Status
Not open for further replies.

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Link to last year's thread: ***The Official Harvard Dental Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

For all you gunners out there: here's your thread.

Link to interview prep: Harvard School of Dental Medicine Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Lol I was wondering when someone was gonna make this.

Reactions: 1 user
You guys could've just as easily made this on your own......shouldn't have to have things handed to you :rolleyes: esp if you're applying to Harvard

Anyways, I'm outtie :ninja:

Reactions: 1 users
They called my phone to extend an invite but then I woke up :/. But on a serious note has anyone interviewed?

Reactions: 4 users
first interview day: September 21st

Good luck everyone

Reactions: 5 users
Does Harvard send out supplementals selectively to people they want to extend interviews to?

My status just changed from app complete to under review last week. Has anyone received a supplemental or heard anything? I saw one invite a while ago, but not on here.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received an "app complete, forwarded for review" email?

Mine was changed to under review as well! Late application in September, but really look forward to hearing from them!

Interview #7
Submitted July 20
27AA(26TS,23GC,30OC,30RC,27QR,25Bio,23PAT)
Got phone call today (10/9)

Reactions: 5 users
Also got an interview phone call today (10/9)
Submitted August 8
28AA/28TS (26Bio, 27GC, 30OC)/25PAT/27RC/30QR

When is your interview?
Didn't schedule one today. I told her I needed a day to get some things straightened out and to make sure I'm not missing anymore exams lol. I think I'm gonna try to get the 29th though if possible.

Didn't schedule one today. I told her I needed a day to get some things straightened out and to make sure I'm not missing anymore exams lol. I think I'm gonna try to get the 29th though if possible.

Just scheduled for October 22.

Does anyone know when Harvard interviews till and if they offer 1st year scholarships?

Does anyone know when Harvard interviews till and if they offer 1st year scholarships?
They interview Mondays and Fridays.
I don’t know how late they interview, but I know they go beyond December 1st.
Yes, they offer first year scholarships (max: half tuition).

Just scheduled my interview for November. What do you guys think about HSDM?
Congratulations!
I interviewed last cycle, loved it.
The students weren’t stressed. They have plenty of time outside the classroom to shadow and attend talks. The upperclassmen seem to really know their stuff. Everyone matches into their top pick. The only downside would be price, which is something I would have trouble justifying if I had gotten in.

You’ll get a much better picture of the program talking to current students though. Not many on these forums know much about HSDM since they interview and accept so little.

I thought it was by far my favorite interview day that I’ve had. Maybe it was just because it was Harvard, but whatever lol. I had a blast, everyone was great, got a very clear picture of the program, and I definitely want to go there now. Also, it was just 2 other people besides me, so it was really personal and nice.

I just interviewed on Monday, and share some similar thoughts to other people on here -- it was great (as expected because it's Harvard). There were some things that I didn't like as much, but it might just be me personally. Feel free to message me if you have any specific questions though!

Are they still handing out interviews? I may be a bit weak on community service/volunteering, but with a 25 AA DAT, 3.98 GPA, and unconventional major (comp sci) I was quite hoping for one...

To those that have interviewed at both Harvard and Columbia (guessing a very small number at this point), did one seem preferable to the other?

Are they still handing out interviews? I may be a bit weak on community service/volunteering, but with a 25 AA DAT, 3.98 GPA, and unconventional major (comp sci) I was quite hoping for one...

To those that have interviewed at both Harvard and Columbia (guessing a very small number at this point), did one seem preferable to the other?
Weak ECs? Might as well cross Harvard off of your list.

As someone who is genius to get this high in a very complicated major such as Computer science, the sky is the limit to your potential really, you can go places with your degree.

You can start your own app and update
Harvard, they like such stuff. ( like you can start an app about the best restaurants nearby or an app that include interview tips for pre-health students and mock interviews videos)

But yeah, I would
increase my community service hours and update the schools! I mean you can start now and update the schools! Like feed for America and such other places where you can do more volunteering.

You still have time to change things around to your
favor.

Lol, a minute after I wrote the above reply, Harvard sent me an update that my application is complete and I need to pay the fee. No, this is not an invitation I know, but it means they are still looking at people, so we should not lose hope.

Last edited:
Lol, a minute after I wrote the above reply, Harvard sent me an update that my application is complete and I need to pay the fee. No, this is not an invitation I know, but it means they are still looking at people, so we should not lose hope.

when did you apply?

when did you apply?
I honestly applied for most schools on 24/25th of October!
I applied to Harvard on the 28th of October because I remembered my brother telling me to apply to Columbia as I am gonna regret it if I didn't try, so I said why not Harvard lol
He also said, applying like a Roulette game, the more you apply, the more chances you get, so I did as he suggested and I applied to 25 schools.
But now my university does not allow me to take
anatomy because I have graduated and they say unless you apply again to a bio major you can't take this class, so I feel even by sheer luck Harvard considers me, I can't take anatomy :(

I honestly applied for most schools on 24/25th of October!
I applied to Harvard on the 28th of October because I remembered my brother telling me to apply to Columbia as I am gonna regret it if I didn't try, so I said why not Harvard lol
He also said, applying like a Roulette game, the more you apply, the more chances you get, so I did as he suggested and I applied to 25 schools.
But now my university does not allow me to take
anatomy because I have graduated and they say unless you apply again to a bio major you can't take this class, so I feel even by sheer luck Harvard considers me, I can't take anatomy :(

But Harvard doesn't require Anatomy! I don't remember matching it on AADSAS.

But Harvard doesn't require Anatomy! I don't remember matching it on AADSAS.

They don't... then my anger yesterday after recieving an email saying that I can't take the course was for
nothing huh :smack:
Thank you for telling me that. I still need to take it though.

They don't... then my anger yesterday after recieving an email saying that I can't take the course was for
nothing huh :smack:
Thank you for telling me that. I still need to take it though.

Good luck ;)

Accepted at 11:30am EST today

Was also accepted yesterday at around 11:00 AM! Honestly gonna have a hard time deciding where to go but congrats to everyone else on their acceptances as well!

Interviewed last Friday, the 30th. Apparently, the committee meets every Wednesday so don't expect an acceptance until the Wednesday/Thursday after your interview.

Interview #7! Just got the call. January 18th is the date Im doing if anyone else is doing that day. :)

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.