*** The Official Meharry College of Dentistry Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

M_CS

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I decided to start a thread for those of you applying to Meharry this cycle. I applied last and even though I didn’t choose Meharry I did get accepted. Feel free to ask me any questions!

Link to interview prep: Meharry Medical College School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Last year's thread: *** The Official Meharry College of Dentistry Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

*edited by staff to include links to interview feedback & last year's thread

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone!
I decided to start a thread for those of you applying to Meharry this cycle. I applied last and even though I didn’t choose Meharry I did get accepted. Feel free to ask me any questions!

When was your interview? And what is included for you to do for the supplemental application?

When was your interview? And what is included for you to do for the supplemental application?
I was invited for an interview in October and my interview was at the beginning of November. I actually got waitlisted and was later on accepted in March. If I remember correctly... the supplemental application had a question that you had to record yourself answering(video message). I think the questions were why dentistry and why Meharry. Just warning you, last year Meharry was one of the last schools to send out acceptances. I believe decision day was Dec 3rd and the first found of applicants didn’t hear anything till end of December / beginning of January. No one heard anything on decision day.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If you don't mind me asking, what were your stats?
Residency: FL
GPA: 3.1
DAT: 20
Took 2 years off. During that time I was a high school science teacher, earned two certifications from UF( Foundations of dental assisting & Radiology for dental auxiliaries ) and saved $$$
Shadowing Hours: ~1,000

Reactions: 1 user
does anyone know if this school provides a fee waiver for the secondary application?
I believe there isn't, but you should call them and make sure. Have you received your secondary?

I believe there isn't, but you should call them and make sure. Have you received your secondary?
On the Meharry home page on AADSAS it says : The supplemental application for the 2020 admission cycle will be available August 1st. Upon completion and verification of the ADEA AADSAS, applicants will be emailed a link to the supplemental application" so I'm guessing we won't hear anything until then.

Reactions: 1 users
It's August 1st guys! Has anyone received a secondary yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Still no news on secondaries?

I haven’t gotten anything. They’re supposed to email us first in order for us to complete the secondary right?

I haven’t gotten anything. They’re supposed to email us first in order for us to complete the secondary right?

That’s what I’d assume but it seems as though no one has received anything.

Hey so I found a supplemental online... should I just fill that out? It looks legit and idk why Meharry hasn't sent ANYTHING yet.

did you notice there is no character limit for the supplemental question?
Lol judging from previous threads, I think there is no character limit anyway, but I no didn’t notice because I didn’t want to be too far deep in case Meharry is like, “No don’t fill it out!!!” and sends me a different one.

I emailed Meharry like 2 weeks ago and still haven't heard back. And I've called them multiple times lol. I would personally wait on filling it out, just in case it's an older form and you end up having to pay the $65 twice
That’s what I was thinking. I wonder what’s been going on... maybe a technical issue? Anyway, good luck to everyone! Things will fall into place the way they were meant to.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello everyone!

Link to interview prep: Meharry Medical College School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Last year's thread: *** The Official Meharry College of Dentistry Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

*edited by staff to include links to interview feedback & last year's thread
Did you take calculus? I wonder if they have substitute math classes that can be used in place of calculus. I took trig

I called them like at 9 am and they answered me.
Thanks for the reply! Could you please post their number I want to verify it's the same number I am calling as I have been trying to no avail.

Meharry is slower with the process than other dental schools so be mindful and patient. The supplemental application is coming.

I just received the secondary application.

I also just received the secondary application. The video interview was not applicable to me according to the screen, so I can't speak to that. But I filled it out and paid the fee.

does everyone receive supplemental app?

I still haven't received anything.. Maybe the ones who sent the applications first are the ones who already got the supplemental
My thinking too - I didn't submit until early July

I still haven't received anything.. Maybe the ones who sent the applications first are the ones who already got the supplemental
I’m gonna hope so I submitted July 31

I got mine this morning as well, but my DAT wasn’t official until like the 1st of august. Good luck everyone!

What does the email say exactly if you don’t mind?
A08FA0D8-C323-48EC-B4FE-1DE8DF99D4BF.jpeg

Has anyone been able to partake in the video interview portion? Mine says "This page does not apply to you"...?

Received the supplemental as well good luck everyone!

Looks like They finally sent emails out for the supplemental application!

The video interview isn’t applicable to me either

Did anyone submit without doing the video interview ?