The Official July 2, 2014 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

johnnytest

MS-4
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else taking it this July 2nd?!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Test Date: 7/2/2014
FL AAMC Average: xx
Post-test expected score: xx
Actual Score: ( PS / V / BS) xx (x/x/x)
Comments:

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
FL AAMC Average: 30
Post-test expected score: 28
Actual Score: ( PS / V / BS) 34 (10/12/12)
Comments: Wow! I can't believe this is real. I got a 26 last August. I'm so happy! TPR FTW.

Reactions: 10 users
FL AAMC Average: 31.8
Post-test expected score: 25-30
Actual Score: ( PS / V / BS) 32 (9/9/14)
Comments:

Extremely happy to see 30+. I $h** my pants a little. I knew that PS was gonna be rough and I hit my average on VR. Blown away by BS though. Dunno about that 9 9 14 spread but I'll take it. Can anyone comment on how med schools would view a 9 in two sections and then a 14?

PS 9 V 11 B 14 Total 34

Calling parents before I post more.... REALLY disappointed about physics, because I know I could have done better =/

FL AAMC Average: 32
Actual Score: ( PS / V / BS) 30(12/6/12)

Idk what to do. My old score is a 31 with 11/10/10.

FL AAMC Average: 35.5
Post-test expected score: 32-36
Actual Score: ( PS / V / BS) 38 (11/13/14)
Comments:
So, so happy. Wow

Reactions: 7 users
FL AAMC Average: 30
Actual Score: ( PS / V / BS) 34 (10/12/12)
Comments: Wow! I can't believe this is real. I got a 26 last August. I'm so happy! TPR FTW.

omg your post made my day!

Reactions: 1 users
FL AAMC Average: 26.8
Post-test expected score: Had no clue
Actual Score: ( PS / V / BS) 30 (10/9/11)
Comments: MY FIRST TIME!! No retake for me!!

FL AAMC: ranged from 33 to 39 Usual: PS 12 V 11 BS 12/13
Post-test expected score: ( PS / V / BS) (11/11/13)
Actual Score: ( PS / V / BS) 35 (10/11/14)
Comments: So the Physics was as bad as it felt. I only scored below an 11 once on AAMC, but I'm still psyched overall. Didn't actually expect a 14 in BS even though it felt super easy. I was always between 11 and 12 on verbal so I'm fine with 11. No way I'm taking it again even though I know I could do better on physics. I don't want them to think 14 on bio was a fluke.

Why the MCAT is so fun?

Reactions: 2 users
FL AAMC Average: 31.9.
Post-test expected score: 32
Actual Score: ( PS / V / BS) 33 (11/10/12)
Comments: Happy with the 33! I got a 31 in January...now just gotta finish my secondaries. Weird though, I felt like I did better in PS than in BS, but it turned out to be the other way around!

FL AAMC Average: 32.6
Post-test expected score: 29-30
Actual Score: ( PS / V / BS): 32 (11/9/12)
Comments: This is my second time taking it, I received a score of 11/6/14 last time. So, I am glad I was able to improve verbal but, I am disappointed I did not get a 10. :/. I am applying this cycle and I am not going to re-take. Does anyone know how medical schools will view my scores? I did get a 14 last time in BS. Mixed feelings right now.

FL AAMC Average: 35.5
Post-test expected score: 32-36
Actual Score: ( PS / V / BS) 38 (11/13/14)
Comments:
So, so happy. Wow

This is truly an outstanding score. Your effort embraces the all-American ideals that we all endeavour to espouse. That 13 in verbal...wow...your reading, so hot. So attractive. So American.

FL AAMC Average: 34.8, Last 3 AAMC scores were 38, 36, 38
Post-test expected score: 32 (10/10/12)
Actual Score: ( PS / V / BS) 37 (14/10/13)
Comments: I thought I bombed PS... crazy...

Comments: This is my second time taking it, I received a score of 11/6/14 last time. So, I am glad I was able to improve verbal but, I am disappointed I did not get a 10. :/. I am applying this cycle and I am not going to re-take. Does anyone know how medical schools will view my scores? I did get a 14 last time in BS. Mixed feelings right now.

A 32 with a 9 >>>>> A 31 with a 6.

Be happy and :hardy:

This test date is by far the most inspirational..
thank you to all of you for making my MCAT studying that much easier.

Reactions: 5 users
PS 9 V 11 B 14 Total 34

Calling parents before I post more.... REALLY disappointed about physics, because I know I could have done better =/

Wow. That 14 in the biological sciences. Someone get this man a ticket to the Galapagos Islands! We need to nurture this genius.

I don't know about the verbal, but I do know that your biological sciences score is A-OK. Maybe not Galapagos Islands good, but we could probably fetch you something with Jane Goodall. Fantastic work!!

My life would have been happier if I was a cashier at a fast food place.
No doubt

dc142c5b5.jpg

I just went from a 27 (10-8-9) MCAT in April 2013, to a 23 (9-4-10) MCAT in April 2014, to now a 32 (12-10-10) MCAT!

Miracles do happen folks! Do not ever give up no matter what!!

Absolutely shocked.

Don't be. You are reaping the fruits of your labour. Why would a bird fly if not to reach a destination? You have reached yours.

Gotta retake.....

I'm sorry to hear that but I want to say thank you for posting this here... All these good score are scaring me.. maybe there is selection bias but I am so scared I actually haven't summoned up the courage to look at my own score. sigh.

And I truly wish you the best for I know how annoying retaking is given this wasn't my first time

May 2013: 28 ps 9 vr 10 bs 9
July 2014: 30 ps 8 vr 11 bs 11.

This was my retake....what do I do? AAMC FL average was 32.

Last edited:
FL AAMC Average: ~28
Post-test expected score: 26-30
Actual Score: (PS/V/BS) 27 (8/10/9)
Comments:

I don't know what to do. felt like that test wasn't too difficult, yet ended up with my lowest PS score. I'm a URM applying both MD and DO, and now I'm just confused. this sucks. anyone have any advice or an opinion on what I should do?

congrats to the rest of you who all seem to have crushed it, except for me of course lol. proud of you guys!

FL AAMC Average: 35
Post-test expected score: 30
Actual Score: ( PS / V / BS) 32 (11/11/10)
Comments: I'm happy with the physical science score as I thought that I had completely bombed that, verbal is okay as well, but I'm REALLY disappointed with my biological sciences score. I was getting 12's and 13's on BS and really didn't feel bad about BS on the 7/2 test. Not sure if it's worth a retake, as I've already applied this cycle and sitting verified. I'm not a URM and was only applying MD. Help?

FL AAMC Average: 31.0
Post-test expected score: 33.0
Actual Score: ( PS / V / BS) 32 (10/09/13)
Comments: A little disappointed that I didn't reach my goal of 33. I knew PS was a beast, but I'm shocked by the 09 in VR. At least this puts me in the running now after my previous score of 28!

FL AAMC Average: 35
Post-test expected score: 30
Actual Score: ( PS / V / BS) 32 (11/11/10)
Comments: I'm happy with the physical science score as I thought that I had completely bombed that, verbal is okay as well, but I'm REALLY disappointed with my biological sciences score. I was getting 12's and 13's on BS and really didn't feel bad about BS on the 7/2 test. Not sure if it's worth a retake, as I've already applied this cycle and sitting verified. I'm not a URM and was only applying MD. Help?

time to not retake and begin adding schools. that is what i'm going to be doing in a day or so since i got verified a couple days ago

Don't be. You are reaping the fruits of your labour. Why would a bird fly if not to reach a destination? You have reached yours.

Thank you my friend! I told myself that this was the last MCAT I would take after my 23 just a few months ago, and that I would have to accept the fact that my dreams of becoming a doctor will never be realized.

Nothing in life has felt worse than seeing a 23 on the screen 3 months ago. Nothing in life has felt better than the 32 I saw minutes ago. Amazing how the MCAT works.

So many incredible scores, especially after all of the talk about PS being awful on test day!

Thank you my friend! I told myself that this was the last MCAT I would take after my 23 just a few months ago, and that I would have to accept the fact that my dreams of becoming a doctor will never be realized.

Nothing in life has felt worse than seeing a 23 on the screen 3 months ago. Nothing in life has felt better than the 32 I saw minutes ago. Amazing how the MCAT works.

Would you mind sharing what you did to improve your score to achieve that score jump?

FL AAMC Average: 34
Post-test expected score: 33
Actual Score: ( PS / V / BS) 38 (14/10/14)
Comments: WHAT.

Reactions: 10 users
FL AAMC Average: 32
Post-test expected score: 29 (10/8/11)
Actual Score: ( PS / V / BS) 29 (11/7/11)
Comments:
I'm so disappointed with my verbal score :(