**The Official Marquette University School of Dentistry Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Has anyones status who has interviewed at Marquette changed from "invited to interview" to "check back December 1st"? Mine hasn't yet but I remember seeing a post last year that said if it does it means a decision has been made. Just anxious with Dec 1st around the corner.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyones status who has interviewed at Marquette changed from "invited to interview" to "check back December 1st"? Mine hasn't yet but I remember seeing a post last year that said if it does it means a decision has been made. Just anxious with Dec 1st around the corner.
Mine changed to 'Check Back December 1st' last year I think just before thanksgiving. The outcome: Waitlisted. It changes regardless of acceptance or waitlist. I don't think they reject those who get interviewed they automatically go to waitlist.

And mine has not changed yet.

Edit: Oh sorry just re-read your post. Yeah it means a decision has been made. Sorry for the confusion. Last year it was before Thanksgiving but Dec. 1st fell on a Monday so we may not see a portal change until Monday. Either way if history repeats itself everyone that has interviewed will change regardless of whether it is accepted or waitlisted.

Me applying to Marquette
asian_crossover.jpg

Marquette rejecting my app like

rejected.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an email from Marquette thanking me (and all other interviewees) for taking the time to interview with them this year. They are so genuine!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
So nobody has a "check back" message yet?

I'm so nervous for December 1st. I am in state. My anxiety is slowly increasing by the hour.

Literally one minute I'll review my application in my head and think back on the interview and feel fairly confident that I got accepted, but then the next hour I'll think "I couldn't have beat out 46 other in state people, there's no way". It's like this all day.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
You're not the only one my man. All I can think is what to do with myself if I don't get in as I've already graduated and gap year right now. Can barely sleep at night and can't even focus at work anymore. It doesn't help that time seems to be moving so much slower the closer it gets... this kind of wait is the goddamn worst. Stay strong homie.

Reactions: 2 users
There's absolutely nothing else we can do, so try not to think about it too much. I know, I know...easier said than done. When I think about it I get heart palpitations! One more awesome thing is that all of the acceptances were given by phone in the past! A former student told me that they love hearing the excitement from everybody. This process isn't easy for the admissions committee either, so it's nice that they get to hear the shrieks over the phone :) Two more days!!!!

Just got a call from Cassie! I'm IN! Good luck everyone I am OOS. Also a re-applicant.

Reactions: 5 users
Whattt?? At night, that's odd. But congrats to you!! :) that is awesome.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got a call from Cassie! I'm IN! Good luck everyone I am OOS. Also a re-applicant.

Congrats!! I got called by a 414-288 call literally an hour ago (around the time you got called as well) but I missed it! I googled this number, and it said Milwaukee and had some Marquette tags, is this the same beginning you got? And should I call back?! lol.

(I'm OOS btw)

Congrats!! I got called by a 414-288 call literally an hour ago (around the time you got called as well) but I missed it! I googled this number, and it said Milwaukee and had some Marquette tags, is this the same beginning you got? And should I call back?! lol. (I'm OOS btw)

YES! That is a Marquette number. :) Congratulations!

^^Heaven forbid it would be a rejection (JK!)? Actually, I doubt a school would call and reject or waitlist someone, so yeah samismile is probably right, congrats G-Dawg!

I HOPE you're right! (I'm so mad at myself for not answering it lol), I need closure :p. Congrats to all, and good luck to those of us still waiting for the great news!

How late is Marquette calling today? Does anyone know from previous cycles?

I think they are calling out of state first because of the time differences.

Lol.. A whole 3 hrs at max..

Are those of you who have been accepted so far from the west coast?

Yeah but I'm saying that because it's not even Dec 1st yet. Lol

Received the call from Marquette at around 4:30pm CT. ND resident. So excited!

Yeah but I'm saying that because it's not even Dec 1st yet. Lol
Ohh i didn't mean that. I meant they are calling out of state people so it's not too late at night before they get to them. Everyone will be called early though.

I hope they're not calling by order of last names, otherwise I'd be the first they would've called, :(

Congrats to all of you OOS-ers!!! Im in state, and feel like I'm going to pee my pants from all the anxiety/excitement/angst. Maybe I'll go to bed early tonight so I stop thinking about tomorrow morning! Are there any in state applicants that are going to check their AADSAS status in the morning? Or is everybody going to try to wait for the call?

It would definitely make sense for them to call oos today and then in state tomorrow, but it completely threw me off guard seeing someone say they got accepted before the 1st! I'm so hoping for an acceptance tomorrow if that's the case:xf:!! Huge congrats to all you oos who've been accepted though:)

I'm OOS, no call so far. It's 7:30pm where I live right now.

Haven't heard anything or seen any change to my status on the portal (still says invited for interview) :( I'm from MI and my last name starts with an M. Anyone else get a call from Michigan or further east....basically EST??

Nope, I forgot to check my stupid voicemail (credit to Slick15 for reminding me)! I got the call and voicemail at 4pm central time.
Ok congrats!
Just wanted to see if they're going alphabetical or by state.

Alright, I don't think they'll call this late so night everyone and good luck to you all!

Haven't heard anything or seen any change to my status on the portal (still says invited for interview) :( I'm from MI and my last name starts with an M. Anyone else get a call from Michigan or further east....basically EST??
Same boat! Im from michigan too!
Two of my friends are in..from michigan :(
ughhhhhh

A big congrats to all of you. That has to be a huge weight off your shoulders.

End of the alphabet and OOS. Crossing my fingers.

I'm from Michigan too and no call.. and I was at work and got so sad when I saw all these messages