**** The Official Loma Linda (LLU) Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

I'm accepted and going to LLUSD! Go Class of 2020!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Join the Facebook group all!

Members don't see this ad :)
Lucky!! Congratulation guys, approximately what time did they call ?

January 12th. I was confused because I heard back three days later, but can't complain!
That's awesome! Congrats. I have an interview next week so I'll hope for the same.

Reactions: 1 user
I got called around 12:30 . . . :)

I interviewed Dec 17.

I got called around 12:30 . . . :)

I interviewed Dec 17.
I see i see, and when did you turn in your 2ndary?
I turned mine mine on nov 16th and had my interview on dec but I haven't heard anything yet :(. I hope I hear something next week

Members don't see this ad :)
I see i see, and when did you turn in your 2ndary?
I turned mine mine on nov 16th and had my interview on dec but I haven't heard anything yet :(. I hope I hear something next week

I turned my secondary in on like Sept 25 but because I was missing some things it wasn't finalized until Nov 30.

Keep your head up! :) God has a plan . . . :) Trust Him no matter what happens. :)

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted! Anyone looking for a roommate?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Will Loma Linda reevaluate my application if I show strong interest? I was rejected around two weeks ago

Will Loma Linda reevaluate my application if I show strong interest? I was rejected around two weeks ago

I don't think anyone on here knows,
But you literally have nothing to lose.

Oh.. Hmm I was informed that I would have to interview again ..
Anyone know what could this mean

Oh.. Hmm I was informed that I would have to interview again ..
Anyone know what could this mean
Interesting... But they didn't say apply next cycle and interview again? Maybe you can get another interview this cycle?? I hope it works out for you!

Interesting... But they didn't say apply next cycle and interview again? Maybe you can get another interview this cycle?? I hope it works out for you!
They told me to do an another interview on march.
yeah it's quite weird.. haha
thanks! hopefully it works out for me :)

They told me to do an another interview on march.
yeah it's quite weird.. haha
thanks! hopefully it works out for me :)
That's awesome they are giving you that opportunity! Loma Linda is great! Just make sure you convey how passionate you are about dentistry (obviously!) and how Loma linda in particular is a school that you want to attend. Good luck!
So I orginally thought you were the person that got rejected and they are letting you interview again... That is weird then!

Last edited:
monkeydental,

Hey, that is a good sign I think. I know one person whom is attending LLU second year, who was put in alternate list the first time, and the second time, the school called again after the 1st interview saying they would like to interview/meet him once more. Eventually, the school called and he was accepted, after 1 person dropped from the alternate list.

Keep your heads up.

monkeydental,

Hey, that is a good sign I think. I know one person whom is attending LLU second year, who was put in alternate list the first time, and the second time, the school called again after the 1st interview saying they would like to interview/meet him once more. Eventually, the school called and he was accepted, after 1 person dropped from the alternate list.

Keep your heads up.
Sweet! Thanks for letting me know! :)

Hey guys! I just got an interview invitation! So excited but nervous. Was wondering if anyone has any advice?! Also I know LLU starts in the summer, does anyone know what day?

Hey guys! I just got an interview invitation! So excited but nervous. Was wondering if anyone has any advice?! Also I know LLU starts in the summer, does anyone know what day?

I'm pretty sure for first years it starts at the end of August and we go until like September 21 or something and have a four day weekend or something like that.

Don't ne nervous! Everyone is really nice. My interview was with one faculty member and it was a closed file meaning he didn't know anything about me. So just have ideas in your mind of events that you would want to talk about. It lasted 45 minutes about and then I went on a tour with a student. Have fun!!!

Don't ne nervous! Everyone is really nice. My interview was with one faculty member and it was a closed file meaning he didn't know anything about me. So just have ideas in your mind of events that you would want to talk about. It lasted 45 minutes about and then I went on a tour with a student. Have fun!!!

Do you remember the types of questions that were asked? I've been hearing most of it is religion and spiritual based? Also do you know how many seats are left, or how much longer interviews go until?

Hey guys I just scheduled my interview and was told I have to take a manual dexterity test after the interview. I was wondering if anyone had any info or YouTube links so that I could study and know more about this exam? Thanks!

Hey guys I just scheduled my interview and was told I have to take a manual dexterity test after the interview. I was wondering if anyone had any info or YouTube links so that I could study and know more about this exam? Thanks!

I've heard they did this in the past. I have never done this. I would search old LLU SDN threads.

Interviewed last Thursday, accepted Friday! So stoked on the school and the area!!

Reactions: 2 users
Yep, I had to take one! Did they give you the tools to practice? Go to a craft store and buy plaster and then practice carving cubes into it. So make sure your measurements are precise and your edges are smooth. It actually is tricky so just practice carving different size cubes and rectangles into the plaster.

Yep, I had to take one! Did they give you the tools to practice? Go to a craft store and buy plaster and then practice carving cubes into it. So make sure your measurements are precise and your edges are smooth. It actually is tricky so just practice carving different size cubes and rectangles into the plaster.

No they didn't give me any tools or really any info about it! All they said was that I have to take a manual dexterity test after the interview and that they will give me a video that explains what I have to do. I def want to practice beforehand though!

Do
No they didn't give me any tools or really any info about it! All they said was that I have to take a manual dexterity test after the interview and that they will give me a video that explains what I have to do. I def want to practice beforehand though!
do you live close? Or is there time for them to mail you the tools? They have me two types of blades kind of like small razor blades on was curved and one was straight, yeah I recommend practicing on plaster as much as you can!
Feel free to PM me if you have more questions!

Hello! I hope you do great on your interview, I'm waiting for mine too. Do you mind sharing your DAT STATs?

Hi guys, I just got my interview invitation today via AADSAS. I'll be there March 2. Could someone please share their experience/advice/tips/anything would help? This is my top choice and also my second interview, so I really want to do well on my interview :)

congratulations to all those accepted to Loma Linda! Get ready to be challenged! It was a tough 4 years but I got a lot out of it, and if you put yourself out there, the faculty will let you do almost whatever you want in terms of dental procedures/specialty procedures (with the proper permission and supervision, etc).

if you don't graduate from LLU as a compassionate and skilled dentist, then you didn't try hard enough. This is coming from a guy who was in the bottom half of the class. It's all there for the taking, you just have to go for it.

Best if you get rid of any notions of competing with your classmates and being all cutthroat. That sort of thing doesn't fly and will just make you and your classmates miserable.

I'm extremely grateful for the quality of education I got at LLU. I'm not even SDA.

Best of luck to those waiting to hear!

Also, if you want to appeal a rejection, I recommend you do it. It might not get you an acceptance but could get you a waitlist spot.

Hi guys, I just got my interview invitation today via AADSAS. I'll be there March 2. Could someone please share their experience/advice/tips/anything would help? This is my top choice and also my second interview, so I really want to do well on my interview :)
Good luck! I would just genuinely show how you are interested in using dentistry to serve, show your excitement, and demonstrate how you are a good fit for their school in particular. Smile and be confident!

congratulations to all those accepted to Loma Linda! Get ready to be challenged! It was a tough 4 years but I got a lot out of it, and if you put yourself out there, the faculty will let you do almost whatever you want in terms of dental procedures/specialty procedures (with the proper permission and supervision, etc).

if you don't graduate from LLU as a compassionate and skilled dentist, then you didn't try hard enough. This is coming from a guy who was in the bottom half of the class. It's all there for the taking, you just have to go for it.

Best if you get rid of any notions of competing with your classmates and being all cutthroat. That sort of thing doesn't fly and will just make you and your classmates miserable.

I'm extremely grateful for the quality of education I got at LLU. I'm not even SDA.

Best of luck to those waiting to hear!

Also, if you want to appeal a rejection, I recommend you do it. It might not get you an acceptance but could get you a waitlist spot.
Thank you so much for you input!! I am beyond excited to attend Loma Linda! I really thrive in an atmosphere where I am comfortable and can get help so I am so glad that the faculty and students help each other out and aren't cut throat. I know it is different for everyone, but what was the most difficult part of your education? Like having a heavy load of classes or more learning the procedures and applying them to patients? Just curious :)

The course load was the toughest thing. Time management. The clinical stuff ultimately was the easiest part but also could be frustrating when you are doing your labwork and it doesn't turn out right so you have to do it again. There will be plenty of late nights but it will be worth it.

honestly, I think it is best to just approach everything with the assumption that it will be hard as hell. That way you will get pleasantly surprised more often.

Good luck! I would just genuinely show how you are interested in using dentistry to serve, show your excitement, and demonstrate how you are a good fit for their school in particular. Smile and be confident!
Thanks!! I know the interview is really late in the cycle but hopefully, I'll get an acceptance to LLU. This is my #1!

Thanks!! I know the interview is really late in the cycle but hopefully, I'll get an acceptance to LLU. This is my #1!
No problem :) and don't worry about it being late in the cycle, if they are still interviewing they still have spots and Loma Linda is really good at getting back to people within a few weeks!

Has anyone got an email for being on the Alternate list?

Really hard decision for me, but I'll be giving up my spot at Loma Linda. Good luck to all!!

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone knows what a post interview rejection email normally says?

And also if you get rejected after an interview, is it because of the interview or your scores? I thought stats don't really have as big as a play anymore... Since stats are what get you the interview right?

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone knows what a post interview rejection email normally says?

And also if you get rejected after an interview, is it because of the interview or your scores? I thought stats don't really have as big as a play anymore... Since stats are what get you the interview right?

It's usually due to interview at that point

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

ACCEPTED! WOOT!
Pretty funny cause I thought I did bad during the interview but I'm glad I now get the chance to become a dentist! :3Cheers Fam Bam!

Reactions: 2 users