***The Official Dental College of Georgia Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
13 people in the interview group, including myself. All from Georgia except one from South Carolina. Two separate one-on-one interviews lasting 30 minutes each.

Are they open or closed file?

Members don't see this ad.

Are they open or closed file?
Open file, but they do not see your GPA or DAT scores. Some skim the file, and others read more in depth, but that just depends on the interviewer.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just checked my AADSAS app, and under the Decision Status it says “Received/Waiting Additional Information.” I’ve filled out and submitted my secondary, as well as the fee, a couple of weeks ago. Is there something I’m missing??

13 people in the interview group, including myself. All from Georgia except one from South Carolina. Two separate one-on-one interviews lasting 30 minutes each.

how was the reception (where you meet with current students) the night before? How long was it?

how was the reception (where you meet with current students) the night before? How long was it?
Very casual. Mingle with the dental students and other applicants with a Q&A session. About an hour or a little over.

Reactions: 1 user
Interview: #3
School: Dental College of Georgia
Notification date: 8/28/18
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Georgia
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/7/18
AADSAS verified: 6/13/18
Supplemental invite: Glitch in system for early applicants caused delay/had to redo supplemental
Application complete date: 8/8
GPA (science, overall): 3.52
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/19/23/25/NONE
Dates available OR your interview date:September 14 (changing to September 17)

Reactions: 3 users
anyone interviewing on September 24th?? Just got an interview for that day. And if anyone has any experiences, how much does the hotel usually cost for one night?

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone interviewing on September 24th?? Just got an interview for that day. And if anyone has any experiences, how much does the hotel usually cost for one night?

Interviewing on the 24th. My hotel was $170.

Interviewing on the 24th. My hotel was $170.
ugh that's too much for one night. are there any other options? I saw on BC interview FB page that some people get a room and split the cost.

Notification date: 09/11/2018
Residency: GA
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/15/2018
GPA (science, overall): 3.90, 3.87
DAT (AA/TS/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/24/28/none
Interviewing Monday, October 29th

ugh that's too much for one night. are there any other options? I saw on BC interview FB page that some people get a room and split the cost.

I have someone staying with me, but I just spoke with a person from Augusta and she suggested the Quality Inn on Belair-Dyess Pkwy. She said it was decent, they have a good breakfast, and it’s only $69 a night.

I have someone staying with me, but I just spoke with a person from Augusta and she suggested the Quality Inn on Belair-Dyess Pkwy. She said it was decent, they have a good breakfast, and it’s only $69 a night.
I got a night at Quality Inn for $47 lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using SDN mobile

is DCG experiencing an exceptionally large volume of applicants or something? i am a GA resident and my app was "complete and ready for review" on 8/16 . I havent heard anything since then and im getting really anxious:(

is DCG experiencing an exceptionally large volume of applicants or something? i am a GA resident and my app was "complete and ready for review" on 8/16 . I havent heard anything since then and im getting really anxious:(

I don't think so, there've been consistently around 700 applicants per year for a while now, 220 or something interviews and roughly 50% of interviewees get accepted. Good luck!

Hey friends! I have my interview this Monday, the 24th. I was curious what the pre-interview dress code was...? Button up and slacks for the guys? Tie? Coat? Suit? Tux? Bolo tie?

Hey friends! I have my interview this Monday, the 24th. I was curious what the pre-interview dress code was...? Button up and slacks for the guys? Tie? Coat? Suit? Tux? Bolo tie?
Hey! It was business casual. Good luck!

Hey everyone! I am a current D1 and I wanted to wish everyone good luck! Just relax, be yourself, and ask the students the night before at least 1 question. If you have any questions for me, feel free to message me!
You CAN do this!

Does DCG send interview invites on every Tuesday?? o_O

I got my invite to interview yesterday afternoon, for 9/30 - 10/1:soexcited::clap::biglove:@Malka122

Thanks!! How'd your interview go? Who did you interview with?
It was great and so relaxed. I would say it was pretty conversational. I interviewed with the professors but some people interviewed with the other faculty members and admission officers.

Did anyone get a hand written letter from Dr. Regina Messer through mail after interview? Cuz I got one from her today...

Did anyone get a hand written letter from Dr. Regina Messer through mail after interview? Cuz I got one from her today...
Hey bro, I sat next to you (Tyler), you have awesome glasses!
Yeah, I got one as well.

Does anybody in particular know how long it takes between turning in the supplemental application and receiving an interview. I turned my supplemental application in around September 4th and haven't heard anything. Wondering if I should start feeling stressed

Does anybody in particular know how long it takes between turning in the supplemental application and receiving an interview. I turned my supplemental application in around September 4th and haven't heard anything. Wondering if I should start feeling stressed
There isn't a formula for this, it just depends on whose app they get to first. You could email to confirm they got it though! Don't feel stressed, we are all in the same boat!

Just got my interview this Tuesday for Oct 7/8th!! Super excited especially since I have average scores. Can’t wait!!!

I also received one. Did she mention the Impressions Program?

I received one in the mail today. I don’t know if everyone who interviews is getting one, but it seems like it would take a while to write 200+ thank you notes!

Got a letter yesterday. Also interviewed on the 24th.

Interview # 3
School: Dental College of Georgia
Notification date: 10/10/18
Residency: Georgia
AADSAS mail-out date: 08/14/18
Application complete date: 09/06/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.39, 3.55
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/21/21/25/none
Interview Date: October 29th

Status