***The Official Midwestern-Arizona Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! After submitting my supplemental, I received an e-mail on 7/14 saying my application was complete and will be reviewed, but I still haven't heard anything. Is anyone else in a similar boat?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys! After submitting my supplemental, I received an e-mail on 7/14 saying my application was complete and will be reviewed, but I still haven't heard anything. Is anyone else in a similar boat?

Does the supplemental include short answer essays, or is it just "yes/no" type questions?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, congrats on all the interviews! I'm a current D1 with an extra room that is listed on Airbnb. I would likely be able to give you a ride to campus depending on the day/time of your interview or answer any other questions you might have. I stayed at airbnb's for all my interviews and tried to stay where current students lived so it gave me a better feel of what it would be like, and I loved it!

If you're a first time airbnb user this is my referral link which gives you $40 off your first stay at any airbnb.
Get $40 off your first adventure!

This is the link to my room
Private Room and Bathroom - Apartments for Rent in Glendale, Arizona, United States

Good luck to you all!

Reactions: 1 users
Just received an invitation to interview today and scheduled for November 30 if anyone else has that date!

I've been waitlisted for an interview for about a month, what are the odds of me actually getting one by now?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
I've been waitlisted for an interview for about a month, what are the odds of me actually getting an one by now?

seemed like other people who got wait listed who got rejected - took around 2 weeks. I would say you have a coin toss. Don't lose hope!

Anyone else interviewing on October 12 (10/12)? Looking to split an Uber and possibly a hotel room? Please PM.

I just got the waitlist email last night
I hope they're still giving out interviews to the waitlist people

Those of you who already received an interview from Midwestern, what were your stats (GPA, DAT score, Volunteering hours)?

Those of you who already received an interview from Midwestern, what were your stats (GPA, DAT score, Volunteering hours)?
I received an interview invitation 8/8. Stats in my signature. I have about 750 hours shadowing with 2 periodontists, 1 GP, and 1 prosthodontist the summer before college.

Members don't see this ad :)
First Interview
Interview Notification: 8/19
Method of notification: email @ 3am
Residency: TX
secondary submitted: 8/7
GPA (overall; BCPM): 3.38; 3.41
DAT: 21 AA, 21 TS || 20 OC, 22 GC, 22 Bio, 21 RC, 19 QR, 15 PAT

However, my overall gpa is from my master's combined with my undergrad gpa!
Undergrad GPA: 3.22
Graduate Total GPA: 3.94

I had a little over 100 hrs of shadowing and around 200 hours community service.

Reactions: 3 users
Hello. I am currently a student at MWU AZ and I have a room available for rent. I live about 7 minutes from campus. PM me if you're looking for a place to stay for your interview.

Reactions: 1 user
I just got the waitlist email last night
I hope they're still giving out interviews to the waitlist people

What does your email say? I got one but I'm not sure if it's a waitlist or the latter.

I've been waitlisted for an interview for about a month, what are the odds of me actually getting one by now?

I was waitlisted for interview on July 8th and just received an invitation to interview on 9/2. No dates were available when I logged in so just was able to get an interview date today for Dec. 11th.

Freaked out for a second, but I think you may have posted in the wrong forum. This is Dental haha not Optometry :) Congrats on your interview though!
Oh sorry! Silly me thanks for letting me know! I don't know how to delete that post but hopefully everyone can disregard it

I was waitlisted for interview on July 8th and just received an invitation to interview on 9/2. No dates were available when I logged in so just was able to get an interview date today for Dec. 11th.
Did you call or Email them meanwhile?

Got off the wait list 3 days ago! Scheduled for December 12th.

Has anyone interview yet? Im scheduled to interview on the 25th of this month and i was wondering what the interview format is like and what to expect?

Interview #1
Interview Notification: 9/21
Method of Notification: Email @ 3am
Residency: UT
Secondary Submitted: 9/19
GPA (overall, BCP): 3.76, 3.60
DAT 21 AA 20 PAT 22 TS

I had strong EC and LOR. So excited! This place is amazing!!!

has anyone else come off the waitlist to interview?

REJECTION

School: MW-AZ
Notification Date: 9/22
Method of notification: Email
Residency: NY
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/21
Application complete date: 7/12
GPA (science, overall): 3.33, 3.50
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/): 17/17/18

Was hoping they’d wait until I retook my DAT, good luck people.

REJECTION

School: MW-AZ
Notification Date: 9/22
Method of notification: Email
Residency: NY
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/21
Application complete date: 7/12
GPA (science, overall): 3.33, 3.50
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/): 17/17/18

Was hoping they’d wait until I retook my DAT, good luck people.
Out of curiosity, when do you retake?

An October 19th spot just opened up if anyone wants to snag it!

An October 19th spot just opened up if anyone wants to snag it!
I wish I had seen this earlier. I was however able to get a month earlier because you said this so thank you :) is there anyway to see what dates are open without having to cancel your current interview date?

Did anyone send a thank you email to their interviewers after they interviewed? My interviewers wanted me to take their cards, so I felt as though this was so I could send a thank you email? Or am I thinking too much into this?

Did anyone send a thank you email to their interviewers after they interviewed? My interviewers wanted me to take their cards, so I felt as though this was so I could send a thank you email? Or am I thinking too much into this?
I would do it. Who knows what kind of effect it has? You have everything to gain and nothing to lose + It's just a courteous move to make.

I wish I had seen this earlier. I was however able to get a month earlier because you said this so thank you :) is there anyway to see what dates are open without having to cancel your current interview date?
I’m sorry I don’t know the answer to that! I only knew about the opening because I had to reschedule my interview. :)

Hey there! I just got an interview invite. I'm trying to find out more about the school, its reputation, etc. Thanks!
GPA: 3.97
AA: 21 RC: 22 PAT: 22

Hey there! I just got an interview invite. I'm trying to find out more about the school, its reputation, etc. Thanks!
futuristic and technology oriented. they're focused on making a super general dentist, not really that focused on research and specializing, but you can do it, if you want to.

futuristic and technology oriented. they're focused on making a super general dentist, not really that focused on research and specializing, but you can do it, if you want to.

Hey there,
That's what I've heard. If I do decide to specialize, will the school be regarded by graduate programs at other schools as prestigious?

Thanks!

I interviewed with them last week and it sounds like they are known for giving their students very thorough clinical training. They have 17 retirement homes in the community which provides a large patient pool. Here are some of the stats they offered up during their presentation. Their students complete on average: 46 crowns (compared to 9 nationally), 10 root canals (compared to 1.5 nationally), and you get lots of experience placing CEREC crowns and implant restorations.

I was waitlisted July 14, and still have yet to hear from them.
I was scheduled to finish my Masters degree this Fall semester, but I finished last semester, do you guys think its worth me emailing them about this update? Or should I wait it out...?

For those who have interviewed here, what is the format like? Thanks!

I’m from AZ and Midwestern students have a really good reputation here for being quite competent because of how good their clinics are. If I wasn’t tired of living in AZ for nearly my whole life I’d go there and not second guess my choice. Hope that helped!

Hows everyone doing out there? Anyone have any feedback on the interview day? Still drill type questions and 2 faculty with a d1?

For those who have interviewed here, what is the format like? Thanks!
It is 2 faculty, 1 dental student. Around 30 minutes Q&A. Not sure about anyone else but I felt that it was not conversational, they just shot question after question. Be prepared for general questions but also ethical/scenario.

It is 2 faculty, 1 dental student. Around 30 minutes Q&A. Not sure about anyone else but I felt that it was not conversational, they just shot question after question. Be prepared for general questions but also ethical/scenario.
Did the entire day last from 7:30 until 4:30pm? 9 hours seems like a long time to be there!

Did the entire day last from 7:30 until 4:30pm? 9 hours seems like a long time to be there!
It depends on your last name. At least that's how it worked for my group. They do tours + sim labs +clinic and talking with faculties + student for the first half of the day. After lunch, there's a student panel to answer your questions and this is when people will be called in to interview. If you happened to have A last name then you'll be first. After you're done with your interview you can leave. That time will range from around 2ish-4:30 depending on your interview time. One of the people in my group had an afternoon flight and he was last but he was able to switch with a fellow interviewee and got done first to catch his flight. Hope this is helpful.

Hey! I just got offered an interview today but when I went online it said there are no interview dates available for me to schedule. Does anyone know if there will be more interview dates or do I just have to wait and see if someone else gives up their interview spot? Do they extend more interviews than they have interviews available to conduct?

Hey! I just got offered an interview today but when I went online it said there are no interview dates available for me to schedule. Does anyone know if there will be more interview dates or do I just have to wait and see if someone else gives up their interview spot? Do they extend more interviews than they have interviews available to conduct?
Same thing happened to me. They'll email you when new interview dates are available and you get to choose from what's there. They fill up quick though!

Status
Not open for further replies.