**** The Official Louisville Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

News anyone? I was hoping that the e-mail was a sign that they were going to meet again to send invites for the next wave of applicants on the NTBC list, and thus was expecting to at the least see some confirmation of this on these forums. I haven't heard anything myself.

Members don't see this ad.

No news here either, they have a blackboard set up for the incoming students and a buddy of mine who has gotten in said there are already 117 students enrolled.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, 120. Given that it is likely that 3 people haven't figured out how to sign up for blackboard, it seems the class is full at the moment. Of course, things move around even when classes start in a cascading way. One person in school X drops out, opens up spot for someone in Louisville for whom X was first choice, then a spot opens up for one of us. But, hey, we can always hope that this happens sooner rather than later. Or perhaps just wish for better luck next time. =/

Reactions: 1 user
What do you think the chances are of getting off the wait list at this point? I have an acceptance at NYU but U of L is my #1.

There is an irony in that question. Someone. somewhere, is waiting patiently to get off of the NYU wait-list.

Hey guys! It's been pretty quiet on here! Any one have updates?... Anything?...

Hey guys! It's been pretty quiet on here! Any one have updates?... Anything?...

Just an email asking if I still want to be an active ULSD applicant. Of course I said yes.

I believe that these are sent out before a committee meeting in response to a quota of students who have finally dropped acceptances that they were sitting on, forfeiting their deposit. I'd expect some movement in the near future.

Thanks guys... Slowly losing hope here!

Heard from my buddy again, he said the BB roster went from 117 up to 119 and now its down to 116.

Reactions: 2 users
Heard from my buddy again, he said the BB roster went from 117 up to 119 and now its down to 116.
Thanks for the update what is BB roster? And class size is 120 right?

Members don't see this ad :)
Any clue how many people are still on this "waitlist"? Or I guess I should ask if anybody that has interviewed has been rejected? Louisville seems to be stringing quite a few people along over the past few months.

I asked them a few times; they won't give out that information. The system in general simply sucks. The deposits are not large enough to force students to commit to their acceptances, so the semester can actually start and movement can happen. It isn't UofL's stringing folks as much as it is other student's, milking ever last second of their acceptances and then making last minute decisions.

Yeah, and they were OOS applicants, so those seats being moved around sound like OOS seats. It's strange, I didn't think they'd reject anyone. From what I've heard, Louisville will eventually give OOS seats to IS applicants, but only after options are exhausted. <shrug>

Yeah, and they were OOS applicants, so those seats being moved around sound like OOS seats. It's strange, I didn't think they'd reject anyone. From what I've heard, Louisville will eventually give OOS seats to IS applicants, but only after options are exhausted. <shrug>

I'm hoping you're right about that haha. as an instate student I would LOVE to be there.

I'm OOS and I'm still on the next-to-be-contacted list so there's that! Also reeaaaaaally hoping I get accepted here.

Reactions: 1 users
Any update on the bb list, joecardo? Or any updates, anybody? The ants in my pants doth nibble.

Anyone hear anything lately? I am starting to get anixous with Louisville's classes starting in just alittle over a month...

I'm surprised, I have seen nobody talk about this yet - as a current grad student, I thought I'd give you a heads up; ULSD had an employee shot last year. Yes, by a gun. They are not located in a good area. For god's sake, they are literally neighbors with government housing and adjacent to a hospital which treats the poorest population of Louisville. Nobody seems to know it. I found it astounding that they do not mention this; my friend applied and interviewed - nobody talked about the area, nor the recent shooting of their staff member by a neighborhood citizen. It is a great location for a free/cheap clinic, but it is a borderline ******ed place to have students walk around with backpacks, wallets... Take care with this school, they were less than honest to him when he applied; After listening to my friend, they obviously keep you in the dark with regards to your wait list and with regards to their safety.

Last edited:
I'm surprised, I have seen nobody talk about this yet - as a current grad student, I thought I'd give you a heads up; ULSD had an employee shot last year. Yes, by a gun. They are not located in a good area. For god's sake, they are literally neighbors with government housing and adjacent to a hospital which treats the poorest population of Louisville. Nobody seems to know it. I found it astounding that they do not mention this; my friend applied and interviewed - nobody talked about the area, nor the recent shooting of their staff member by a neighborhood citizen. It is a great location for a free/cheap clinic, but it is a borderline ******ed place to have students walk around with backpacks, wallets... Take care with this school, they were less than honest to him when he applied; After listening to my friend, they obviously keep you in the dark with regards to your wait list and with regards to their safety.

As someone who's been to school there and lived there, I can say that yes while they are neighbors with gov housing the shooting was not near the school but a little ways away. Regardless. I have waited for and taken the bus from there alone and as long as you're smart, it's not a dangerous area.

Well, the shooting was literally on the school's block. The loading dock by their entrance was taped off for evidence. But I went there, and I felt safe most of the time. I almost got carjacked one time. A random dude tried to open my passenger side while I was parked a block away one time, at about 9pm on the route home, but other than that I had no incidents personally. It is certainly something students keep in mind when commuting. A lot of med schools are in areas like that, and a friend of mine actually got mugged in cinci by the school. You can never be too careful I guess.

119 left on the roster count. Maybe somebody dropped? just a heads up to you all.

accepted the other day but rejected the offer