1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

The official how to get in after you have been waitlisted thread!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by calipaww, Nov 8, 2002.

1. calipaww

calipaww Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Okay guys , I have been waitlisted at 3 schools so far!!! and now its time to work the system and get in. Any suggestions? Is it too early to start making phone calls and writing letters. Im sure many people are in this boat right? Especially people from last year your input is needed!!!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Adcadet

Adcadet Long way from Gate 27
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    have you tried calling each of the schools and seeing what they recommend? I know some tend to be very receptive to updated/additional information (Wake Forest seems to have been mentioned before) whereas others apparently refuse any additional information.

My guess is that if you're waitlisted at 3 schools, you stand a good shot of getting in off at least one of the waitlists.

What schools in particular?

4. Random Access

Random Access 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

If one of them is your top choice, a letter of intent. But only if it's your top choice...

5. ::Seabass::

::Seabass:: bringing burkas back!
    7+ Year Member

i just bumped a thread "some helpful waitlist info" I think the link goes to some great info.

6. DrBlueDevil

10+ Year Member

yeah the letter of intent idea is a great one....I kept sending them to my top choice school, and it worked.

7. marakah2

marakah2 Member
    7+ Year Member

at northwestern they told us that if you are waitlisted call every 10 days or so (or email).

when pulling people off the wait list they said tat they take the person who has shown the most interest, i.e. - who has called most

8. kaos

kaos Web Crawler
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
  9. LizardKing

LizardKing Veteran Member
    7+ Year Member

I was on several waitlists last year, and ended up getting into UMichigan and Hopkins. I didn't call any of the schools. I sent formal letters of interest with updates on grades and activities. I sent about two letters to each school.

I would make contact with the schools soon, but it's perfectly ok to wait. It's too early in the game, and waitlist movement won't occur until after May 15. They really don't meet to pull people off the list until after that date (at most schools).

Although I never called, it might be a good idea. But it's often difficult to get the Dean on the phone, and it might come across as buttering up. If you know how to finesse it, though, then by all means do it. Every 10 days is kinda excessive...

10. kaos

kaos Web Crawler
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Thanks for the input! Come on, we need more like this! PLEEEEEEAAAASEEE! :clap: