***The Official Dental College of Georgia Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
any idea what time they stop making calls today? Also so does it seem like those who status changed back to under review get in? Mine still says invited for an interview...

Members don't see this ad.

Ms. Perry called me just now 9:28am! IS, interviewed in August
Like someone mentioned earlier, they are doing interviews today so they are super busy.
Don't think there is a particular order they are calling. just depends how they separated out the list to whoever is calling

btw: AADSAS status = received/under review

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the call at 7:57am! So excited! Also, my aadsas portal says under review. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
If my status is still “invited for interview” does that mean I won’t get a call today? I interviewed late October

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Congrats to those who got in! I got the call at 6:28am and interviewed at the beginning of October. Is there a Facebook page up yet for our class that anyone knows about?

Accepted at 9:56 AM!!!!
Mrs. Perry Called!!!

Has anyone been accepted yet whose aadsas status was invited for an interview?

Dr. Messer called me this morning at 7:18 am, and my AADSAS portal has changed from "invited to interview" to "received/under review."

I am IS (AUG local to be exact), third time applicant, second time interviewer (rejected last year, intervied this cycle on October 1st.), and I also took the DAT four times (and my scores are still buns).

For any applicants who haven't heard back yet, GET OFF OF HERE. From personal experience, I can say that checking this site and reading about others getting the call only made me more stressed/anxious. Also, for those that don't get the call this year... don't quit. I am probably the best example of an average Joe who put his nose to the grind stone, "played the game", shook the right babies, and kissed the right hands and I finally did it.

Thanks to all those on this feed that helped me along this process!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Dr. Messer called me this morning at 7:18 am, and my AADSAS portal has changed from "invited to interview" to "received/under review."

I am IS (AUG local to be exact), third time applicant, second time interviewer (rejected last year, intervied this cycle on October 1st.), and I also took the DAT four times (and my scores are still buns).

For any applicants who haven't heard back yet, GET OFF OF HERE. From personal experience, I can say that checking this site and reading about others getting the call only made me more stressed/anxious. Also, for those that don't get the call this year... don't quit. I am probably the best example of an average Joe who put his nose to the grind stone, "played the game", shook the right babies, and kissed the right hands and I finally did it.

Did your status change this morning or a few days prior?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did your status change this morning or a few days prior?
Unfortunately, I'm not sure exactly what day it changed, but I know it was still "invited for interview" some time toward the end of last week.

So does that mean if your aadsas status is still invited for an interview, you didn’t get in this wave?

So does that mean if your aadsas status is still invited for an interview, you didn’t get in this wave?
That seems to be the pattern on here, but I wouldn't go by that. No matter how many times you check AADSAS or this forum it won't make things speed up any faster. Go do something fun and just let things run their course, it will be worth it I promise!

That seems to be the pattern on here, but I wouldn't go by that. No matter how many times you check AADSAS or this forum it won't make things speed up any faster. Go do something fun and just let things run their course, it will be worth it I promise!
Thank you for the great advice

The class isn’t typically filled on the first day right?

It's not filled in one day because they are still doing interviews today and next week I think. One thing to note is that my call came through as restricted this morning, so make sure to answer all calls!

I basically competley blanked when I got the call so I didn't ask any questions... lol, but did anyone happen to ask when we will receive the acceptance email confirmation?

For those who got accepted, was 404-977-6630 the number you guys received a call??

For those who got accepted, was 404-977-6630 the number you guys received a call??
I was called from 706-721-2991, which is the number for the Oral Biology department I believe (which is where Dr. Messer's office is, who called me, so that makes sense)

This is everything ^. Also we are the same person. I received my call just an hour or so ago so don’t worry too much, friends. Dr. Messer said they’re behind right now. Y’all are good!

This is everything ^. Also we are the same person. I received my call just an hour or so ago so don’t worry too much, friends. Dr. Messer said they’re behind right now. Y’all are good!
Do you have any idea when they will stop calling people today? And what percentage of the class is filled after this first wave. Also congrats on your acceptance!!!!!

Was your status also changed to under review??

For anybody who hadn't interviewed yet and is holding out for the post Dec 3rd interview, have yall heard anything regarding how many interview dates they're doing? Have they sent out rejections yet also? My portal has said "under review" since september so i'm taking it as a plus I haven't heard anything rejection wise, but also curious when they start sending out invites for post December interviews.

Accepted, OOS Arkansas. Call came 2:18pm (CT)

Reactions: 3 users
2016: interview Dec 4/5, rejected Dec 13
2017: interview Aug 21, waitlisted Dec 11, accepted Jan 8.

Accepted at 6:20 AM. Never been more happy to be woken up before my alarm!

I decided to take a break from studying for finals and practicing crown preps to tell you all this:

Congratulations to all of you, regardless if you’re accepted today, next month or next year. I was in your shoes a couple of years ago as an applicant, so I decided I’d reach out and share some tidbits of what I know will happen:

-many of you will get calls before we finish exams next Tue or Wed. Be patient. Some of our admissions faculty are also our course directors, so they have teaching responsibilities to us.

-Folks typically tend to find out if they’re waitlisted a week before Christmas. If you’re waitlisted, you have a strong chance of moving from the list. Most folks often get picked from the waitlist during January, and some even in later months.

-We had one person in our class get accepted the week before classes started, so be open to anything until they say it’s over!

-Dr. Messer and Ms. Perry are very very busy around this time of year, so emailing and calling them might not work best in your favor.

-If you’re not accepted this year, then I promise you that many people in our class who reapplied got accepted the following year—the school has too few spots for so many amazing people!

-Lastly, always keep working on yourself. They love growth and want to see you at your best.

This is a great school, and I’m so glad to receive my training here as a dentist. Keep your head up (as I am), and the blessings will follow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
I decided to take a break from studying for finals and practicing crown preps to tell you all this:

Congratulations to all of you, regardless if you’re accepted today, next month or next year. I was in your shoes a couple of years ago as an applicant, so I decided I’d reach out and share some tidbits of what I know will happen:

-many of you will get calls before we finish exams next Tue or Wed. Be patient. Some of our admissions faculty are also our course directors, so they have teaching responsibilities to us.

-Folks typically tend to find out if they’re waitlisted a week before Christmas. If you’re waitlisted, you have a strong chance of moving from the list. Most folks often get picked from the waitlist during January, and some even in later months.

-We had one person in our class get accepted the week before classes started, so be open to anything until they say it’s over!

-Dr. Messer and Ms. Perry are very very busy around this time of year, so emailing and calling them might not work best in your favor.

-If you’re not accepted this year, then I promise you that many people in our class who reapplied got accepted the following year—the school has too few spots for so many amazing people!

-Lastly, always keep working on yourself. They love growth and want to see you at your best.

This is a great school, and I’m so glad to receive my training here as a dentist. Keep your head up (as I am), and the blessings will follow!

Can you speak on opportunities for student outreach at DCG? I am so torn between DCG and UK, and it’s mostly because I don’t see much of that. Thanks for any input!

I created a Facebook page for “The Dental College of Georgia Class of 2023” if y’all want to join!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know how many more interviews they are conducting? Good luck to everyone here!

Can you speak on opportunities for student outreach at DCG? I am so torn between DCG and UK, and it’s mostly because I don’t see much of that. Thanks for any input!

Umm, there are plenty! Outreach is required of everyone here in a class you have every year called “Clerkship,” so the opportunity always awaits you.

But I’d like to suggest that if you’ve gotten into DCG—your state school with some of the cheapest tuition in the country—don’t let “outreach availability” be what determines where you should be. Tuition debt has ramifications that could last you a lifetime, unless money isn’t a factor to you via scholarships or military. Congratulations again.

Last edited:
Umm, there are plenty! Outreach is required of everyone here in a class you have every year called “Clerkship,” so the opportunity always awaits you.

But I’d like to suggest that if you’ve gotten into DCG—your state school with some of the cheapest tuition in the country—don’t let “outreach availability” be what determines where you should be. Tuition debt has ramifications that could last you a lifetime, unless money isn’t a factor to you via scholarships or military. Congratulations again.

Could you please expand on the outreach opportunities you're referring to. I want to volunteer and use dentistry to aid the under-served while I am a student, so I would love to hear about them, please.

Could you please expand on the outreach opportunities you're referring to. I want to volunteer and use dentistry to aid the under-served while I am a student, so I would love to hear about them, please.

You can go to the veterinarians home and clean their teeth which is really needed. My class did that in the first couple months of our first semester here. There are organization that host different opportunities. You can also go out of the country with a group to provide care. There are many opportunities.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got a call at 4:20pm from Dr. Messer saying I've been accepted! She did inform me that they had just finished voting for today and that she had to make some other calls as well, but I didn't get any other information in regards to how many spots. Good luck to everyone and SO EXCITED FOR NEXT YEAR!!!!

Reactions: 4 users
My status has been changed to under review. Has anyone else who hasn’t heard back from DCG yet have their status change from invited to interview?

My status has been changed to under review. Has anyone else who hasn’t heard back from DCG yet have their status change from invited to interview?

My status has changed from invited to interview to under review as well.

I wonder if that’s an indication that we’re getting a call Monday, or if everyone who was interviewed had a status change. Can anyone else attest to this?

I wonder if that’s an indication that we’re getting a call Monday, or if everyone who was interviewed had a status change. Can anyone else attest to this?
mine still says "invited for interview"

Status
Not open for further replies.