**The Official Marquette University School of Dentistry Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Has anyone actually received a call yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Status changed to offer made and got the call an hour ago! In state :)

Members don't see this ad :)
also waitlisted. there's quite a number of us lol...

Did anyone who got accepted were from the later interviews?

Last edited:
Got the call from Brian this morning!

WoooHooo!

Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
I'll be accepting an offer at another school, so I hope my spot helps out one of you!!

Accepted!

Last edited:
marquette seems to be only school with more waitlist than acceptances... here's hoping it's because they didnt review everyone yet : /

anyone else from the later interviews?

Love, love, love this school and everyone who goes here is very lucky- but I will have to give up my spot for one of you guys to have! GL!

Well guys based on a few responses from SNDers and a friend who has gotten accepted they is at least 8 OOS spots up for grabs! Good luck to everyone hopefully we can all achieve our dream of dental school! Keep being optimistic guys! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted plus scholarship! Those Wisconsin winters are looking a tad more appealing :)

Accepted plus scholarship! Those Wisconsin winters are looking a tad more appealing :)
How do you know you received a scholarship? Did they send you an email or let you know by phone?

Congrats to everyone who was accepted! There's plenty of time for the wait list to move in future for other hopefuls :)

Does anyone know how many of the scholarships were going out?

They usually give out 10% of students scholarships so probably about 10 students? Not sure on the exact number, but its not too many.

Congratulations! You definitely do not have to share, but I am just wondering if you were out of state and approximately how much of a scholarship you received. I remember during the financial segment of the interview day, the financial advising lady stated that scholarships are about $2k-4k. I'm just curious. Again congrats and see you in August!

Congratulations! You definitely do not have to share, but I am just wondering if you were out of state and approximately how much of a scholarship you received. I remember during the financial segment of the interview day, the financial advising lady stated that scholarships are about $2k-4k. I'm just curious. Again congrats and see you in August!
Hi, I do not mind sharing as I was not told I could not disclose details. I am OOS (but currently attend Marquette undergrad) and my scholarship offered was $ 10,000. I feel very lucky to have received this scholarship and it helped to make my decision a bit easier.

Hi, I do not mind sharing as I was not told I could not disclose details. I am OOS (but currently attend Marquette undergrad) and my scholarship offered was $ 10,000. I feel very lucky to have received this scholarship and it helped to make my decision a bit easier.

Very nice! Thank you for sharing. And congrats once again!

Grad of 2019, could someone make a Fb page or something? It may be too ahead of time, but I'm really looking forward to talk to the people I'll be spending the next 4 yrs of my life with... Glad to say, finally made it.

Reactions: 3 users
Hey what day did you interview I feel like we may have been in the same group!

Does anyone know how exactly the waitlist works? are we going to be given a number that we are on the waitlist or anything like that?

Got an e-mail saying that my application has been put on hold...

rashida-shrug.gif

Got an e-mail saying that my application has been put on hold...

I got that email too! Not sure if this is a "lighter" way of rejecting us (although I'd much rather prefer a straight up rejection if so) or if our application hasn't been reviewed yet. Did you reply to the email? I'm wondering if I should contact the school to show that I am still highly interested in their program...

I got that email too! Not sure if this is a "lighter" way of rejecting us (although I'd much rather prefer a straight up rejection if so) or if our application hasn't been reviewed yet. Did you reply to the email? I'm wondering if I should contact the school to show that I am still highly interested in their program...

I'm not sure. If they plan on rejecting me, I'd rather they just go ahead and do it, you know?

I haven't replied yet. Still on the fence on how to approach this.

I got the "hold" email today too. I got a couple acceptances already, but I'd really like to go for a low-stress interview!

Hey sweet I bet we were together! Good job and congratulations on the amazing scholarship!

Thank you! and yes, I see you are from Minnesota so I remember you! Will you be attending Marquette this fall?

Also to anyone on the hold list that has not received an interview, just to give you all some peace of mind, the hold list will be called for interviews if Marquette is not able to fill their class after offering all of their spots on the wait list. I'm sure not the news you were hoping for but at least you know what it means.

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you! and yes, I see you are from Minnesota so I remember you! Will you be attending Marquette this fall?
Unfortunately I got wait listed and have an interview on January 6th in Minnesota so we'll see what happens when the next round of acceptances comes out!

I received the"hold" email as well. Can we assume that this means that Marquette liked some parts of our application and are waiting to see how we compare to the later batches of people that applied? I'm just trying to figure out if its possible to still receive an interview from Marquette. Any feedback will be much appreciated :)

Grad of 2019, could someone make a Fb page or something? It may be too ahead of time, but I'm really looking forward to talk to the people I'll be spending the next 4 yrs of my life with... Glad to say, finally made it.
You should start the page!! :)

Also to anyone on the hold list that has not received an interview, just to give you all some peace of mind, the hold list will be called for interviews if Marquette is not able to fill their class after offering all of their spots on the wait list. I'm sure not the news you were hoping for but at least you know what it means.
Good to know! Thanks!

Unfortunately I got wait listed and have an interview on January 6th in Minnesota so we'll see what happens when the next round of acceptances comes out!
Goodluck on the interview! I hope you get into your top choice!

Finally got in after 3 years on the waitlist! Hang in there everyone who got waitlisted. I know your pain. Stick with it and never give up.

thats to bad, they were my number 1 choice and I didn't get the chance for an interview :/ luckily I still have 4 acceptances to pick from

Finally got in after 3 years on the waitlist! Hang in there everyone who got waitlisted. I know your pain. Stick with it and never give up.
Get out of here. So you didn't apply anywhere else , but only to marquette ? Do you know what could have made the difference this year? I'm wait listed and I thought I had a strong application this year. Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also got the hold email today. I'm OOS and Marquette has been my #1 choice for a long time, and I've been checking my email multiple times a day since submitting just hoping to hear back from the school. My brother lives in Milwaukee and I was hoping to visit the school when I was out there last Christmas but it didn't work out. I am hoping for a miracle, but I feel a bit like Lloyd Christmas in Dumb and Dumber: "So you're saying there's a chance!"

For those of you who got accepted could you post your GPA/DAT and whether you are in/out of state?

Thanks!

For those of you who got accepted could you post your GPA/DAT and whether you are in/out of state?

Thanks!

GPA: 3.61 DAT: 20 OOS. I will be declining my offer. I hope one of you guys get it! Good luck!!

gpa - 3.84 dat - 23 OOS. Still torn between here and Michigan.

Get out of here. So you didn't apply anywhere else , but only to marquette ? Do you know what could have made the difference this year? I'm wait listed and I thought I had a strong application this year. Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I applied to several schools each year, with 2 or 3 interviews each year. What made the difference for me this year was probably volunteering at a non profit dental clinic, which serves financially challenged people, as wells as working on my confidence for the interview, showing persistence, and again meeting with Brian. I had a good GPA and DAT, but just couldn't seem to distinguish myself at the interviews.

I applied to several schools each year, with 2 or 3 interviews each year. What made the difference for me this year was probably volunteering at a non profit dental clinic, which serves financially challenged people, as wells as working on my confidence for the interview, showing persistence, and again meeting with Brian. I had a good GPA and DAT, but just couldn't seem to distinguish myself at the interviews.
Mind sharing that GPA/DAT?