the OFFICIAL countdown to feb 28 thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Funky

This space is for sale
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a letter today about voiding my score because of my verbal reasoning.
What it also said is "You may expect your scores on or about February 28".

22 days to go until the big day!

good luck everyone :luck: :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

I for one CAN wait. I feel like I did HORRIBLY. Had test anxiety, coupled with a very difficult physical sciences section and I just don't feel good about my chances of doing well on the MCAT I took. I was around the upper 20's on my AAMC tests - I don't know about this one though.

I'm already gearing up for the April MCATs

I for one CAN wait. I feel like I did HORRIBLY. Had test anxiety, coupled with a very difficult physical sciences section and I just don't feel good about my chances of doing well on the MCAT I took. I was around the upper 20's on my AAMC tests - I don't know about this one though.

I'm already gearing up for the April MCATs
i think it's natural for everyone to feel horrible about their performance. you really can never tell which is the worst part of this experience. I thought we would be dancing or crying in march but i suppose it'll be sooner

Members don't see this ad :)
aHHGHGH I keep having MCAT nightmares...vivid, vivid dreams of sitting through the verbal reasoning (same passages and everything) and trying to finish (I didn't finish a passage on the actual test :( ), with all the same terrible feelings I had sitting through the actual test, lol.

Oh man, I'm SO terrified! At least this isn't as bad as the wait for the August 2006 scores..that was twice as long, and I felt much crappier about my performance. I'm so paranoid that I didn't improve my score, or that I went down.
Ahhh. *prays for a 3 pt. improvement!*
Good luck waiting everyone, I hope you're all more sane than I am!

I got a letter today about voiding my score because of my verbal reasoning.
What it also said is "You may expect your scores on or about February 28".

22 days to go until the big day!

good luck everyone :luck: :luck:

My test did not have the mis-match. So I'm guessing only some people got this letter that did this version of the test? When should we start looking for the results? :scared:

My test did not have the mis-match. So I'm guessing only some people got this letter that did this version of the test? When should we start looking for the results? :scared:

The letters only went out to the unlucky 700-or-so people who were unlucky enough to get the mismatch. :D

I'm very very nervous, too. I don't want to take this again!!!! I will if I have to, of course, but every time I think about it my stomach gets all upset. I think I'm giving myself an ulcer. :laugh:

The letters only went out to the unlucky 700-or-so people who were unlucky enough to get the mismatch. :D

I'm very very nervous, too. I don't want to take this again!!!! I will if I have to, of course, but every time I think about it my stomach gets all upset. I think I'm giving myself an ulcer. :laugh:
i'm one of the brave few who will get the whole test scored with the error. I just dont want to take that test again. I wonder how many percent wise are going to void their scores

I'm counting my scores too. I bet most people out of those 700 are going to count their scores too... we only hear about the few who are voiding because they are the ones posting up a storm on this board lol ;)

I'm counting my scores too. I bet most people out of those 700 are going to count their scores too... we only hear about the few who are voiding because they are the ones posting up a storm on this board lol ;)
i guess i was wrong when i thought at least half would void their scores, leaving a very very bad distribution.

it would be interesting to know if a much larger percentage from our group void their scores...wonder if it will help or hurt the curve?

Although I'm scared to get my score :scared:, I just wanna get it over with. Why couldn't they just give us our numerical score on the day of the test and just let us wait a month for our essay grade :mad:

Although I'm scared to get my score :scared:, I just wanna get it over with. Why couldn't they just give us our numerical score on the day of the test and just let us wait a month for our essay grade :mad:

:) I agree. I am most worried about verbal because there was one passage that I did not digest the first time through; so I skipped and had to return with time left for guessing.
Somehow when a real dense thing comes around during the actual MCAT, it's denser than anything I've read/practiced in my entire life. Best wishes to all. :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
it would be interesting to know if a much larger percentage from our group void their scores...wonder if it will help or hurt the curve?

on another note, it's hard to believe the numbers....2,000 test-takers vs. 50,000 on a testing day. The score spectrum is definitely narrowed!!!

When someone voids their test, does AAMC still include that voided test's score when they figure out the curve?

I was under the impression that they do not even bother wasting their time scoring voided tests. Good question though. I wonder....

Yes, I don't think I'll be able to look when 2/28 comes. I'll be way too nervous!! probably more nervous than when I actually took the test. And then different friends will ask you each day how you did. And if you did poorly, that whole week will suck! LOL

I think they would count the voided scores in the curve.

If they didn't take the full sample size for that specific mcat, how would they know how difficult it really was? Or what "normal" really is in the bell curve? I think they go ahead and score the voided exams just for use on the curve. But of course, they wouldn't grade the wriitng samples.

Also, scoring the voided exams takes like 4.5 seconds. It's just a scantron that runs through them for each form. And they will esp count voided exams since the sample size now is so much reduced since they offer it 22x a year and not just 2. I think garnering the largest sample size was one of the reasons for just offereing it 2x a year.

on another note, it's hard to believe the numbers....2,000 test-takers vs. 50,000 on a testing day. The score spectrum is definitely narrowed!!!

Only 2000 people took the test in January??? Oh no, unless everyone did badly the curve is going to suck. Now I'm scared. I'm terrified I won't break a 25 or so. :(

Only 2000 people took the test in January??? Oh no, unless everyone did badly the curve is going to suck. Now I'm scared. I'm terrified I won't break a 25 or so. :(

Oh no, I am just speculating based on the article I read regarding test voiding on Saturday, the 27th. I am curious as to how many people actually took the exam both Saturday and Monday.....I just know that it is not nearly quite as much as the semi-annual April and August paper/pencil test.
:luck:

= I am curious as to how many people actually took the exam both Saturday and Monday.....I just know that it is not nearly quite as much as the semi-annual April and August paper/pencil test.
:luck:

I doubt anyone could have retested on Monday. AAMC only allows you to be registered for one exam at a time. The AAMC didn't "unlock" our accounts for new registrations until Tuesday or Wednesday following the Saturday test.

so are all January test takers getting scores on Feb 28th? has the AAMC officially said that getting scores on the 26th isn't going to happen?

so are all January test takers getting scores on Feb 28th? has the AAMC officially said that getting scores on the 26th isn't going to happen?
the latest thing that they've sent some of us is feb 28th score release

They told me the 26th, so I'm hoping we only have 6 more days of misery...than it will be worse misery, acceptable...or great joy :)

Was it possible to see what percentage you got correct after you finished your exam? or do you not find anything out until late feb?

yea i know. i think sdn makes the anxiety worse but i still somehow end up here :rolleyes:

I totally agree, sdn definitely makes the anxiety worse. My friends speak of the stressfree tranquility they experienced after they wrote their mcats...back when there was a two months wait. I, however, am freaking out continuously.

Where did you guys hear the scores come out on the 26th?:eek:

damn..aamc lied to me by smail. i hate them for enough things but they are really making me angry! :mad:

Haha, speaking of "gaffes," the table lists the expected score release for the January 26th administration to be "February 26, 2006." :laugh:

I knew it, I knew it, I knew it! I've specualted they were just randomly assigning scores. How else could my scores be ready 11 months before I sat for the exam. That also explains how they can give us "valid scores" even with the verbal passage mistake! :eek: :)

Are you going to look at your scores right away? I think I won't...too scared. I'll probably check here first and see what the general mood is, especially from those with the messed up verbal passage. Then eventually, my curiosity will get the better of me and I'll look.
But maybe best to look as soon as possible, since I just might be signing up for a retake and need to book that quickly...:eek:

Are you going to look at your scores right away? I think I won't...too scared. I'll probably check here first and see what the general mood is, especially from those with the messed up verbal passage. Then eventually, my curiosity will get the better of me and I'll look.
But maybe best to look as soon as possible, since I just might be signing up for a retake and need to book that quickly...:eek:

I check the Thx system every day in case they come out early. But if it pops up, I'll close my eyes. :)

I'm more of a "I would rather know" person. Depending on the result, I'll either be lashing out or be really friendly towards innocent bystanders. :wow:

eeeeeeek 6 days! (took it on 1/27)

they MAY put it up earlier.. i remember in august they put it up 2 hours earlier than scheduled.

:luck: and :love: to all (especially myself - my verbal is really bad and is the bane of my medical career)

I have a med. interview on the 26th....so I think I am going to check my marks afterwards.

I check the Thx system every day in case they come out early. But if it pops up, I'll close my eyes. :)

I'm almost there - I check every other day.

And to babycapy:

that's a great idea... I'll be checking here first too.

I was one of the lucky ones on 1/27, I guess - no fishbot/bird questions.

Haha, speaking of "gaffes," the table lists the expected score release for the January 26th administration to be "February 26, 2006." :laugh:

The chart know says Feb 28, 2007. The letter that AAMC sent us said something like "around Feb 28" if I remember correctly. Does anyone know what AAMC typically means by around? Do they usually post early? late?

The chart know says Feb 28, 2007. The letter that AAMC sent us said something like "around Feb 28" if I remember correctly. Does anyone know what AAMC typically means by around? Do they usually post early? late?

Interesting...and it appears results from the January 26th administration will be released on the 28th also. Is this a good/bad sign? What are the implications!!!:scared: