Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody heard any update from them?

Members don't see this ad.

Only that my app is under review. Its early tho

Members don't see this ad :)
How come under my school decision there is nothing there. Is this just me?
I don't have anything either. I think they might be trying to phase that out I'm not sure. Im just waiting on emails etc.

I haven't heard anything either, but according to last years thread they started giving out interview offers late July

I just got off the phone with the office of admissions. Apparently they've already given out the first round of invitations and the first interview date is August 22nd. Anybody receive anything? I haven't heard anything back yet :eek:

Reactions: 1 user
I just got off the phone with the office of admissions. Apparently they've already given out the first round of invitations and the first interview date is August 22nd. Anybody receive anything? I haven't heard anything back yet :eek:
Nope :/

I'm also OOS, is it possible that they might've just done a first round of in state folks? Idk just trying to logically reason through why tf I haven't heard anything :confused:

Has anyone recieved an application complete and under review email? The last time I got a email was my application fee recieved email. :/

Has anyone recieved an application complete and under review email? The last time I got a email was my application fee recieved email. :/

On June 21, 2016 @ 3:04 PM EST
Dear Luke,

Your application to the University of Louisville School of Dentistry DMD Program is now COMPLETE and no further action is needed at this time. Complete applications are “under review” by the Admissions Committee.

I send my application on the first day, and they already sending out invite for interview. this is not a good sign for me then.

I send my application on the first day, and they already sending out invite for interview. this is not a good sign for me then.

Mine was sent early, too. But like I said I'm OOS so maybe they sent out a small wave of in state people with really high stats. I dunno, probably too early to worry. For reference, I was 3.59 science, 3.66 cumulative with a 21 AA

yea i'm also oos. your stats are slightly higher than mine. hopefully like you said, the first wave is reserve for instate resident.

Members don't see this ad :)
yea i'm also oos. your stats are slightly higher than mine. hopefully like you said, the first wave is reserve for instate resident.

I may call again later and have them clarify on their invitation process, just don't wanna seem naggy lol

Reactions: 1 users

Hmm I think it's a little early to hit the panic button just yet. It's highly likely they just haven't gotten to you yet considering the volume of applications they receive. I would just sit tight and if you still are getting radio silence in two to three weeks call them again and politely ask what your status is.

Update: just called, thankfully she said they sent out some interviews for in-state applicants only. They were offered the first interview day, August 22nd, which is not fully booked yet. She did not know when in or out of state applicants will begin to be invited again, but that it occurs more on a weekly basis rather than daily.

So we can all rest easy tonight, I'm guessing most of you who replied were OOS like me?

Reactions: 6 users
Just noticed on AADSAS School Decisions:

06/21/2016
Received/Application Complete

Hey guys, I'm a D1 at ULSD. I was in your shows just last year. I feel your pain, trust me! One thing I can tell you is that, it is still very early and no need to worry just yet! Please BE PATIENT! This whole process will drive you crazy if you let it! Keep an eye on your application, make sure they got your completed application but please be patient. If you have any questions, I will try to answer them :)

Hey guys, I'm a D1 at ULSD. I was in your shows just last year. I feel your pain, trust me! One thing I can tell you is that, it is still very early and no need to worry just yet! Please BE PATIENT! This whole process will drive you crazy if you let it! Keep an eye on your application, make sure they got your completed application but please be patient. If you have any questions, I will try to answer them :)

My app was received/complete on 6/8. When should I start panicking?

My app was received/complete on 6/8. When should I start panicking?
I think they should start sending out interviews soon, (if they already haven't). They finished welcoming the D1s and everything so now the focus will be on you guys. I hope you will hear something soon but I wouldn't worry till early September. Again know that they will be working with >3,000 applications so you never know...we have so many people in our class that have gotten past Dec 1st.

I think they should start sending out interviews soon, (if they already haven't). They finished welcoming the D1s and everything so now the focus will be on you guys. I hope you will hear something soon but I wouldn't worry till early September. Again know that they will be working with >3,000 applications so you never know...we have so many people in our class that have gotten past Dec 1st.

I really hope I get an interview from them. This is my #2 choice after my state school. I even went and tour the school during the summer, and they told me I have a chance at an interview.

I really hope I get an interview from them. This is my #2 choice after my state school. I even went and tour the school during the summer, and they told me I have a chance at an interview.
Good for you! One thing I can tell you is that they are HUUUGE on volunteer and community service. On your interview, please try to find a way to talk about that. I am almost certain that they will ask you about those experiences. If they don't, try to find a way to incorporate it in to your convo. If you are a type of person who like to work with patients from diverse backgrounds, please mention that because we are told that most of the dental patients at the clinic are from diverse backgrounds and that will also give us the opportunity to diagnose different cases and will help prepare us be a competent starting general dentists.

Good for you! One thing I can tell you is that they are HUUUGE on volunteer and community service. On your interview, please try to find a way to talk about that. I am almost certain that they will ask you about those experiences. If they don't, try to find a way to incorporate it in to your convo. If you are a type of person who like to work with patients from diverse backgrounds, please mention that because we are told that most of the dental patients at the clinic are from diverse backgrounds and that will also give us the opportunity to diagnose different cases and will help prepare us be a competent starting general dentists.

That what I mainly focus on during my gap year. I volunteer for five months at an assisted living home and tutor elementary kids with their homework in my community. I also notice during the tour that Jami took me on that their patients were very diverse. I just hoping they didn't ask me to drive 8 hours to Louisville to show me around the school and not even offer me an interview.

I do remember a couple of questions I was asked from last year:

"You saw a group of your classmates cheating on a test but they weren't caught. What do you do?"
- I was asked this question in both interviews at UofL!

Following that question in one of my interviews:
"An investigation was done and they couldn't prove any guilt but now your classmates know that you told on them. How do you handle that?"

Those were he most memorable by far.

Reactions: 1 users
Interviews were sent out July 31st last year, we may be close!

Second interview date is September 12th, they don't know when they're going to be sending those invites out yet. Just an update.

Reactions: 3 users
Did they start giving out invite to oos yet?

Hey guys, I'm applying here as well. I just found out about Louisville in my last round of Dschool searches. I can't believe I passed this school over the first time! It looks like a wonderful school and I'd be super pumped to even get invited to an interview! Good luck to everybody applying.

Anyone hear from them recently about interviews? I know someone mentioned August 22 being not full yet, so I just assumed they would try to fill that date sometime this week... Someone also mentioned Sept 12

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Anyone hear from them recently about interviews? I know someone mentioned August 22 being not full yet, so I just assumed they would try to fill that date sometime this week... Someone also mentioned Sept 12

September 12 is the next date they're going to be giving invites out for. No clue when that will be though, unfortunately.

Interview invite 9/26
!!!!!

Last edited:
Invitation to interview on 9/26!! 3.1 oGPA 3.25 BCP, 19 AA 20 TS 20 RC 19 PAT, reapplicant!

Sent from my SM-G920V using SDN mobile

Reactions: 5 users
Invitation to interview on 9/26!! 3.1 oGPA 3.25 BCP, 19 AA 20 TS 20 RC 19 PAT, reapplicant!

Sent from my SM-G920V using SDN mobile
Congratulations!!! Our stats are eerily similar.. would you mind PMing me so I could ask a few Qs??

Interview on 9/12 and I am OOS. Anyone else have this interview date?

stats? I'm oos and would like to find some trends .. do you have a lot of community service?

stats? I'm oos and would like to find some trends .. do you have a lot of community service?
AA 21
BIO 22
GC 19
OC 22
PAT 21
RC 23
QR 17
Science GPA 3.74
Total 3.70
I have a decent amount of community service. I went on some service trips, and I did service with my chemistry fraternity. I am a reapplicant

AA 21
BIO 22
GC 19
OC 22
PAT 21
RC 23
QR 17
Science GPA 3.74
Total 3.70
I have a decent amount of community service. I went on some service trips, and I did service with my chemistry fraternity. I am a reapplicant

Reapplicant? Wow, how many schools did you apply to first cycle? Did you retake the DAT?

Reapplicant? Wow, how many schools did you apply to first cycle? Did you retake the DAT?

I only applied to Louisville because of the prerequisites I had finished, and my DAT score AA was 18 with BIO 16 so it was below average. I took the DAT again a month and a half ago.