***The Official Dental College of Georgia Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
My status has been changed to under review. Has anyone else who hasn’t heard back from DCG yet have their status change from invited to interview?

I did not get a status change before Ms. Perry called me yesterday! It went from “Invited to Interview” straight to “Offer Made” after we got off the phone! I hope everyone hears back on Monday!!!!!! GOOD LUCK!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I was just accepted recently and I think looking to much into your status on aadsas is a mistake.

Reactions: 1 users
I was just accepted recently and I think looking to much into your status on aadsas is a mistake.

Agreed 100000%!!!!!! I was super stressed waiting for mine to change and then out of nowhere I got the call! Just be patient (I know, easier said than done!)!!

Ms. Perry told me at my interview they will notify everyone by Dec. 18! Also my friend just graduated last year and was on the student committee, he told me that students will find out if they’ve been waitlisted before Christmas and that the list moves pretty quickly! Stay strong y’all!!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody have any insight for people who haven't been invited to interview but also haven't been rejected? I feel like i'm in a weird limbo

Does anybody have any insight for people who haven't been invited to interview but also haven't been rejected? I feel like i'm in a weird limbo

I interviewed in August. No acceptance or rejection yet. AADSAS status “invited for interview”

I would try to hang in there until the 18th! You should know something by then! If not then I’m sure it would be okay to send an email asking for an update.

Also, I don’t think they conduct post December interviews.. I think Dec 3 was the final interview date :/ when I got the phone call, I was told they were finalizing the class.

I would try to hang in there until the 18th! You should know something by then! If not then I’m sure it would be okay to send an email asking for an update.

Also, I don’t think they conduct post December interviews.. I think Dec 3 was the final interview date :/ when I got the phone call, I was told they were finalizing the class.

So do we think the class has been filled completely now?

So do we think the class has been filled completely now?

I'd guess its almost full. I imagine the alternative list and rejections will be sent out this week, possibly all by Thursday. Having said that, I could TOTALLY be wrong!

Last edited:
I got an email a few minutes ago offering me a position on the alternate list

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I got an email a few minutes ago offering me a position on the alternate list

Same. I’m In state, I have an out of state acceptance. But I really wanted DCG. Maybe they will go through the entire list. I wonder how many people are on the alternate list

Same here, I got accepted into another school. Do you know if they will tell us our ranking on the list once we accept the alternate position?

Members don't see this ad :)
Same here, I got accepted into another school. Do you know if they will tell us our ranking on the list once we accept the alternate position?

Sent from my iPhone using

I don’t think they will. But I’m sending my paper in ASAP. Congrats on your acceptance though. Can I ask where?

I’m not sure why my posts aren’t posting individually.

They will not tell you where you are on the list. There are two list though - one for out of state and one for In-state. From past experience, I think the In-state alternative list is around 30 people. Last year it barely moved but previous years ~50% of that list gets accepted.

Well I hope everyone that’s on the waitlist gets accepted!

I got an email and was waitlisted today. Does anyone know when they typically contact people on the waitlist about acceptances?

Those offered acceptances have about a month to return their packets and pay for their deposits. So January is when some people hear back but you they can call you whenever. They can call you the day before classes start and ask you to come (assuming you're next on the list). lol The alternative list is also set in stone so you can't jump from last on the list to first.

If you guys post up the time you got the email it can give you an idea if you're at the top, middle or end of the list. (worked for me last year)

If you guys post up the time you got the email it can give you an idea if you're at the top, middle or end of the list. (worked for me last year)

I got the email at 2:44 pm today.

I got an email and was waitlisted today. Does anyone know when they typically contact people on the waitlist about acceptances?
It really depends on where you are on the list. I know some people heard back in January and my friend heard in April. I was waitlisted as well today.

Do you think having interviewed early dictates where on the list you may be?

Do you think having interviewed early dictates where on the list you may be?

I'm not sure. I interviewed in the first group, got the email at noon, was excepted at the very beginning of Jan . My friend interviewed sometime within a month after me, email around 2pm and got the call late Jan.

From what I know, I was the earliest time as far as emails and I was the first to get a call that I know of. My friends email was around 2pm and she got the call after a few others who had an earlier email time than her.

I'm not sure. I interviewed in the first group, got the email at noon, was excepted at the very beginning of Jan . My friend interviewed sometime within a month after me, email around 2pm and got the call late Jan.

From what I know, I was the earliest time as far as emails and I was the first to get a call that I know of. My friends email was around 2pm and she got the call after a few others who had an earlier email time than her.
okay, gotcha! I will patiently wait and see what happens. Thanks for the info!

I applied there and never heard back. I got in to LSU

Did anyone get an acceptance packet in the mail yet?

I received everything via email last week. Already submitted letter of acceptance and deposit and background check.
Okay. Thanks. I got a million e-mails from them too, but also received mail that seemed to be part of a packet.

I was told they accept anywhere from 13-26 people from the waitlist each year! That’s good news! Best of luck to everyone holding out for a spot at DCG!!

Reactions: 2 users
Okay. Thanks. I got a million e-mails from them too, but also received mail that seemed to be part of a packet.
I received something in the mail yesterday. It was the same letter of acceptance that was emailed.

Everyone in our class (2022) passed this year! This is rare but will hopefully mean more spots for you guys. So, any spots they were holding open in case any of us failed will be filled now. Happy Holidays everyone!

Reactions: 5 users
I didn’t know they did that! Maybe they will start picking from the waitlist??

I just got a phone call. I got in off the waitlist. So it’s moving!! Good luck everyone

Reactions: 3 users
declined my spot, hopefully one of you gets it!

Does anyone have any updates on how many have officially accepted? I think the Facebook group is showing 96, but I’m sure there are some current students in the group.

Thanks. I have no idea how many people have gotten in from the waitlist but the member size of the Facebook group has increased this week. Some of them are current students though. Fingers crossed for you all.

Thanks. I have no idea how many people have gotten in from the waitlist but the member size of the Facebook group has increased this week. Some of them are current students though. Fingers crossed for you all.
Gotcha! It's the only place I got an interview and got waitlisted.

Last edited:
is it safe to assume that DCG has has filled all of their seats for the 2023 class? there has been no activity on this page for about a month and a half now

is it safe to assume that DCG has has filled all of their seats for the 2023 class? there has been no activity on this page for about a month and a half now
Yeah the class is filled but its always possible that people decline their offer later on which may open up seats for people on the waitlist. I'm still patiently waiting. My friend was on the waitlist last year and she got a spot in mid April.

Status
Not open for further replies.