****The Official Case Western Reserve Class of 2016 Acceptance Thread****

BoxerRumble

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congratulations everyone!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Make sure you join us on Facebook and Google+. Private groups forthcoming.

Also, if you are withdrawing your interview spot, please contact the Admissions Office as soon as possible. There are many people who would like to move up in the calendar who would appreciate your courtesy.

Added on November 30:
The Office of Admissions will be open between 8:30 AM and 5:00 PM Eastern Time. We are conducting interviews tomorrow, so we would strongly urge you to communicate with the Office through the [email protected] email address only.

All previously interviewed candidates should be notified before 10:00 AM ET by an email from the Office of Admissions, and a change on your AADSAS status by noon ET. Outcomes include offer, continued review, hold, and reject. (I do not control anything related to anything currently posted on AADSAS, so I cannot comment on whether your temporary status is related to a decision. And I wouldn't comment anyway.)

Letters are being mailed today to all candidates who have been offered a seat in our upcoming DMD class (entering 2012/intended professional graduation 2016).

Good luck to all of you. If you want some distractions, go to the Admissions CWRU School of Dental Medicine Facebook and Google+ pages.

P.S. If you really cannot believe you received a communication from us and feel compelled to call us, when dialing our number at (216) 368-2460, please have your AADSAS or DENTPIN number handy. We may not be able to answer the phone, but we will remind you of everything listed above.

If you received an e-card, make sure you listen to the voice message. It took a lot of effort. :)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the E-Card!!!!!

I did not want to get my hopes up with just the e-card, though now that AADSAS is updated to "offer made" I have read it 20 times.

Hey guys!! I was so disappointed when I found out that I hadn't received a e-card.. But this morning, I got an email saying that I was accepted :)

This is my top choice and I'd most likely attend!!!

CONGRATS to everyone :)

Hey guys!! I was so disappointed when I found out that I hadn't received a e-card.. But this morning, I got an email saying that I was accepted :)

This is my top choice and I'd most likely attend!!!

CONGRATS to everyone :)

This is why we double-check. Make sure you check your junk mail??? (Maybe the email bounced?) No offense intended if you didn't get the card.

Last edited:
Is case not accepting Canadians anymore? Myself as well as a bunch of Canadian friends of mine had early interviews, and were given good vibes in the interview and told that they had a good chance of getting in, yet today got "On Hold" which case pretty much defined as a rejection.

Okay so did anyone NOT get any news from Case today? My status is still "invited for interview"...this is so weird...

Members don't see this ad :)
Is case not accepting Canadians anymore?...

I know offers were extended to Canadians.

I also know that there are still a number of e-cards that were not opened on December 1 so it's possible that many of you may have missed the link in your email boxes.

Facebook group link.

Last edited:
Congrats to everyone that got in!!!!!!!! I can't wait to start!

Can someone please direct me to where I can get the "New Student Information Request form" that must go along with the $1000 deposit?

The acceptance letter has a link that is not working. I looked everywhere in the website and could not find it.

Can someone post the link, please?

Thanks!

Can someone please direct me to where I can get the "New Student Information Request form" that must go along with the $1000 deposit?

The acceptance letter has a link that is not working. I looked everywhere in the website and could not find it.

Can someone post the link, please?

Thanks!

The New Student Information Form is being mailed to you and needs to be returned with your deposit. (We need your SSN, so we can't take the risk of transmitting it over email.) Maybe in the future we'll have a PDF form that I can make it possible to email attach it to you, but we need it printed, signed (?), and returned to us.

Last edited:
Next round of offers has gone out on email, including e-cards. In the process of US mailing the documents to you by Monday. Deadline is February 15 to return the non-refundable deposit and the new student information form. (Hopefully Canadian mail will still get the mail to you on time.)

All possibilities for communication are in play (accept, continuing review, hold, reject), but everyone interviewed up until January 11? should be notified. We still have openings.

It appears that almost all of our interview spots are taken so it is unlikely we will be issuing more invitations. Please contact me [email protected] if you have any updates to what you submitted in AADSAS, though again it is difficult to say we will be able to invite more candidates.

Consequently, if you are currently holding an interview spot but do not intend to travel here, please contact the admissions office at dentadmit so that we can loosen up some spots and be able to invite more people. We are seeing a few people drop their interview spots without letting us know, meaning that quite a few other people who may be worthy of an interview are losing their chances to.

Next round of offers will be sent out in late February to early March.

I am interviewing in March and I really hope there are still seats available!

Congrats everyone on getting in to Case! I have my interview coming up at the end of next month and I was hoping to get some pointers! This is my first interview so I'm pretty nervous!

Thanks

Congrats everyone on getting in to Case! I have my interview coming up at the end of next month and I was hoping to get some pointers! This is my first interview so I'm pretty nervous!

Thanks

The best advice for interviews sounds pretty lame, but it is so true. Be yourself. They aren't trying to trick you with questions. My interview at Case was pretty straight forward and relaxed.

Good luck :cool:

I called the admissions office a couple of hours ago and was told that I've been accepted. It is my first acceptance so I am pretty stoked. This is the only image that can describe my mood:

awwyea.jpg

I just called, and they said that the phone has been ringing off the hook for the last one hour. They told me to wait til tomorrow for the email. I advise just to wait, and not to call the office. Just keep our fingers crossed.

Last edited:
The next round of offers is being sent out, as well as decisions on continuing review, hold, and reject. Offers are sent both by email and regular mail. The deadline is March 23, 2012.

This school continues to amaze me. The amount of interviews it sends out is waaay too much. Normally, you would be excited by an interview invite but in some cases here, you could be invited, have an amazing interview and still not be put in the class. I don't quite understand this. People spend a lot of money flying out to these interviews and staying in hotels, etc., and it seems like a waste of money when for some people, it seems pretty much decided prior to the interview that you're not getting in. I'm not sure if this was like that in the past, but this needs to change. Further review needs to be done prior to the interview for the sake of the applicant to make sure that the interviewee has a chance of getting in or else why bother inviting the applicant to an interview in the first place!!!??? Lastly, just reject the applicant, don't put them on hold or continuing review unless they have a legitimate chance of getting in...

I just called, and they said that the phone has been ringing off the hook for the last one hour. They told me to wait til tomorrow for the email. I advise just to wait, and not to call the office. Just keep our fingers crossed.
Just received the official email.

I also received the acceptance email, but not the e-card. Or maybe I'll have to wait until tomorrow for that. Congratulations to all on their acceptances and hope to meet you all in autumn!

I really want to attend Case. Do any of you know how many interviews have already been held? mine is next week !

I really want to attend Case. Do any of you know how many interviews have already been held? mine is next week !

Can't help with you how many interviews were given out, but when I interviewed in mid-February, I was informed that a third of the class was filled. Good luck on your interview next week. My visit at Case was really awesome and I hope you enjoy yours as well.

Last edited:
When will the admission committee meet next? I had my interview a few days ago and I am very anxious to hear back from Case.

Just got my acceptance letter! Can't wait to start up in August!

Did anyone have any early March (5-8) interviews? I'm hoping I get an e-Card

I did. I am also hoping the same. They haven't sent out a new round of offers yet, hopefully next week.

i know lol it really is the worst part :/ let me know if you hear back soon

I wanted to let you all know, I expect that we will begin the notification for offers for this round to occur early next week, likely Tuesday or Wednesday. We also have to report to ADEA the people who have deposited with us so it's going to take a little time to get everything in.

Also, our admissions committee has made decisions on many of the incoming high school students who have applied through our articulation early selection programs (though we know there are still some interviews we have yet to schedule). We anticipate mailing out these decisions on Monday.

Communications are being sent out by email for those with offers, with followup mailed packets. Will also email-contact everyone else regarding the status of their applications this week.

they were sent out this afternoon? :(

omg I'm wondering on that too! I'm from the West coast and it showed that Case adm posted that at 2:20pm...which is 5:20pm over there. If anyone got the ecard/email already, let us know.

omg I'm wondering on that too! I'm from the West coast and it showed that Case adm posted that at 2:20pm...which is 5:20pm over there. If anyone got the ecard/email already, let us know.

I received an acceptance email at 4:03 pm (Eastern Time). I know how it is to check every 10 minutes each day after interviewing, so I hope that information is somehow helpful.
:xf:

I guess the offers were already sent :( did your aadsas status change also?

Bleh looks like I didn't make the cut either =(

I guess the offers were already sent :( did your aadsas status change also?

No AADSAS change. Probably takes a few days to process the update. Best of luck to everyone waiting for the good news to arrive!

I got my email today at 4pm eastern time too, then an ecard just now. No AADSAS change yet. Good luck everyone!