didn't get one yesterday can we assume it's not coming?

Got the email too! I'm surprised i did so well on the trial section lol. They can keep their $30 if that would make them release the scores earlier!!

Got the email too! I'm surprised i did so well on the trial section lol. They can keep their $30 if that would make them release the scores earlier!!

haha I'm with you on that. Is anyone here applying this cycle?

I have a feeling that our subsection scores might end up looking the same.... ;)

Well, Maybeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee assuming I didn't get slaughtered on it :scared:

Or maybe you did get the same!! Would be total beast mode :)

@Etyan, I'm not applying this cycle, but still hoping to get this thing done once and for all! I'm looking at applying (hopefully) for entry in Fall 2015.

9 days or so guys! I'm getting more and more nervous/ excited/ terrified as the days go by. Haha I wake up one morning feeling good, the next I wake up thinking I bombed!

@Etyan, I'm not applying this cycle, but still hoping to get this thing done once and for all! I'm looking at applying (hopefully) for entry in Fall 2015.

9 days or so guys! I'm getting more and more nervous/ excited/ terrified as the days go by. Haha I wake up one morning feeling good, the next I wake up thinking I bombed!

Yeah... the closer it gets, the more I fret!

The more I fret, the harder I work on secondaries, and the better my secondaries, the better I feel ... for at least a few hours. Then the cycle starts anew!

Any better coping strategies out there? :laugh:

Yeah... the closer it gets, the more I fret!

The more I fret, the harder I work on secondaries, and the better my secondaries, the better I feel ... for at least a few hours. Then the cycle starts anew!

Any better coping strategies out there? :laugh:

You still haven'tttt sent in your secondaries?????

It's unreal that I spent this entire summer studying for this test. TBR please be worth it lol...

It's unreal that I spent this entire summer studying for this test. TBR please be worth it lol...

I used TBR too! Good luck to both of us :scared::luck::luck::luck:

texan2414 said:
inebriated and it don't feel so good .......

Starting your celebrations early? At least you still found your way back to SDN! :smuggrin:

Yeah lol........Nightmare (ssssss) about verbal. and the freakishly hard bio........ Not settling well with me.

Yeah lol........Nightmare (ssssss) about verbal. and the freakishly hard bio........ Not settling well with me.

Definitely getting nervous here, too. Probably need to stop prowling SDN and go into hiding! Wishing us all good luck :luck::luck:

I can't even bring myself to read them; if people didn't do as well as they hoped, I'm going to think that I did too... if people did super well, I'm going to start thinking that they prepared more than I did and I should have done more!

Either way, I know I'm just going to psych myself out even more than I already am!

Last edited:
I can't even bring myself to read them; if people didn't do as well as they hoped, I'm going to think is that I did too... if people did super well, I'm going to start thinking that they prepared more than I did and I should have done more!

Either way, I know I'm just going to psych myself out even more than I already am!

Yea...... I just went through and read the 8/22 thread. I probably should have thought that one through. I may spontaneously throw up anytime from now to when scores are released.

8/22er here :) for me, the last week went by quick, but the day of score release took years. But the feeling of having a score you're happy with makes it all worth it!

Also, there are lots of people in my thread who took the test for a second time and rocked it, even though they weren't happy with their first scores. If you end up with a score you aren't thrilled with, check those posts out.

Good luck you guys! The wait will soon be over :)

8/22er here :) for me, the last week went by quick, but the day of score release took years. But the feeling of having a score you're happy with makes it all worth it!

Also, there are lots of people in my thread who took the test for a second time and rocked it, even though they weren't happy with their first scores. If you end up with a score you aren't thrilled with, check those posts out.

Good luck you guys! The wait will soon be over :)

You are so sweet, thanks for the advice and the kind words! :) Congrats on being done with this thing by the way! All the best!

The other day I had a sudden rush because I thought the scores were released for some odd reason. Almost there!