****The Official Dental c/o 2024 Waitlist Support Group****

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was interviewed and havent heard back from the school since Feb 12th, is this a rejection?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone recently hear back from Midwestern-AZ? I interviewed on 1/30 and was put on the alternate list. Still waiting to hear back....

Interviewed at 2 schools and waitlisted at both. Hoping we all hear some good news soon! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does someone know when do applicants with more than 1 acceptance usually drop other decisions after March 5th notifications from their respective schools? Waitlisted rn and kinda anxious when the list moves around :/ Thanks

Something that I may be paranoid about is that perhaps many schools are too busy dealing with their current students and their clinical requirements in the current lockdown that no time has been set aside for admission meetings. At this point the dental schools would have told people with multiple acceptances to pick one. The time for their decision should have expired, but it doesn't seem like things are moving. Perhaps May will be very chaotic.

Reactions: 2 users
Something that I may be paranoid about is that perhaps many schools are too busy dealing with their current students and their clinical requirements in the current lockdown that no time has been set aside for admission meetings. At this point the dental schools would have told people with multiple acceptances to pick one. The time for their decision should have expired, but it doesn't seem like things are moving. Perhaps May will be very chaotic.
Don't lose hope! I was just finally accepted off of the waitlist on Friday!

2-3 times a month is way too often. once a month at max.
honey, you've got to call the schools and ask them - some schools want an inquiry once a week, others don't, so... call the school!

Anyone waitlisted at NYU? And anyone heard anyone getting accepted recently off the wailitst?

Members don't see this ad :)
Got accepted yesterday off an OOS waitlist at osu! Still lots of hope out there! I was never expecting to hear back from them

Reactions: 7 users
this may seem like a silly question but since the pandemic started & quarantine stay at home orders have been in effect...do schools still expect us to send in updates?

I’m not in school anymore so I have no spring semester grades to show them either.... so I feel pretty helpless at this point. I know others are in the same position, so I was wondering if you guys think schools will consider all of this while deciding who to take off their waitlist.

Does anyone know if any of the waitlisted people were offered a seat last year during end of May or June at NYU?

Anyone recently hear back from Midwestern-AZ? I interviewed on 1/30 and was put on the alternate list. Still waiting to hear back....
I was accepted off the alternate list in early March, and I interviewed in early February. I'm still hoping to get into my IS school (Marquette). If I do I will be giving up my spot at Midwestern-AZ, and hopefully you'll get it!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know how likely it is for an IS applicant to get off the alternate list at Marquette at this point in the year?

Last edited:
I know its late in the game but there is still hope! I was convinced I was going to have to reapply but I just got accepted off the waitlist at the University of Louisville!

Reactions: 9 users
I know its late in the game but there is still hope! I was convinced I was going to have to reapply but I just got accepted off the waitlist at the University of Louisville!
Congratulations! Are you IS or OOS?

I was accepted off the alternate list in early March, and I interviewed in early February. I'm still hoping to get into my IS school (Marquette). If I do I will be giving up my spot at Midwestern-AZ, and hopefully you'll get it!

Thanks for responding to my post! I was accepted to MWU-AZ on April 8th. :)

We have had students drop out a week before orientation, so keep schools updated as to your intent even through the summer!

I have heard that many dental schools are letting students delay their acceptance a year due to COVID 19, and since some people want to wait a year rather than learn in a handicapped manner, there is a high turn-over rate on waitlist. Has anyone recently been able to get off the waitlist?

Reactions: 1 user
I have heard that many dental schools are letting students delay their acceptance a year due to COVID 19, and since some people want to wait a year rather than learn in a handicapped manner, there is a high turn-over rate on waitlist. Has anyone recently been able to get off the waitlist?
Which schools are doing that?

Fake news

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Anyone got off the waitlist recently?

I was accepted last week! Literally, the best call ever!

May I ask which school you received the call from?
Has anyone heard back from CA schools recently?
I'm waiting to hear back from CA school hoping to get off the waitlist miraculously even though I know its super late......

Also waiting to hear back from a CA school. Slowly loosing hope as the day goes...

Hi everyone! Is there a current waitlist support thread for the 2025 dental cycle?