2017 ***The Official Dental College of Georgia C/O 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got an interview invite!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone else still waiting on the application complete email like me? Lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Supplemental application was very detailed compared to other schools. They asked for tax return information, voter registration status, etc.

Anyone have any issues filling out the supplemental questions for Augusta?

Apologies for the double post, but did anyone receive a confirmation email once they sent in their interview confirmation form and/or lawful presence form?

Apologies for the double post, but did anyone receive a confirmation email once they sent in their interview confirmation form and/or lawful presence form?
No. I emailed Martasha to confirm they had everything and she said it was all good.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got an interview for 9/8! I applied on June 17th, secondary submitted 7/13, received the confirmation email on 8/7, and the interview invite on 8/23. I actually called them yesterday to confirm a small change in my application and got the invite today which I thought was interesting. Anyways, good luck everyone!!!!

Just got an interview invite for 9/15! First interview! I am an AL resident and reapplicant. I applied two cycles ago and didn't get an interview and started my Masters and raised me GPA significantly. 3.14 Science UG compared to a 3.71 Graduate GPA. See you other 9/15 interviewees soon!

Just got an interview invite for 9/15! First interview! I am an AL resident and reapplicant. I applied two cycles ago and didn't get an interview and started my Masters and raised me GPA significantly. 3.14 Science UG compared to a 3.71 Graduate GPA. See you other 9/15 interviewees soon!

Congrats! When you didn't get the interview, did they send you an interview deny email?

Congrats! When you didn't get the interview, did they send you an interview deny email?

Thanks! It's been since 2015 but I'm fairly certain that they did send a interview deny email. I can't remember what time of year it was sent though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any students here whose native language isn't English? I could get the TOEFL requirement waived because I graduated from a university in the US, but what should I put as my answer choice in the "Native Language Information" section of the AADSAS application? I can't say "N/A" because English isn't my native language, but then I also don't have TOEFL scores. This is a required question, so even if I want to submit right now, I can't submit until I somehow answer this question! :oops:

Sorry for the all the questions, but did anyone else have problem indenting or putting a space between each paragraph for all the questions we had to answer under the "Program Materials" section? When I download the PDF, my answers appear as a single block without any spaces between paragraphs, even after I have hit the "enter" button twice.

Great day at DCG today

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
To those who have already interviewed: what did you wear at the meet and greet the night before? Business casual attire? And what exactly was that like?

To those who have already interviewed: what did you wear at the meet and greet the night before? Business casual attire? And what exactly was that like?

Just an hour meeting with d3 students on admissions. They answered questions and gave advice. And dress nice just no tie.

Any students here whose native language isn't English? I could get the TOEFL requirement waived because I graduated from a university in the US, but what should I put as my answer choice in the "Native Language Information" section of the AADSAS application? I can't say "N/A" because English isn't my native language, but then I also don't have TOEFL scores. This is a required question, so even if I want to submit right now, I can't submit until I somehow answer this question! :oops:

I'm a D1 here and yes, call them and they will schedule a phone call appointment for you to have a quick interview with Dr. Hanes (I think), and if you are pretty fluent, they will waive it. After the phone interview they told me to check English as my primary language on the secondary application.
Hope this helps.

Hi, my AADSAS status changed today to invite for interview, but no email from them yet. Should I call them or wait?

No one has posted in awhile....

Interview invite today.
if you haven't heard back don't freak out there are still a lot of interview dates.

Got a phone call yesterday for an interview invite
Reapplicant, In-state
AA/TS/PAT: 21/21/20
oGPA/sGPA: 3.76/3.65

Just wanted to tell everyone there is hope, and I am proof so keep your chin up!
I am a GA resident and am a reapplicant.
Last year I got an interview (invitation email mid-November) but was rejected due to my DAT scores (AA:17 Total Science:17 PAT:21).
I just retook the DAT (AA:18 Total Science:18 PAT:21).
GPA: 3.54
I got an email saying my application is complete on 7/28.
On 8/2 I got an interview invite.
I know some of you may be stressed and worried about scores and GPA. That stuff is important but I truly believe DCG looks for people who have more than numbers. I have a lot of shadowing, volunteering, and research. For those who have had to retake the DAT, it's awful I know but the important part to remember is you did it, AGAIN! That counts for something I think. I know first hand how devastating it can be to work hard and just not cut it. Hard work and determination pays off, don't ever give up on chasing your dream. I wish all of you luck and I hope we can all get into dental school this year!!

Oh wow they gave you an interview but rejected you later because of your scores? I thought Interviews put everyone on an even playing field and you just have to do well. Any advice for interviewing at DCG? Hoping we all can get in here :)

Oh wow they gave you an interview but rejected you later because of your scores? I thought Interviews put everyone on an even playing field and you just have to do well. Any advice for interviewing at DCG? Hoping we all can get in here :)
I think they have two separate committees- one that looks at grades and extracurriculars and then one that interviews. Then they come together to make a decision bc they only accept about half the people they interview. I could be wrong but I thought that's what they told us

I think for the interview invites they look at you overall. I don't think you need to have super high scores to get an invite but they do have a minimum. If that number is the only thing that's not great I think they'll overlook it for an invite. My friends roommate supposedly got in with a AA:15 PAT:16 (three years ago). So I guess anything is possible. I added DCG's DAT stats from last year. There is hope for us, the ones who didn't kill the DAT. I've always said high numbers are great and all but who you are as a person is way more important. Think about it this way, wouldn't you much rather have a dentist who loves what they do and are a good person over someone that makes you freak out every time you sit in their seat because they are just there for the money...

Anywho the best advice I can give you for the interview is just to be yourself. They really just want to get to know you. Be outgoing but respectful and remember you're at an interview. Be involved, do not be shy or talk over people. Think about how excited you are not how nervous you are.

We will all get there. The key is to never give up.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-29 at 5.52.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-29 at 5.52.33 PM.png
    43.6 KB · Views: 115
Interview invite today! I cannot believe I'm typing these words. I am so humbled and grateful! Good luck everyone!

Interview invite!! So excited!

To anyone who has interviewed, what should a woman wear to the meet and greet Sunday night? A casual dress? Pants and a nice top? Probably just no jeans, right?

To anyone who has interviewed, what should a woman wear to the meet and greet Sunday night? A casual dress? Pants and a nice top? Probably just no jeans, right?
Yeah I wore a business casual dress. Definitely wouldn't wear jeans

what does the schedule look like for the second day of the interview?

Just an hour meeting with d3 students on admissions. They answered questions and gave advice. And dress nice just no tie.

How required is this meeting? It makes scheduling things very complicated for me...

For anyone who already interviewed, did you stay in the on campus housing? if so, how was that?

I sent it in over the summer sometime. Around the end of July
Oh wow. Looks like they are taking time to send the interview calls. I sent my application in end of September. Is there any chance?

Sent from my LG-LS997 using SDN mobile

Oh wow. Looks like they are taking time to send the interview calls. I sent my application in end of September. Is there any chance?

Well there were several interview days available in November so you could get one of those depending on your stats!

Well there were several interview days available in November so you could get one of those depending on your stats!
Sorry for a lot of question. But are those interviews only on Mondays?

You're fine! Some were on mondays but others were fridays.

Anyone had interview at Augusta? How was the experience? Was there group interview or personal? How long was the interview and how many interviewers?

Anyone had interview at Augusta? How was the experience? Was there group interview or personal? How long was the interview and how many interviewers?

Personal interviews, two 30 minute interviews !

Thank you. Anyone stayed at Elm Hall during the interview? How was the experience? Do they provide breakfast in the morning?

Thank you. Anyone stayed at Elm Hall during the interview? How was the experience? Do they provide breakfast in the morning?

Nope, no breakfast provided. It's SO convenient, however. Literally right across the street from the school so you feel more relaxed than having to worry about traffic or anything else. Really clean room and good price ($35/night) as well. They do provide several towels, but do bring your own shampoo, body wash and all your other toiletries (I shouldn't have, but somehow I just assumed they would provide sachets of shampoo and a bar of soap lol). I highly recommend staying at Elm hall!

Last edited:
4 years and 3 application cycles later, I finally got an interview!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.