**** The Official Louisville Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

are you OOS ?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
for all i know is that OOS moves fast since they accept like 70 and those are waiting for their state schools.

ksha do you have any information to back your claim that OoS is done?

ksha do you have any information to back your claim that OoS is done?
Personally, I don't think OOS is done. I think they are taking their steps slowly, since they are calling each of the individuals on the waitinglist just to make sure that they are accepting the people who are waiting for ULSD offers. I believe there are many openings for OOS this year, so don't worry about it if you haven't heard anything. I am instate and I am still playing the waiting game. So hang in there.

did you hear about anybody getting accepted ??

Members don't see this ad :)
Why they are not accepting any instate students !!!!!!

Where is everyone planning on living? Anyone know any good rental complexes around the Highlands/Cherokee Triangle?

There were students interviewing today FYI (a bit out of the ordinary), good luck to those waiting!

Rejection letter today via E-mail, no interview

Ha same. No interview... Just a 'regrets' email. :(

I have not heard about any spots being offered for instate people !!! Which makes this situation pretty weird !!!

Same "regrets" email, no interview. Good luck to all waiting to hear back, and congrats to all those who got in/are attending!

Just gave up my OOS seat today. I would of killed for it this time last year but I decided to go elsewhere.

I wonder when will be the next time they'll send out another round of acceptance for OOS. Has anyone heard anything new?

I called last Friday. From what I understood, they've sent out enough acceptances to fill their class but they're waiting for people to turn down their acceptances before contacting anyone else. I tried to get a date but the lady said "it's a rolling admission process".

What about instate , did she say anything ? And is the OOS portion of the class is filled or the entire class is ??

I asked about acceptances in general so I don't know what the instate/outofstate situation is.

That's sad, I really loved the school. I still cannot understand why did they interview instate people if their class was full and there were no single spot available ?

Anyone know where they are at in the process? Any movement likely on the waitlist?

I'm still holding out hope for UofL. The only thing helping on the waitlist is that I'm OOS, otherwise, I feel like my chances are low.

Do you guys know when they're going to send out the next set of acceptances if there were some who declined on the last set of acceptances?

Or do you think chances have completely gone for getting taken off the waitlist :(

At this point:

1. Make sure you have a backup plan. Enroll in a pre-dental masters program while you still can. This is critical in order to make you more competive should you need to reapply. Doing nothing is the worst thing you can do.
2. Try to receive solid (A Level) grades this semester and send an update to the admissions office when you receive your grades... even if your grades are still unofficial. I received my acceptance several days following my update.
3. Do not give up hope and be ready to adapt if you are accepted. Best of luck everyone!

I received my acceptance at the END of MAY. I was OOS.

SK - ULSD Class of 2016

So when did you interview last year? I guess there is still hope...

i have been accepted to uofL since december. on our blackboard there are about 111 people matriculated. i know someone giving up their spot OOS to go somewhere so dont lose hope!!!

i have been accepted to uofL since december. on our blackboard there are about 111 people matriculated. i know someone giving up their spot OOS to go somewhere so dont lose hope!!!

I found my answer... For those curious after this post, the class size is 120.

Last edited:
Has anybody heard anything recently? I hope that there is more movement...

I interviewed in dec and got wait listed about 2 days after the interview. I haven't heard anything since. I'm OOS. I'm trying to keep my hopes up since I really loved the school.

I'm an OOS too and I interviewed on Dec.7th. Got waitlisted on Dec.10th. Been in contact with the admission office couple of times and i realized they don't give you clear responses and you may end up more worried or confused after the conversation than before it. ULSD is my top choice although I have already got accepted elsewhere and confirmed. But I would sacrifice the $800 enrollment confirmation and the luxury of staying in my hometown in a private school(cheaper than ULSD) to be at UofL. I met several students during an open house and my interview who told me that they were pulled off the waitlist late, which makes me not want to give up hope. so hang in there patiently, but make sure you consider an alternative route for this fall.:oops:

Class is full and chances are very slim :(

Reactions: 1 user