***The Official Dental College of Georgia Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
finally got the email today!!!!! praise the lord!! i will be interviewing on Monday, October 29th!

@RWB18 @gnabffej I will be interviewing with you guys! maybe we can meet up!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
finally got the email today!!!!! praise the lord!! i will be interviewing on Monday, October 29th!

@RWB18 @gnabffej I will be interviewing with you guys! maybe we can meet up!
Congrats! I'm sure we will see each other there.

Members don't see this ad :)
for people who have already interviewed: around what time does the interview day end?

for people who have already interviewed: around what time does the interview day end?
Ends around 4 or 5 with shadowing in the clinic; you could potentially leave earlier, as shadowing is optional.

Reactions: 1 user
Is it safe to assume that if you are OOS and haven't gotten an interview yet then you are rejected? I got supplemental back in August, but that has been it.

wait, i think I remember Messer mentioning they save seats for the post-dec interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
wait, i think I remember Messer mentioning they save seats for the post-dec interviews.
Can anybody confirm this cause I was under the impression they didn't do post Dec interviews, but if they do definitely gives me a little more hope

Can anybody confirm this cause I was under the impression they didn't do post Dec interviews, but if they do definitely gives me a little more hope
Yes- this is true. I was there at the interview when she mentioned this. They don't want to save up all the seats immediately.

Does the contents of the letter slightly indicate our acceptance though?
I wish this is true :( but you can't write two different ones for so many students while keeping in mind which card goes to which student, right...?

Yes- this is true. I was there at the interview when she mentioned this. They don't want to save up all the seats immediately.
Did they give any indication of how many seats they would save? And when they would notify people for post december interviews?

But those interviews are probably only for instate, right?
Something was wrong with my previous response, so this is a revised one.

It definitely depends. But considering that this is a state school and majority students who matriculate are in state, it's definitely more competitive for OOS. It just depends on how much your application stands out from other OOS applicants'. I believe there were 2/12 OOS students at my interview.

Did they give any indication of how many seats they would save? And when they would notify people for post december interviews?
No, they didn't specify the number of seats and other specifics. She just mentioned that DCG conducts interviews even on Dec. 3rd when the decisions go out.

The professor's answer to a student from my interview group was this: applicants from before 12/3 will also be in the pool for consideration with applicants from post-dec interview if they are not accepted (nor rejected, I'm assuming) on 12/3.

Apparently, DCG is going to start making calls at 6 AM on Monday :) Yay!

Anyone had a status change on AADSAS? Mine has been "invited for interview" since I interviewed in August and this week changed to "Received/Under Review"??

Anyone had a status change on AADSAS? Mine has been "invited for interview" since I interviewed in August and this week changed to "Received/Under Review"??
Just checked, and I am also 'Received/Under Review' after having interviewed in August.

That’s strange, mine hasn’t changed. It still says invited for interview. Has anyone on previous threads mentioned a change of status before December 1st?

Mine also says “received/under review” and my interview was done in November.

Mine also says “received/under review” and my interview was done in November.

I’ve searched on past threads and I can’t find anything about statuses changing near decision day, so there is no telling what is happening!

Anyone have any guess on what the aadsas invited for an interview vs under review means? My gut is telling me the people who are under review are the ones getting in tomorrow...

Anyone have any guess on what the aadsas invited for an interview vs under review means? My gut is telling me the people who are under review are the ones getting in tomorrow...

There’s no telling... I don’t know why they’d change it to a previous status though. The people who hasn’t interviewed still have that status unless they’ve already received a rejection.

Last edited:
Oh okay I was under the impression that invited for an interview was a precious status before “received/under review.”

Accepted!!! Received call from Dr. Messer at 6:50.

I just received my acceptance call around 6:20!

thanks! @braves48 @Bailey19
doesn't seem like they have an order then
I interviewed back in Aug, IS.
The day is still super early so I'll just have to sit tight.

Got my call at 7:39. Interviewed sometime in September! They are doing interviews today and she said that she is trying to get calls out as soon as she can. She is calling when ever she gets time between candidate. As y'all know she is going to be pretty busy with the interview stuff until around lunch time. Not saying you want get calls between now and then, but don't get bummed out. It's still early in the day, good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
Got my call at 7:39. Interviewed sometime in September! They are doing interviews today and she said that she is trying to get calls out as soon as she can. She is calling when ever she gets time between candidate. As y'all know she is going to be pretty busy with the interview stuff until around lunch time. Not saying you want get calls between now and then, but don't get bummed out. It's still early in the day, good luck to everyone!

Dylan did your status change to under review the past couple of days, or did it remain invited for interview?

Dylan did your status change to under review the past couple of days, or did it remain invited for interview?

I'm not sure what it was before, but now it says under review. Hope that helps. I think we interviewed together?

I'm not sure what it was before, but now it says under review. Hope that helps. I think we interviewed together?

Yes we did! I’ve been accepted at another school, but we will see what happens! Congrats!

Hey guys do you think calls are in any particular order? my status on the portal changed from 'invited for interview' to 'under review' but my interview was before some people who have already received acceptances.

Hey guys do you think calls are in any particular order? my status on the portal changed from 'invited for interview' to 'under review' but my interview was before some people who have already received acceptances.
I think it may be alphabetical order. Just a guess on my part.

Status
Not open for further replies.