**The Official Marquette University School of Dentistry Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Welp...

Members don't see this ad.

Wow so then it really did all fill up for pre-december? Dang.
Oh well. Time to move my eggs to a different basket haha

Reactions: 1 user
Well they still have a day in november is what she said. And maybe spots in the afternoon session on oct. 26th

Members don't see this ad :)
Well they still have a day in november is what she said. And maybe spots in the afternoon session on oct. 26th
From their website it looks like they only interview OOS in October. And if only a couple slots are left maybe for Oct 26 I'm really not trying to get my hopes up. What a shame. I love Wisconsin

Reactions: 2 users
Just an FYI, although the spots for interviews might have gotten filled up for October, I know that they do have interviews in December, as well as January. Not because they are interviewing means they will take all students right then and there. The interview happens for a reason. They see us academically, but they also need to know us based on our personality. They want to know if we are "personable", you don't want to get a extremely brilliant student but s/he is a psycho, you know?

Don't despair, if you worked hard, you'll get in. Best of luck to you all.

Also, I'm a D1 at Marquette, so if you have any questions let me know.

Just an FYI, although the spots for interviews might have gotten filled up for October, I know that they do have interviews in December, as well as January. Not because they are interviewing means they will take all students right then and there. The interview happens for a reason. They see us academically, but they also need to know us based on our personality. They want to know if we are "personable", you don't want to get a extremely brilliant student but s/he is a psycho, you know?

That's fair. It just seems odd they all came at the same time instead of in waves. Good luck at Marquette :)

If I arrive a day early, what would you suggest I do for fun or to check out the city?

If I arrive a day early, what would you suggest I do for fun or to check out the city?
go down to waterfront(good for running) and thirdward just to walk around and grab food(drinks), if you like bloody mary then go to wicked hop. There's alot of great restaurants to try just look up top 30 milwaukee and any of them are great. If you are alone and want to have fun at night, going to potowatomi is quite an experience and you can win a little money or just walk around and they have bingo if you don't like to gamble. Let me know if you need any other suggestions, I'm sure @mabuking has some other suggestions.

Reactions: 1 users
oh and do a brewery tour if you can(mke is the best, lakefront, brenner, miller(eh))

Has anyone interviewed here before? I have an interview on the 5th and I am OOS, but this is my first ever dental school interview! I am pretty excited but just not sure what to expect. I know that it will be 4 10min interviews, but do they have our grades in front of them or do all four sessions ask all the students the same thing? If anyone has any details on this information, it would be greatly appreciated!

Has anyone interviewed here before? I have an interview on the 5th and I am OOS, but this is my first ever dental school interview! I am pretty excited but just not sure what to expect. I know that it will be 4 10min interviews, but do they have our grades in front of them or do all four sessions ask all the students the same thing? If anyone has any details on this information, it would be greatly appreciated!

I'll be there the 5th as well!

I'll be there the 5th as well!

Currently a D2 at Marquette. PM me if you want details on the interview! I can totally try to help out as much as i remember the interview, format and all!

Members don't see this ad :)
Soooo probably safe to say interview invites for pre-December are done because they only go out in September. Anyone else who didn't get one, at least we only lost a $45 fee haha

Just got done... Marquette is awesome. So unbelievably genuine.

Reactions: 3 users
It was amazing to interview here..Absolutely love this school! I know everyone will too!

Best of luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Just had an interview on 10/9. This is my second time interviewing there. I love the school so much they are so genuine and laid back. The student body seems like fun and everyone seems very relaxed. I had some students even say they feel like they have more time now than they did in undergrad.

I just signed up on this site, and have an interview! I'm from Madison. Who else is interviewing Nov 9th in the morning?

Any instater's here gonna be interview this Friday Nov 6 in the afternoon? Pretty excited and can't wait to see Marquette again!

Last edited:
I apologize in advanced for the pointless post, but..

I interviewed on 11/6, and just wanted to put it out there that Marquette is absolutely awesome. Awesome faculty, awesome facility, Milwaukee is alright, awesome and friendly students, the interviewers were so nice and comforting. Really felt like they cared about you. Amazing facility, brand new research lab, clinical exposure right away in your first year, producing great dentists for over 100 years now, and I could keep going... I think I'm in love.

Reactions: 6 users
Just out of curiosity, has anyone had an AADSAS portal change yet?

They've sent rejections?
So what does continuing silence mean? haha
means that if they don't fill their class with applicants they like the first round then they will interview more people post december until they have a full class

means that if they don't fill their class with applicants they like the first round then they will interview more people post december until they have a full class
Right right. I always love to be kept dangling haha thanks Marquette

If that's what they're going to inevitably do, I'd rather them do it now. But then again, who knows... only time will tell
I thought the same thing but then I got the rejection and was like oh... another one to take off my list... I'd rather still have a little hope haha

I thought the same thing but then I got the rejection and was like oh... another one to take off my list... I'd rather still have a little hope haha
Haha I see your point but my optimism usually comes back to bite me in the butt. I'd rather just know

Haha I see your point but my optimism usually comes back to bite me in the butt. I'd rather just know

Yeah I'm happy they let me know sooner than later, especially since Marquette was high up on the list for me. I've been wondering about this school but now it's one less to worry about. Sucks I won't have an opportunity, but they were very nice about the rejection.

Unlike Case Western... they sent additional emails with "news" about a new facility AFTER stating that they know I didn't get accepted in that same email.

Did your status change to rejected, too? Just wondering if I should be looking for that instead of an email that may be lost haha