**The Official Marquette University School of Dentistry Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

I got the call two hours ago! :happy:
M from WI

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm from Michigan too and no call.. and I was at work and got so sad when I saw all these messages

I think we interviewed the same day (Oct 5th!). Wishing good luck your way! Hopefully there are some more calls in the morning. Goodnight for now!

Members don't see this ad :)
Got my call at 8 exactly from Brian, but missed it! Ahhh But I got in! I'm instate btw. Congrats to all those who got in also! I'll be there next year for sure and can't wait to meet all you.

Got my call at 8 exactly from Brian, but missed it! Ahhh But I got in! I'm instate btw. Congrats to all those who got in also! I'll be there next year for sure and can't wait to meet all you.
What's your last initial? I have friends waiting for a call

for those who didn't get a call tonight, did your status on portal change?

No it still says invited for interview.
thanks so much! :) some people didn't get calls until dec 2nd about 2 years ago ... according to one of the students at MU. so there's still hope!

Did anyone's portal change? Mine says check back dec 1 now.

OSS applicant, no call so far, and portal changed to check back on dec 1. I think this is indicative of wait list although I hope I'm wrong and get the call today. Got accepted at my state school, but still kind of salty as Marquette was my top choice.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm from Michigan and no call yet. My portal changed to check back Dec. 1

Reactions: 1 user
I wonder if everyone's portal says check back dec 1

Check your actual mobile portal. I had that Dec 1 thing and got waitlisted. Bummed.

My portal changed to wait listed yesterday but i didn't check until this morning. Bummed :(

Yeah- definitely waitlisted. My status just changed on the school decisions page

It seems like everyone is being waitlisted. I don't see anybody saying that their status has remained the same. I also don't see that anybody has received calls this morning.

I haven't checked my AADSAS portal yet but got an email at 9 Am CT saying I was waitlisted

I got the " hold " email!

Reactions: 2 users
On hold vial email.

"The Admissions Committee of the Marquette University School of Dentistry has reviewed your application and supporting credentials for the 2016 Freshman class. The Committee has decided to “HOLD” making a decision on your application at this time in the process.

While both offers of admission and denials have been made at this point, your application will remain active in our applicant pool. Your credentials will continue to be reviewed at subsequent meetings of the Admissions Committee, and you will be notified when a final decision is ultimately rendered. If you have completed your application, there is no need to contact us at this time."

Don't know if this is waitlist or not
i got the same one

In state and got waitlisted as well :(

Not sure how many people really get off the waitlist in state as I am sure most of the people who are accepted from in state will go to Marquette...

On hold vial email.

"The Admissions Committee of the Marquette University School of Dentistry has reviewed your application and supporting credentials for the 2016 Freshman class. The Committee has decided to “HOLD” making a decision on your application at this time in the process.

While both offers of admission and denials have been made at this point, your application will remain active in our applicant pool. Your credentials will continue to be reviewed at subsequent meetings of the Admissions Committee, and you will be notified when a final decision is ultimately rendered. If you have completed your application, there is no need to contact us at this time."

Don't know if this is waitlist or not
Haha I love how HOLD is in all caps.
I'm just picturing a committee of like 5 people holding up my file and they all yell "HOLD" at the same time

I didn't receive the same email. Mine says I've been placed on the waitlist, and not "hold". Has anybody else recieved this same email? For those applicants who were given the "hold" email, did you have an interview?

I didn't receive the same email. Mine says I've been placed on the waitlist, and not "hold". Has anybody else recieved this same email? For those applicants who were given the "hold" email, did you have an interview?
No interview. Probably a separate list

Did you have an interview?
Maybe that's it, people who didn't interview but aren't rejected are on HOLD but people who interviewed and aren't rejected are on the waitlist???

Did you have an interview?
no , this is the first email i got from them since I submitted my application ! Almost forgot I applied here !! I think they go with their waitlist first and if any room left , they go for the hold list.

Haha I love how HOLD is in all caps.
I'm just picturing a committee of like 5 people holding up my file and they all yell "HOLD" at the same time
omggggggg!!!!!!! I almost fell out of my chair !!!!!!:highfive:

Does anybody have information on the actual waitlist? Have we been given a position on it and they go from that order, or are we in a big pool?

do they typically tell you your place on the waitlist?