*** The Official Loma Linda U School of Dentistry Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got rejected last week from the interview...here were my stats:
SCI GPA: 3.24
Overall GPA: 3.23
BIO: 20
CHEM: 22
OCHEM: 30
RC: 19
QR: 23
TS: 22
AA: 23
PAT: 26

I called the office and they told me that my BCP GPA did not meet 3.3, but that was pretty much it. I'm a bit disappointed especially since I just finished taking that second biochem course over the summer and I received an A for the class. I'm planning to meet with them to ask if they would reconsider my application. Does anyone know if they allow appeals?

Members don't see this ad.

I called the office and they told me that my BCP GPA did not meet 3.3, but that was pretty much it. I'm a bit disappointed especially since I just finished taking that second biochem course over the summer and I received an A for the class. I'm planning to meet with them to ask if they would reconsider my application. Does anyone know if they allow appeals?

Hey man!

I'm sorry to hear that! On their website, it says that they allow appeals for Title IX investigations or some disciplinary action, but I'm not too sure about rejections. I think it'd be worth a shot though.

Rejected yesterday (email). I'm a bit surprised because I have good DAT scores and a 3.7 GPA (and excellent LORs, 300+ community service hours and close to 200 shadowing hours). Oh well....

I talked to a couple of my friends who applied with similar stats (one had a 25 on their DAT!!) and they got rejected yesterday too :(
hey! sorry i never replied to your post earlier. i was so busy with school. you're welcome to message me privately if you have any questions. good luck with everything.

Members don't see this ad :)

appeals are rare, and often a late spring interview invite can be offered to you if you went back to school taking full load of upper div science courses and pretty much acing them all. you're chances for a seat is still slim since its so late in the cycle. good luck with everything

are there any more updates from admissions? I applied mid -August and have not heard back from them.
people have been interviewing this past week! i saw them being given tours around the school :3. expect a December or post jan invite if they decide to interview you

Keep your heads up guys! I got my interview invite today around noon and when I called, Nov 28th was still open. Hoping one of you are able to nab it!

Does anyone know what LLU's interview process is like? I tried looking on the SDN interview feedback page and the C/O 2022 page, but there's very little information :/

Does anyone know what LLU's interview process is like? I tried looking on the SDN interview feedback page and the C/O 2022 page, but there's very little information :/
What specifically do you mean? Interviews are conducted individually. This is usually how it goes:
Check-in and validate parking first!
Head upstairs and check-in there, and write your essay. There are two questions, but you only pick one to answer. Think you shouldn't take anymore than 30min to do this.
One-on-one interview that lasts 20-45min. Closed file. Pretty basic questions that you'd expect- tell me about yourself, why dentistry, how are you religious/how is this integrated into your daily life, etc.
Optional tour given by a dental student- after your interview, you can tell them you want a tour and they'll send a D3 or D4 to take you around individually and answer any questions you have. I really liked this cause it was individualized attention and I could really ask all the questions I wanted.

All in all, I was probably in and out in about 2 hours. Pretty chill day, and the interview wasn't stressful at all :) I really enjoyed the experience!

Reactions: 1 users
Keep your heads up guys! I got my interview invite today around noon and when I called, Nov 28th was still open. Hoping one of you are able to nab it!
when did you submit your secondary? if you dont mind answering. thank you

when did you submit your secondary? if you dont mind answering. thank you

I believe I submitted late July, and my app was verified within a week because I had already sent in my transcripts and LOR beforehand. I also had the essay prompts for the secondaries beforehand since I am a re applicant, so when I received my secondary invite a week later I was able to submit everything on later in that week. Then for the secondary recommendations, those were completed by late august. So I think everything was completed by Aug 20. Hope that helps.

What specifically do you mean? Interviews are conducted individually. This is usually how it goes:
Check-in and validate parking first!
Head upstairs and check-in there, and write your essay. There are two questions, but you only pick one to answer. Think you shouldn't take anymore than 30min to do this.
One-on-one interview that lasts 20-45min. Closed file. Pretty basic questions that you'd expect- tell me about yourself, why dentistry, how are you religious/how is this integrated into your daily life, etc.
Optional tour given by a dental student- after your interview, you can tell them you want a tour and they'll send a D3 or D4 to take you around individually and answer any questions you have. I really liked this cause it was individualized attention and I could really ask all the questions I wanted.

All in all, I was probably in and out in about 2 hours. Pretty chill day, and the interview wasn't stressful at all :) I really enjoyed the experience!

Thanks for answering my question! This was very helpful :)

Reactions: 1 user
Invited today! I’m hoping there’s a pre-December slot when I call.

Invited today! I’m hoping there’s a pre-December slot when I call.

There should be ! I was there today for my interview and I heard that late November is still open and most of December.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nov 27th was open when I called yesterday!

congrats on getting an interview. i hope i get one too! i applied my secondary 8/26
Yeah, mine was submitted in July sometime, so there’s hope for you to get something post-December :)

@LLU2021, can you private message me? I have some questions about the area around Loma Linda. Thanks!

Does anybody know how many students Loma Linda interviews, and how many acceptances they offer for both IS and OOS?

Does anybody know how many students Loma Linda interviews, and how many acceptances they offer for both IS and OOS?

I heard that they typically interview ~300 and 100 are accepted. As far as IS and OOS stats, I’m not sure.

hey all,
anyone know if llusd gives out more interview invites post - december?

hey all,
anyone know if llusd gives out more interview invites post - december?
Looking at last year's thread, they interviewed some the first week of December. But I don't know when those invites went out. They may interview even later than that...maybe someone else knows more.

Looking at last year's thread, they interviewed some the first week of December. But I don't know when those invites went out. They may interview even later than that...maybe someone else knows more.
I have my interview scheduled for December 18th, though I got the invitation early November. I just postponed it because i'm hoping for an acceptance from other schools before I go

Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile

Does anybody know if Loma Linda will be calling or emailing for acceptances on Dec. 3rd?

Does anybody know if Loma Linda will be calling or emailing for acceptances on Dec. 3rd?
Last year I received a call at 10:30am, and later that day (or the next) I received an email saying that I was accepted. One of my classmates, though, said he received the call at about 5:30pm. I imagine they're conducting the acceptance calls all day, so if you don't hear from them right away, don't necessarily lose hope!

Last year I received a call at 10:30am, and later that day (or the next) I received an email saying that I was accepted. One of my classmates, though, said he received the call at about 5:30pm. I imagine they're conducting the acceptance calls all day, so if you don't hear from them right away, don't necessarily lose hope!

Good to know! Thank you so much!

Got the acceptance phone call from them this morning around 11 EST. They said they are sending emails out later this afternoon or tomorrow!

Got the acceptance phone call from them this morning around 11 EST. They said they are sending emails out later this afternoon or tomorrow!

I just got the call from Mrs. Forde! I’m accepted!

Just got the call as well!! Congrats to you all! God is good!!

Got my acceptance call about an hour ago! :)

status on ADEA changed to offer made after the phone call

I just got the call from Mrs. Forde! I’m accepted!

Just got the call as well!! Congrats to you all! God is good!!

Got my acceptance call about an hour ago! :)

status on ADEA changed to offer made after the phone call

Congratulations all! See you in August! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know where students typically live if they aren't from the area? Any recommendations on apartments near campus? I'll have a car so it doesn't need to be super close either.

Just got done with finals. Ask away if you have any questions.

Has anyone received an offer of a semi-phone interview? I don’t think it’s a full blown interview at all, but I just received an email from them saying:

“We are pleased you have chosen to apply to LLUSD. It is our desire to assist you as you work toward the goal of becoming a dentist. Based on the information you have provided on your application we would like to talk with you via phone or in person before proceeding with further processing.”

My stats are lower than their average stats, so I’m wondering if this would be kind of like pre-screening before considering offering me an interview.

Had anybody else received an email like this?

Has anyone received an offer of a semi-phone interview? I don’t think it’s a full blown interview at all, but I just received an email from them saying:

“We are pleased you have chosen to apply to LLUSD. It is our desire to assist you as you work toward the goal of becoming a dentist. Based on the information you have provided on your application we would like to talk with you via phone or in person before proceeding with further processing.”

My stats are lower than their average stats, so I’m wondering if this would be kind of like pre-screening before considering offering me an interview.

Had anybody else received an email like this?
If you check the previous years' threads you'll see people have received similar emails. Some received actual interviews afterwards.

Thank you. I didn’t think to check previous years’ threads but that’s very helpful.

If you check the previous years' threads you'll see people have received similar emails. Some received actual interviews afterwards.
I received the same email and just called. I made an appointment for a "consultation" to see how I can improve my app. What does this mean? Is this a rejection?

I received the same email and just called. I made an appointment for a "consultation" to see how I can improve my app. What does this mean? Is this a rejection?

The woman I talked to said that they would like to me offer me an interview but just want to "consult" my file with me first. I'm thinking they might want to discuss my lower gpa with me before considering an interview invite, but hey, I'm not mad.

For those of you who are currently attending Loma Linda, what made you choose this school? I'm having a difficult time deciding whether to attend here or my state school which is about ~100K cheaper. I absolutely loved this school, and if it weren't for the hefty price tag, I would pick Loma Linda in a heart beat.

Any thoughts?

For those of you who are currently attending Loma Linda, what made you choose this school? I'm having a difficult time deciding whether to attend here or my state school which is about ~100K cheaper. I absolutely loved this school, and if it weren't for the hefty price tag, I would pick Loma Linda in a heart beat.

Any thoughts?
I like LLU because of its explicitly Christian and service-oriented environment.

But as much as I like my school, I honestly think you'd be better off going to your state school. 100k is no joke, esp. with interest.

One of my friends actually chose Loma over UNLV but that was only because he is from southern CA and didn't want to leave.

Last edited:

Any thoughts?
I interviewed at three separate schools, and Loma Linda definitely struck me as superior to the others. It is expensive, but it's a wonderful school. 100k is a lot, but you will pay it off. You may want to consider signing up for the military HPSP scholarship, and then you won't have to worry about the high cost at all.

Does anyone know where students typically live if they aren't from the area? Any recommendations on apartments near campus? I'll have a car so it doesn't need to be super close either.

I'm not a good person to recommend apartments or rooms to rent in the area, but I would recommend applying to one of the residence halls here, Daniells Hall or Lindsay Hall. That way if you have trouble finding an apartment or if you have difficulty qualifying for one, you at least have a place to stay when school starts. If you chose to apply for one of the residence halls, you should do so as soon as possible. The deposit is only $200, so if you decide to not stay in the residence halls and it's too late to give 2 weeks notice, you're only out a couple hundred.

Has anyone been rejected? I haven’t heard anything yet.

I have not heard back from them, my app was submitted 8/26th. When did you submit yours?
Mine was received 9/17. But I guess if we haven’t been rejected that’s a good sign.

Just got the call that I was accepted! Interviewed the week immediately before Dec 3rd!

Just got the call that I was accepted! Interviewed the week immediately before Dec 3rd!

Congrats, man!!
Btw, what are your thoughts on the school, and are you gonna attend LLU?
I absolutely loved it, but my state school is a lot cheaper so I'm having a tough time choosing haha.

Congrats, man!!
Btw, what are your thoughts on the school, and are you gonna attend LLU?
I absolutely loved it, but my state school is a lot cheaper so I'm having a tough time choosing haha.
My experience was kind of tainted by the interview to be honest haha I thought the school was nice but a bit small. Definitely enjoyed the campus and area in general, and the big appeal was the focus on religion and spirituality to me. However, I won't be attending unless they give me a big scholarship just because I'm local to Georgia, and I'm still choosing between UK and DCG. I have no ties to California, so it was kind of a surprise to get the call yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.