*** The Official Case Western Reserve Alternate List ***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Maybe that's what she meant about "across the board" lack of movement at lots of schools....its really decent of you to still wish the best for the remaining WLers. I pray we all get a happy ending.

Thanks for the update. I'm waitlisted at 3 schools currently and so far no movement whatsoever!!! Not sure if this is the case with Case, but one of my schools is still overcommitted. :scared: It is not looking good, but I'm staying positive.

:D I wish you all the best of luck and pray that there is movement soon!:luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Just wanted to say good luck to all the Case waitlistees. Hope to see some of you this summer. :)

!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I guess my mom called Eileen without telling me beforehand. Apparently there are like no withdrawals and a "huge" alternate list, so it's not looking good for us.

Doesn't it suck that at interview they made it seem like hold/alternate list was still a good chance of getting in? I'll still leave my name on the waitlist, but I'm pretty much committed to where I'm going, and I'm not going to follow all this quite so religiously anymore.

What made you pick Albany over NYMC? Cost?

Doesn't it suck that at interview they made it seem like hold/alternate list was still a good chance of getting in? I'll still leave my name on the waitlist, but I'm pretty much committed to where I'm going, and I'm not going to follow all this quite so religiously anymore.

It was an easier situation for me any my fiance (we want to own a house and she is interested in a Graduate degree), and Albany seemed nicer to me. Proximity to NYC is a detractor for me rather than an incentive so it pretty much makes sense.

So is this thread basically dead? I have almost no hope left for Case.

lol. Yah, I agree. I think Case's new curriculum wowed too many people.

I withdrew from my spot at case today. Hopefully the waitlist will see movement. Good luck to you guys.

I withdrew from my spot at case today. Hopefully the waitlist will see movement. Good luck to you guys.

I hope the word doesn't remain "we're still at capacity":bow:

Members don't see this ad :)
Called Ellen today, and she said there has been absolutely no waitlist movement, and that the class is still at capacity. No details as to the size of the waitlist or my ranking:(

Called Ellen today, and she said there has been absolutely no waitlist movement, and that the class is still at capacity. No details as to the size of the waitlist or my ranking:(
I also called and she didn't offer any guess as to when they expect the list to start moving. guess their new curriculum must be popular. hopefully it moves sometime before july!

I don't believe in capital punishment. I think that in the next few weeks something will happen..I just hope it isn't rejections because of low waitlist movement.

CLass starts in July right? Man, I hope something happens soon.

Out of curiosity, anyone know Christian's email address?

I'll PM it to you - not comfortable posting it on the forum

Unofficial word from a Class of 2011er here:

Facebook group holding steady at 89 members. We saw some movement a few weeks back as a couple people got into other places off waitlist and decided to go, but things have been quiet lately. As of 5/25, according to the Case SOM intranet, 137 had confirmed their computer orders (class is usually ~135). Orientation starts in four weeks, so most people are getting serious about living and travel arrangements, but that doesn't mean that they won't change their plans if they get in off an Ivy/top tier waitlist. After July 12, things should be pretty much set, as you can't accept an offer at another school once you've matriculated, according to AAMC rules.

:luck::luck::luck:

Unofficial word from a Class of 2011er here:

As of 5/25, according to the Case SOM intranet, 137 had confirmed their computer orders (class is usually ~135).

:luck::luck::luck:

I was wondering if the computer orders included CCLCM students as well, in which case it should be at 170, right?

According to the SOM website, they accepted 132 into the university program, 10 into the MSTP program, and 32 in the college program for a total of 174 for the entering 2005 class.

Hopefully the 137 does include the college program or MSTP students. But if it doesn't then the class is indeed full, which is consistent with the information we've heard from the admissions office.

I was wondering if the computer orders included CCLCM students as well, in which case it should be at 170, right?
I don't think so. We don't choose our computers at CCLCM. The school just gives them to us.

Good luck to everyone waiting. Hope to see you in Cleveland. :D

According to the SOM website, they accepted 132 into the university program, 10 into the MSTP program, and 32 in the college program for a total of 174 for the entering 2005 class.

Hopefully the 137 does include the college program or MSTP students. But if it doesn't then the class is indeed full, which is consistent with the information we've heard from the admissions office.
The number of MSTP students can change from year to year, so it's hard to tell if the class is full based on computer orders. I think the computer order would cover the MSTP and UP students but it definitely does NOT include CCLCM. Like I said, we don't order our computers. The school gets them directly from Gateway and doesn't go through Case.

The number of MSTP students can change from year to year, so it's hard to tell if the class is full based on computer orders.

I was under the impression that all accepted simply had to pick a preference and that was the "order" in which case all "orders" doesn't necessarily tranlate into matriculants.

I was under the impression that all accepted simply had to pick a preference and that was the "order" in which case all "orders" doesn't necessarily tranlate into matriculants.

You are right. Once we accept the offer of admission, we are then asked to "order" by selecting from one of the four choices Case offers us. We were supposed to do this by 5/22 in order to get the discount, so even people who were and are waiting to hear from a waitlist probably ordered their computers.

CCLCMer is right, the computer order does not necessarily reflect the total class size or number of matriculants with total accuracy, but it does seem to reflect a close to full class size, since we can't order more than one. Just thought I'd let you guys in on what we know, which isn't much more than you. But I'm no stranger to the nailbiting wait and desire for info, good or bad.

Like I said, up until July 12 anything can happen, and if somebody gets into their top choice off of a waitlist, they can still give up their spot (and their computer) at Case, and it definitely can happen! :luck:

Folks,

I just got in off another waitlist and notified Case I wont be attending. Hopefully a spot opens up for someone. gluck!

Folks,

I just got in off another waitlist and notified Case I wont be attending. Hopefully a spot opens up for someone. gluck!
you're my new favorite person, thanks for the heads up!

Wow thanks for letting us know. How very considerate. :thumbup:

Folks,

you're my new favorite person, thanks for the heads up!

People keep saying they're withdrawing, and yet there is still no waitlist movement. I just keep getting my hopes up again and again. Oh well, I hope at least someone gets in off the waitlist if not me.

Speaking of considerate I wanted to say thanks to medanthjoint and CCClmer for posting. I guess because the news was somewhat depressing no one said thank you.

But I had a question for medanthjoint. When someone withdraws, do the number of computer orders drop by one? If so, can you post if the number of computer orders goes below 135?

Good call! I must also give props to CCLCMer for being arguably the best source of info on the Clinic/UP on the net.

Speaking of considerate I wanted to say thanks to medanthjoint and CCClmer for posting. I guess because the news was somewhat depressing no one said thank you.

But I had a question for medanthjoint. When someone withdraws, do the number of computer orders drop by one? If so, can you post if the number of computer orders goes below 135?

So far that page hasn't changed in ages, but if it does, I will let you know. I obsessively check that page anyway for word on whether we are getting upgraded MacBook Pros. However, I don't know if updating that page is a big priority for them, because I think they might have already made the order. The deadline to select a preference was 5/22. It states that late orders "may not be eligible for the bulk discount." I can only speculate, but I'm guessing that if someone who did order a computer withdraws, Case hangs onto it to offer to a new person. But who knows how this might show up on the status page.

Now for some more promising news: another person posted on Facebook that she just decided to withdraw from Case today for a spot she was just offered from a waitlist, and a little snooping tells me she's not the same person as potatopat. So that's two!

Good call! I must also give props to CCLCMer for being arguably the best source of info on the Clinic/UP on the net.

I second that! CCLCMer's blog is totally rad. If you don't read it, you should.

Thanks so much for giving us info. We are starving for it on the case waitlist. If anyone gets into Case from the waitlist they should take you and CCLCMer out for drinks.

Thanks so much for giving us info. We are starving for it on the case waitlist. If anyone gets into Case from the waitlist they should take you and CCLCMer out for drinks.
:laugh: Totally not necessary, but thanks. I know how much it sucks to be waiting and waiting. I still haven't managed to forget how traumatic the whole app process is just yet. Hope you guys hear good news soon. We're going to be graduating together. I'm c/o 2011 too.

Speaking of which, as of noon today, I'm now officially a second year. :banana: :hardy: :clap: :biglove:

so I guess the waitlist has started to move. apparently 2-3 people have been offered spots.

Hey guys,

I withdrew 6/15. I was accepted but had never ordered a computer b/c i was worrying about what would happen if I ended up not attending in terms of being charged. Good luck!

Hey guys,

I withdrew 6/15. I was accepted but had never ordered a computer b/c i was worrying about what would happen if I ended up not attending in terms of being charged. Good luck!

Thanks. I guess there's a little hope in this thread for the first time in a while. People are still pulling out and there's rumored movement. Hopefully someone on this thread will get in soon. :luck:

For the longest time this thread has been the bane of my existence. Things are looking better but Case starts in a month!