***The Official COLORADO Dental Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

ms.mollymay

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello there, the creation of this page might be a bit premature but I thought, what the heck!

On July 5th, 2016 I got an email from the school letting me know that my application was under review and that they would contact me if they needed further information.

And I haven't heard a peep since!

Residency: AZ (WICHE)
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/24/16
Application complete date: e-submitted 6/2/16
GPA (science, overall) sGPA: 3.8 oGPA: 3.85
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 19, TS 20 (OCHEM 21 GCHEM 21 Bio 18), PAT 20, RC 20, QR 15

Members don't see this ad.

Applied here too, submitted all my stuff on day 1, heard from them on July 5th saying the same thing as you.

Good luck everyone!

I applied here too, but didn't get an email yet! Hopefully they will send one?

Members don't see this ad :)
If anyone has Colorado or CU Medical Campus questions let me know. I've worked here a loooooonng time.

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone submit a supplemental or pay the fee?
I haven't received any information about a fee or supp application... have you? I have heard from past years that they email it out with an interview invite. And the supp app is just residence forms

I haven't received any information about a fee or supp application... have you? I have heard from past years that they email it out with an interview invite. And the supp app is just residence forms
I didn't, just wondering if anyone did. Thanks for the information though.

Not only did I email them asking if my application is complete (and they ignored me) but my Colorado app is the only one showing up as incomplete in the AADSAS portal. Ugh, is anyone else having issues with slow, slow processing? I've had all my materials in for almost one month.

Not only did I email them asking if my application is complete (and they ignored me) but my Colorado app is the only one showing up as incomplete in the AADSAS portal. Ugh, is anyone else having issues with slow, slow processing? I've had all my materials in for almost one month.
In the online application mine says "under review" for colorado.

So I called them back when everything was first opening, they only give their secondaries to people they interview (or at least consider highly qualified, can't remember). My aadsas thing says received/under review though, so I'm not sure why yours isn't going in.

Oh mine does say Under Review. I thought the AADSAS sequence was Under Review -> Complete, not Complete -> Under Review. I could definitely be wrong though, anyone know which comes first?

I probably sound like a ***** but like, I thought Under Review meant "reviewing to ensure all materials are in."

It goes received/complete to received/under review I THINK. You're confusing me too now that I'm thinking about it, haha.

Reactions: 1 user
I think you guys are really overthinking the AADSAS updates. "We ask for your patience" is right in the email underlined. I think you're safe to assume they have what they need and are reviewing apps. Its a super busy time, just hang tight.

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't get any emails from them... not even an email saying they received my AADSAS application.. The school doesn't even show up on my school decisions page... anyone else having the same issue?

I didn't get any emails from them... not even an email saying they received my AADSAS application.. The school doesn't even show up on my school decisions page... anyone else having the same issue?
I didn't get an email from them saying they received my AADSAS application, but it is under my school decisions page.

Hey everyone!
I'm an out of state applicant (not WICHE)! I'm taking my DAT on August 18th. I wanted to let you all know that my status says, "Received/Under Review". I submitted my application on 08/05.

Just curious was the email you all received from Dr.Shick?
Yes, mine was from Dr. Shick

Hey everyone!
I'm an out of state applicant (not WICHE)! I'm taking my DAT on August 18th. I wanted to let you all know that my status says, "Received/Under Review". I submitted my application on 08/05.

Dr. Shick is a professor and is a major part of the admissions committee so yes most of them come from her. Im out of state and not WICHE and I got in. You applied a little late, good news may be that Colorado tends to take a little longer on apps so u might be ok

Hey everyone!

Out of curiosity why did you wait so late to take your DAT?

I have a very solid GPA (4.33 BCP GPA, 4.3 overall), a few hundred hours of shadowing, strong letters of recommendation, as well as leadership positions in a number of organizations. The only thing I need to ensure I am a competitive applicant is to have a good DAT score; so, I felt it would be more beneficial to give myself a bit more study time and ace the DAT.
I think your 4.33 BCP ensures you're a competitive applicant. Dear god, that's a serious GPA.

Is it too late to add colorado as a school? I am out of state, 4.00 Science, 3.93 overall GPA, 22 AA, 22 TS, 25 RC, 20 PAT, 18 QR. Thanks!

Do what you think is best! Most people would recommend against it because of the low acceptance rate for OOS. But, I have a reason I want to live in Colorado and I have (what I believe) to be competitive stats and good extracurriculars.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I was unaware that Colorado had a low acceptance rate for out of state. How low are we talking?

I was unaware that Colorado had a low acceptance rate for out of state. How low are we talking?
They're 70 percent + in state. The rest is typically filled by WICHE residents (Wyoming, etc).

My main concern is that I'm too late in the game.
Probably a good consideration too. You have fantastic stats and are I have no doubt youre going to get in somewhere though, maybe even CU if you apply. Just consider a) Would you absolutely go to Colorado over the other schools on your list? b) Do you want to spend another 200 on an app?

Side note: I love Iowa, I was just at Lake Okoboji.

According to the ADEA Official Guide to dental schools the class entering 2014 was 59 in state and 21 out of state. The guide is full of helpful statistics and information.

According to the ADEA Official Guide to dental schools the class entering 2014 was 59 in state and 21 out of state. The guide is full of helpful statistics and information.
Screenshot_2016-08-30-04-00-50-1.png
Screenshot_2016-08-30-04-01-58-1.png

Last edited:
Just got an interview invite!
Way to go! I figured based on last year that no one would hear from them until Sep/Oct, so that is a pleasant surprise.

I'd still apply. I was out of state and received an interview, so never underestimate yourself or focus too much on the stats of OOS acceptances. You never know if you'll be one of the few so it doesn't hurt to try. It's a fantastic place and the facilities there are top notch.

I'd still apply. I was out of state and received an interview, so never underestimate yourself or focus too much on the stats of OOS acceptances. You never know if you'll be one of the few so it doesn't hurt to try. It's a fantastic place and the facilities there are top notch.
Did you get an invite today too?

they sent out invite at like 5pm local time? lol I am also instate hopefully good news come tomorrow.

I got an interview around 10am today! Yay!

Reactions: 1 users