****The Official ECU Class of 2018 Thread****

Glimmer1991

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey!

Any other in-staters applying with me? :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

I am applying to ECU this cycle as well. Good luck to you, although apparently you won't need any with those unearthly DAT and GPA statistics...:naughty:

I am applying to ECU this cycle as well. Good luck to you, although apparently you won't need any with those unearthly DAT and GPA statistics...:naughty:

Welcome to SDN, blackhawk! I'm glad I'm not the only one on here applying to ECU... although I know we're a definite minority because ECU only accepts in-staters! (Which just helps our chances, LOL!)

Thank you for the compliment! I've really busted my butt in undergrad and am hoping it will pay off with my applications. :) Have you submitted your app yet? I know ECU also has a secondary, but from browsing previous threads, I don't think we'll receive it until July.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in it with y'all in too. Taking the DAT tomorrow... Lets get this cycle started!

I'm in it with y'all in too. Taking the DAT tomorrow... Lets get this cycle started!

GOOD LUCK! I'm sure you'll come out with awesome scores... and man, does it feel great to be done with it! :D

Im currently waitlisted but applied again this cycle! Im excited!

Can't wait to go through this application cycle with you guys :)

I wonder when we'll start to hear back from ECU. It's sort of hard to tell from old threads because A) ECU is a new school and B) there aren't that many applicants because they only accept in-staters.

I'd really like to get started on the secondary! :)

I think it will be mid-late July, but the good thing is there are only 4 essays. You only have 10 days from the tome you get the email to submit the supp. The questions change each cycle though. The first one is always "Why ecu"? Hope this helps :)

I think it will be mid-late July, but the good thing is there are only 4 essays. You only have 10 days from the tome you get the email to submit the supp. The questions change each cycle though. The first one is always "Why ecu"? Hope this helps :)

Yes, it does! I suppose I'll start on the first one. Thanks! :D

I just checked my old emails and I got the supplemental application June 28 2012. So maybe it will be soon!

I just checked my old emails and I got the supplemental application June 28 2012. So maybe it will be soon!

Wow, that's much earlier than I thought! I've already started on the "why ECU" question this morning but am eager to finish the whole thing. It's my last supplement! :)

Got the supplement! However, the part that's supposed to say how many days we have to return it is messed up. Gonna call about that...

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the supplement! However, the part that's supposed to say how many days we have to return it is messed up. Gonna call about that...

Same here! Yeah, please lemme know what they say about the reply deadline :)

I'm guessing you got the corrected e-mail? :) 10 days.

I find these questions more difficult than those for UNC. Are you guys doing 3-4 paragraphs for each? There essentially isn't a limit.

Yeah the limit is 32,000 characters- that's insane for five questions. Probably won't be writing more than a couple of paragraphs for each one.

Last edited:
Yeah the limit is 32,000 characters- that's insane for five questions.

LOL, they're essay questions, not "novel" questions! I think they're just giving us all the space in the world, which is nice... but I'll try to be as concise as possible! :D

This question about a failed leadership experience is killing me! I can't think of anything! It's not that I don't mess things up, it's just that I can't come up with a compelling response for something I've messed up in a "leadership" position.

This question about a failed leadership experience is killing me! I can't think of anything! It's not that I don't mess things up, it's just that I can't come up with a compelling response for something I've messed up in a "leadership" position.

I'm sure you'll come up with something, Glimmer :)

I got the supplemental today, and they just "mailed" out my application today so I am thinking they are electronic!

They're all electronic. I checked with AADSAS. :)

Submitted! Yay!

I know ECU can't have that many apps to look at because they only get NC applicants, so hopefully we'll hear back soon!

I've always felt sorry for those 36 poor souls who applied OOS... LOL!

Hahaha I noticed that too! That really is unfortunate!

I'm an undergrad at ECU and I've visited Ross Hall numerous times. They have some awesome technology and the staff there are very friendly. I remember attending one of their seminars and one of the doctors opened up his speech with: "You will never get bored with dentistry. I have always had fun in my dental career. The possibilities are endless."

I understand that not many dental programs agree with ECU's approach but they are new and this gives them flexibility to change if they need.

Overall its a great school.

Good luck everyone.
( I swear I am not getting paid to promote their school:D)

I'm applying there too. The fact that they look at apps w/o a dat makes me happy, I haven't taken mine yet! Hopefully they'll get back to me soon :)

I'm applying there too. The fact that they look at apps w/o a dat makes me happy, I haven't taken mine yet! Hopefully they'll get back to me soon :)

I think many schools will look at an application without DAT scores, but they won't send an interview invite until a DAT score comes in.

Has anyone received an email from ECU after submitting their supplemental? Thank you!

Has anyone received an email from ECU after submitting their supplemental? Thank you!

Nope. However, I e-mailed them yesterday to ask if they had gotten everything they needed from me and they responded this morning. Very nice people! :)

They are the nicest people I have ever met in my entire life. The admissions committee came and sat down in my section at work and I waited on them. :) of course, I was screaming like a little girl on the inside -_____- and made sure they were taken care of!

They are the nicest people I have ever met in my entire life. The admissions committee came and sat down in my section at work and I waited on them. :) of course, I was screaming like a little girl on the inside -_____- and made sure they were taken care of!

That is so neat!!

Who here actually goes to ECU?

Arrrgh!!!!!!

Its always a good day to be a pirate!!!! Arrrgh!!!

Im so nervous for my DAT next week. eeeeeekkkkkk ahhhhhhh

I'm thinking that maybe the 15th (or just next week in general) will finally be time. Last year, the first interviews were sent out on the 16th, which was a Thursday.

YAY! Please ECU, we're all awesome! And we think you're awesome, too! :D :thumbup:

Hey, guys! Any updates? :)

Nothing yet. Did anyone receive an under review email though? Last year, I received an email saying "requirements met" and that my application was being reviewed. This year, I haven't received anything after the "Thank you for your payment" email after submitting the supplemental.

Nothing yet. Did anyone receive an under review email though? Last year, I received an email saying "requirements met" and that my application was being reviewed. This year, I haven't received anything after the "Thank you for your payment" email after submitting the supplemental.

I just checked and got the "under review" email this past July 5, 2013. Last year it was helpful when AADSAS had the "supplemental info" tab because I realized thru that I was missing something for ecu specifically.

not really an update, but i did notice that they've added the class of 2017 profile on their website recently, which is always interesting to look at as we sit here waiting anxiously! :)

:poke:
Guys, I am so anxious! Anyone have any updates? I called earlier in the week just to make sure they hadn't started giving out any invites, and the nice lady told me they hadn't. :)

:poke:
Guys, I am so anxious! Anyone have any updates? I called earlier in the week just to make sure they hadn't started giving out any invites, and the nice lady told me they hadn't. :)

No updates. Did you ask her when they plan on giving out invites?

No updates. Did you ask her when they plan on giving out invites?

I didn't ask, even though I wanted to... I figured if she wanted to tell me, she would have! I didn't want to be "that person," you know?! LOL! :laugh: I seriously hope it's soon, though. They were sent out much earlier last year.

I didn't ask, even though I wanted to... I figured if she wanted to tell me, she would have! I didn't want to be "that person," you know?! LOL! :laugh: I seriously hope it's soon, though. They were sent out much earlier last year.

Lol did they ask your name? It is kind of an awkward question to ask without being prompted

Lol did they ask your name? It is kind of an awkward question to ask without being prompted

No, they didn't ask... but I blurted it out before I even thought about it! I honestly had planned on not giving it so I wouldn't be pegged as some annoying applicant who hit them up with questions! :laugh: I just usually introduce myself, so it was second nature. Whoops!

Does anyone have the guts to call and ask when they might start? ;)