*** The Official Case Western Reserve Alternate List ***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those who've sent updates or letters of interest/intent, did you receive update on your iapply account? Or did you just got an email saying that it's been received?

Actually, neither. I always had to call to make sure they received my updates.

Members don't see this ad.

I received an email telling me that it was received/added to my file. No change on iApply though. Anyone able to find out how many are on waitlist still?

For those who've sent updates or letters of interest/intent, did you receive update on your iapply account? Or did you just got an email saying that it's been received?
I sent an update letter months ago. They didn't send an email or update the iapply. Just call and make sure they have it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I email all my update letters to Mr. Essman and he usually replies pretty promptly to say that he added it to my file.

I just got an email.

*** Alternate/Waiting List ***

Schaden Freud (interviewed 12/15, waitlisted 4/3)
winthug (interviewed 2/13, waitlisted 4/3)
imable24 (interviewed 3/2,waitlisted 4/3)
mfrenkie (interviewed 9/23, waitlisted 4/3)
chemist323 (interviewed 2/20, waitlisted 4/3)
tthorst (interviewed 9/25, waitlisted 4/3)
murt (interviewed 2/23, waitlisted 4/3)
dude1344 (interviewed 9/18, waitlisted 4/3)
PandP (interviewed 9/25, waitlisted 4/3)
JHU Texan (interviewed 1/9, waitlisted 4/3)
kidthor (waitlisted 4/3)
moomix906 (interviewed 10/8, waitlisted 4/3)
nbp.medlaw (interviewed 9/18, waitlisted 4/3)
Corndog67 (interviewed 12/20, waitlisted 4/3)
DrGregoryHouse (interviewed 10/30, waitlisted 4/3)
skp14 (interviewed 2/16, waitlisted 4/3)
mochaccino (interviewed 10/2, waitlisted 4/3)
calsurfer (interviewed 11/7, waitlisted 4/3)
vaulter (interviewed 11/7, waitlisted 4/4)

Anyone want to call the office and find out more info? We were told they don't overfill the class, and we know that people have withdrawn, so there has to be some movement soon...

Anyone want to call the office and find out more info? We were told they don't overfill the class, and we know that people have withdrawn, so there has to be some movement soon...

i was pretty sure they over filled. where did you hear this?

As of today, according to Christian (via email), the class is still overfilled. It seems they are waiting for students to withdraw if they get accepted off a waitlist at another school. Which makes me think that waitlist movement is going to be uber slow this year.

Where did you hear about not overfilling a class Mfrenkie? Because I was wondering the same thing, if they don't overfill and we know people have been withdrawing then how is still overfull?

I read it somewhere on the forum a while back... maybe I'm wrong though... Anyone know how overfilled it is?

Awhile back, Christian had told me that they do not overfill. I guess things have changed slightly.

i heard from eileen today (if you don't know who she is you may as well withdraw) that they are just about at the right size, but won't start to open the waitlist unless they get a few more people to free up spots.

By the "right" size did Eileen mean they are around their full class size? Does that mean they only expect to take a handful of applicants off the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad :)
From the sound of it there will probably be movement in a week or so, once the Top 10 waitlists begin to move and currently committed Casers begin to bail. Case movement should theoretically echo the Top 10 movement.

By the "right" size did Eileen mean they are around their full class size? Does that mean they only expect to take a handful of applicants off the waitlist?

Out of curiousity, does anyone know if they call you and move down the list if you don't answer? Do they wait a day or so? Do they email? My phone is going a bit haywire lately, and I would pull out all my hair if I got skipped.

Out of curiousity, does anyone know if they call you and move down the list if you don't answer? Do they wait a day or so? Do they email? My phone is going a bit haywire lately, and I would pull out all my hair if I got skipped.

Dude, I gotta assume they wouldn't base their decision on something so arbitrary as whether or not you answer your phone the first time they try. At least I hope so.

Just change your voice message to "Hey, I'm not in, and if this is Case calling with an offer- well you can kiss my ass... I mean, I accept"

Dude, I gotta assume they wouldn't base their decision on something so arbitrary as whether or not you answer your phone the first time they try. At least I hope so.

Good old daily bumpety bump bump

anyone got any info on movement, i hate to call every day but i want to know!

I emailed Christian and this is the reply I received yesterday.

"To this point, our class is still full and we haven't had to make any offers off the alternate list. All this might change in the coming weeks as other schools get a better idea of how their classes are shaping up but it is difficult to predict if this will affect us or not."

That's the same reply I got. Ugh! The waiting is painful. Why is it moving so slowly this year?

Does anyone know if Case had a jump in rankings from to 2006 to 2007? I know that what's happened to Boston U from 2005 to 2006, and they had no one come off the waitlist that year.

yes they went up from i think 23 to 21.

I thought it was from 23 to 22. Still, that is not a very big change at all.

Does anyone know approximately how many of us are on the waitlist, or what proportion they cut via that random iapply message?

I asked how many were on the waitlist and received the same email reply as that one posted above today. They're being very tight lipped about information.

Withdrew from the alternate list today. Good luck to you all!

I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone and complain about how miserable this process is making me while I give the thread a good ol' bump

Agreed...this is the only school I really want to hear from now.

kidthor (waitlisted 4/3)
kingfuzz3 (interviewed 11/14, waitlisted 4/4)

I dont usually look at forums but came across this through google. I've been viewing this thread for a long time and wish you all the best of luck.

kidthor (waitlisted 4/3)
kingfuzz3 (interviewed 11/14, waitlisted 4/4)

Anyone planning on calling tomorrow?

I'll be a member of Case's class next year, so I technically don't belong in this thread, but I check it all the time to see if anything is shaping up for you guys/gals...

You all seem so truly interested and that's the kind of people I want in my class! I'm pulling for you all. :)

Anyone know if a lot of other waitlists are starting to move? Basically, when can we expect people to start withdrawing from case?

Perhaps there won't be any movement unless enough people get accepted to other schools, in which case it may be a few more days before we see anything (if we see anything)?

Anyone know if a lot of other waitlists are starting to move? Basically, when can we expect people to start withdrawing from case?

For some reason it is hard for me to fathom case not having any waitlist movement. I know it can happen but still...maybe its just wishfull thinking.

my friend who got into case last year deferred a year. she got into penn law and she told me she's going there this fall. she hasn't withdraw her spot but eventaully there will be one spot opening up soon. good luck!

I wish her and others like her would withdraw their applications. Its almost the end of May.

I will probably withdraw my spot from Case if I hear good news from another school that I'm still waiting for. I'm getting tired of waiting too, but hopefully this'll be over soon! Good luck!

I wish her and others like her would withdraw their applications. Its almost the end of May.

I feel your pain. but for her, it's life-determining decision to become a doctor or a lawyer. the funny thing is that she didn't even know case starts in july. i told her to decide soon. haha

I feel your pain. but for her, it's life-determining decision to become a doctor or a lawyer. the funny thing is that she didn't even know case starts in july. i told her to decide soon. haha

Out of curiosity, what was her reason for deferring? Seems like Case is pretty nice to let people defer and then apply elsewhere.

l

Last edited:
Showing my dad how to "bump" on a thread.

Hi guys your daily lurker here...I spoke to Ellen today and she said there was still no movement and that was across the board...don't really know what she meant with the across the board comment..., but to continue to have patience and send in any updates or letters of interest. Good Luck All! :luck: :luck:

Even though I'm not on the list anymore, just wanted to drop by and say gl. It seems like every school right now is saying they're seeing little to no mvmt. It's quite odd and very discomforting to us WListers. :confused:

Maybe that's what she meant about "across the board" lack of movement at lots of schools....its really decent of you to still wish the best for the remaining WLers. I pray we all get a happy ending.