--=The Official I've Heard from CCOM post-December-interview Thread=--

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MaximusD

Anatomically Incorrect
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you've interviewed this month and were told "you will hear back before Christmas", please post here if you've gotten a final decision on your application (rejection/waitlist/acceptance...).

This is only for MWU - CCOM interviewees.

Best of luck to everyone!!

Members don't see this ad.

I called Midwestern and have been informed that the admissions committee will meet later this week. We will probably hear back next week after the dean has signed off on the decisions.

Best of luck to everyone... i will bump this thread on Thursday and Friday in case anyone gets an update via phone or on the MWU interact now acct.

FYI... from my experience (I got in on the 2nd batch and I think this is the 3rd batch) and stalking the the thread for the first batch of students that got accepted, they review on thursday, then make calls on Friday afternoon and then finish early the week after. Interact now gets updated last and was really slow for me.

Watch out for that 630 area code (I think)... when your phone's a ringing, your hearts gonna be bumpin. Good luck :)

Members don't see this ad :)
FYI... from my experience (I got in on the 2nd batch and I think this is the 3rd batch) and stalking the the thread for the first batch of students that got accepted, they review on thursday, then make calls on Friday afternoon and then finish early the week after. Interact now gets updated last and was really slow for me.

Watch out for that 630 area code (I think)... when your phone's a ringing, your hearts gonna be bumpin. Good luck :)

:thumbup: Thanks so much supervic8. A much-needed post. Although Friday is gonna be hell now :scared: My heart's kind of bumpin right now just thinking about it.

Hey guys... I'm currently an MS1 here at CCOM, and I was talking to a prof on the adcom. Acceptances were made today and someone from my Alma Mater, PSU, was accepted!! Yay for him/her...

Good Luck everyone else...I'd assume you'll be hearing tomorrow.

Hey guys... I'm currently an MS1 here at CCOM, and I was talking to a prof on the adcom. Acceptances were made today and someone from my Alma Mater, PSU, was accepted!! Yay for him/her...

Good Luck everyone else...I'd assume you'll be hearing tomorrow.

Not funny if this is someone messing with me. I'm a Penn Stater... :eek:

If there was a finger crossing emoticon it'd be up here...

drmax:

What is the probability that another Penn Stater was in the same group of applicants being considered at that meeting of the AdCom. Possible, but not likely.

Sounds like unoffical congratulations are in order! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Haha, I'm not messing with you. Didn't realize you went to PSU. I hope you're the Penn Stater that got in.

Go to Zeno's ever? I miss that place.

skellerdweller:

Thanks buddy but don't jinx it.

PSU_CCOM

How was it adjusting to life in Chicagoland? The Downers-Grove area seemed really nice for my very short visit. I traveled to Chicago a lot as a kid, and all I can remember is that I loved it there... I can't say that I liked the traffic and the roads don't make sense, but it's prob just bc I had no idea where I was going!

I hope that tomorrow evening I'm celebrating :)

Members don't see this ad :)
No news yet, sorry guys. I'm excited to hear, but according to the office receptionist, she hasnt't heard anything yet. She says that the dean needs to sign off on each acceptance. She didn't hint either way.

I'M IN!! I was about to get the call, but I called in and they told me.

Oh God, when I got my acceptance to WVSOM, I failed the test that day in genetics... must study for micro final... talk to you guys later!

:cool:

Congratulations! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Screw micro! Head down to the Skeller (or your watering hole of choice) for some serious celebrating!

I'M IN!! I was about to get the call, but I called in and they told me.

Oh God, when I got my acceptance to WVSOM, I failed the test that day in genetics... must study for micro final... talk to you guys later!

:cool:

Way to go, and good luck on your final!

congrats man

How did you find out over the phone max? when i called they said they dont give decisions over the phone...they didnt ask for my name or anything, what did you say??...and congratulations.

How did you find out over the phone max? when i called they said they dont give decisions over the phone...they didnt ask for my name or anything, what did you say??...and congratulations.

Um, I don't know. I don't want to get anyone in trouble. It was my impression that they give out calls for acceptances... They tend to resist giving answers over the phone, though, when called.

Have you tried today? I think they just got the decisions signed off on by the dean/higher-upper.

the lady i talked to said that she didnt give decisions over the phone, maybe she doesnt know what shes talking about...but what exactly did you ask when u called the admissions office

the lady i talked to said that she didnt give decisions over the phone, maybe she doesnt know what shes talking about...but what exactly did you ask when u called the admissions office

I asked when we'd find out about the decisions. She said "hold on" and I think she asked the head honcho whether she could tell me. She came back and told me that he had just sent over some of the decisions and she said Congratulations, etc...

Maybe they're getting a lot of calls today. I called early so maybe they hadn't yet decided if they were going to give decisions over the phone. They might have decided later to not do so... Who knows... Best of luck!

i called again, and they said decisions are being mailed out this week. Also, she said they sometimes call but they dont give decisions over the phone...so i guess i have to wait..did ure interact now update

i called again, and they said decisions are being mailed out this week. Also, she said they sometimes call but they dont give decisions over the phone...so i guess i have to wait..did ure interact now update

lol did you get them pissed off at me? Did you say, "a guy named Max on SDN said he got called"? oh good lord they're regretting letting me in :rolleyes:

And, my midwestern interact now page didn't update yet... From previous threads, I think it takes up to a week to catch up. Best of luck to you!!!

If you don't mind me asking, what are your stats like. Their avgs are something like 3.5, 26 MCAT. This year, i'll probably pull down that GPA avg tho :laugh: It's a give-and-take I think my MCAT and how long I worked on the essay may have paid off. Have you heard from any other schools yet (You don't have a mdapplicants profile)?

I feel like a loser responding to my own post so many times...but here is some relevant info:

I called again and it turns out that they had decided not to give all of the decisions out via phone this time around. I apparently called in before the decision was made as I guessed. They did send out the decisions though today, because the dean had just signed off on them. So you'll prob get that by mid-late week. Best of luck!

Oh and my interact now still hasn't updated. They told me that there is something I must do to change the status when I receive the acceptance letter.

so has anyone else received a phone call, because i havent received anything yet and am really worried. Hey DrMax,how many times did you call today and roughly what times?? i called today and got a voice mail... man i'm worried.. hahaha... best of luck everyone!!

I recieved a call Tuesday morning (9/19). I'm in & I can barely contain myself. :D

Others with acceptances, when did you interview? I was there on 12/4.

12/6

12/4 was a monday wasn't it!? They only let me interview on Tues, Wed, or Thurs...grrr. I had to miss more class bc of that..

Oh well no matter I'm in!