***The Official Dental College of Georgia Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

what do you mean by the l”3 attempt rule” ?
Pretty much how I understand it is:
If you keep applying to DCG without improving your application or putting any attempt into becoming a stronger better candidate. They won't consider your application after the 3rd attempt. Obviously if you're improving your application each cycle you don't have to worry about this.

This extends into interviews also - I.e if you get 3 interview invites and don't get in at all then they will not look at your application (This is currently my situation for the people who have read earlier in the thread.)

This rule, as from what I've heard, was put into place by the new dean of the school a couple years ago. Also note that this is a rule and rules are to be broken from time to time so don't give up. Talk to admissions and they are usually very accommodating.

Remember, this is how I understand it - I'm not the all knowing admissions god of DCG.
Feel free to message me if you have more questions.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Are they not offering invites to re-applicants this year? Lol
I'm a re-applicant. I interviewed there last year year, but did not hear from them until November about my interview. I had a lower DAT score last year that barely met the cut-off so I retook it and scored higher but, I also haven't heard anything from them this year so kinda worried about that.

I'm a re-applicant. I interviewed there last year year, but did not hear from them until November about my interview. I had a lower DAT score last year that barely met the cut-off so I retook it and scored higher but, I also haven't heard anything from them this year so kinda worried about that.
Wow! Until November?!?! What was the reason you got rejected last year?

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow! Until November?!?! What was the reason you got rejected last year?
Yes, last year I got my invite November 14 and it was 12 days notice before my actual interview. One section of my DAT was a 15 last year and I had an 18 AA because of it (I retook this year and scored much higher). So that is why I thought I had the late interview last year, but many people in my group had higher stats than me and didn’t apply late so I’m unsure of the interview order. I tried to follow up with why I got rejected, but unfortunately they never got back with me. As far as the interview itself, it was pretty easy and I felt very comfortable. My thoughts to why I may have been rejected was that maybe other students were more outspoken than me (I can be a bit shy in group settings) or that other students stood out more to than I did as an applicant and I needed to shine more in other areas.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, last year I got my invite November 14 and it was 12 days notice before my actual interview. One section of my DAT was a 15 last year and I had an 18 AA because of it (I retook this year and scored much higher). So that is why I thought I had the late interview last year, but many people in my group had higher stats than me and didn’t apply late so I’m unsure of the interview order. I tried to follow up with why I got rejected, but unfortunately they never got back with me. As far as the interview itself, it was pretty easy and I felt very comfortable. My thoughts to why I may have been rejected was that maybe other students were more outspoken than me (I can be a bit shy in group settings) or that other students stood out more to than I did as an applicant and I needed to shine more in other areas.
Wow. Good job on your recent DAT! I hope you will get in this year!!

I know they say it means nothing but has anyone else status in AADAS been updated to received/under review from invited to interview?

Hopefully they’re changing the statuses all throughout the week if it is a good sign

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck to everyone tomorrow!!

Reactions: 3 users
I know a few people who have gotten accepted! Is there a DCG 2024 Facebook page?

Are they still making calls?

Got an acceptance all at 11:57am! My last name starts with P!

when did you guys interview? and will they continue to call throughout the rest of the week?

Do they call throughout the week? didn't know if many people have heard back about acceptances/waitlist/rejections.

Do they call throughout the week? didn't know if many people have heard back about acceptances/waitlist/rejections.
I know of someone who applied this cycle and interviewed towards the end of October. They said they still have not received an update from DCG as of yet. Historically, they do make phone calls throughout the week to inform candidates of their acceptance. By the looks of the Facebook page, it seems as though at least 30 individuals have been accepted. Based on last years thread, they notified candidates on the 11th if they were on waitlist or if they were rejected. There's still time, they might just be super busy!

I’ll be attending dental school somewhere else next year because I didn’t get an interview from DCG this year, but if it helps to those still waiting, DCG sent my rejection letter last year on Dec 11. So I’m guessing you can hear anything up until then, but idk??

Has everyone thats been accepted had their status change from "Invited for Interview" to "Received/Under Review"? I saw someone post about this earlier but I still haven't heard from DCG and my status changed to this about two weeks ago!! Anxious

I didn't hear back and sent a letter of interest yesterday, they emailed me with a rejection today said they have made all their decisions Monday

also my status changed from invited to interview to received/under review but I don't think that means much

I didn't hear back and sent a letter of interest yesterday, they emailed me with a rejection today said they have made all their decisions Monday

also my status changed from invited to interview to received/under review but I don't think that means much
From previous threads, I thought they make decisions through January also. Have they started sending waitlist emails yet?

Historically speaking DCG would do waitlist next week then rejections directly afterwards.

Historically speaking DCG would do waitlist next week then rejections directly afterwards.
Well apparently they already started sending out rejection letters. Hopefully they plan on accepting more people. Their Facebook page does have a class full of people in the but that may not be a good indicator.

So they made all of their decisions Monday, but have they called everyone?

So if we didn't receive a call on Monday it means we're either rejected or on the waitlist? Why wouldn't they already send that information out if they're certain? I didn't see a lot of people post about being accepted on all of the pre-dental Facebook pages so I think we should all keep our hopes up!! Also, someone told me DCG stated they'd send all updates by Christmas!

No, I was told they wouldn't look at my application back in September.
You have been so helpful to us all. I admire your persistence and hope you get in somewhere. Otherwise we need to start a petition

You have been so helpful to us all. I admire your persistence and hope you get in somewhere. Otherwise we need to start a petition
Thank you for your kind words, It has been a wild ride this year.

An quick update for those who've asked:
I had a meeting with Mrs. Perry after I found out they wouldn't look at my application at all. It came down to getting three interviews and not getting down right accepted (ie. waitlist doesn't count). Mrs. Perry told me to write a letter for reconsideration to Dr. Messer and herself and we would see where it goes. I wrote a beautiful letter and admissions still said no to reconsideration. It was worth a shot, I tried everything but I will unfortunately not be attending DCG.

Good luck to everyone, if anyone has questions feel free to message me.
-V