***The Official Midwestern-Arizona Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Ricer7

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck to everyone applying! Here is the thread for this years cycle :)

Link to interview prep: Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine-Arizona Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Link to last year's thread: ***The Official Midwestern-Arizona Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

*edited by the staff to include a link to last year's thread

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users
Do you think it’s a good idea to apply here if I’ve a 2.9 overall GPA and 3.7 masters in science gpa?

Do you think it’s a good idea to apply here if I’ve a 2.9 overall GPA and 3.7 masters in science gpa?
2.9 isn't great for undergrad, but I guess it depends on your grades from undergrad in your prerequisite courses. 3.7 in your masters is great though and they will appreciate the increase and take that in to consideration. How are your EC and DAT?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have good EC. I have done events like dental mission trip, Texas mission of mercies, give kids a smile, etc. DAT Score is a 19AA TS20

I have good EC. I have done events like dental mission trip, Texas mission of mercies, give kids a smile, etc. DAT Score is a 19AA TS20
I don't think it would hurt applying! I have a lot of friends at Midwestern and they know people who have gotten in with lower GPAs as well.

Reactions: 1 user
Got an interview invite this morning! Dates available: Sept 3, 5, 9, 16, 17, 19. They're going to be BUSY! Good luck to everyone in this stressful process :).

Interview #1
School:
Midwestern - AZ
Notification date: 6/13/19
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Florida
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/6
Application complete date: 6/11
GPA (science, overall): 3.6, 3.6
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/22/21/none

Interview #1
School:
Midwestern - AZ
Notification date: 6/13/19
Residency: Canadian
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/11
Application complete date: 6/13
GPA (science, overall): 3.4, 3.5
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/21/22/none

I'm so excited!

Interview #1
School: Midwestern - AZ
Notification date: 6/18/19
Residency: US Texas - Citizenship: Canadian
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/11
Application complete date: 6/14
GPA (science, overall): 3.7, 3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/19/20/24/none

Good luck to everyone! Interview option dates were September 5, 16, 17, 19.

I was waitlisted for an interview today, is that bad? I am worried.

I guess they do not interview on weekend?:( i have just received my interview invitation today. It is going to cost me about 450 usd for flight tickets and at least 300 loss in income for 1 day off work

I guess they do not interview on weekend?:( i have just received my interview invitation today. It is going to cost me about 450 usd for flight tickets and at least 300 loss in income for 1 day off work
Give it to me then hahahaha

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted AADSAS on the 6th, both MWUs (AZ and IL) sent me their supplemental apps on the 10th

Interview #1
Notification date: 6/19/19
Residency: California
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/4
Application complete date: 6/15
GPA (science, overall): 3.72 , 3.71
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/22/25/none

Last edited:
How long did it take you to hear back from the time they said your application was complete?

To answer your question, getting waitlisted for an interview early isn't necessarily a negative they just haven't seen the diverse pool of applicants since we are still early in the application cycle.
Okay thanks, I'll just wait it out and hope for the best! They sent me an email saying my application was complete about two days ago (July 1st) and I just got waitlisted this morning.

I just got waitlisted for an interview today. It said my application has enough merit for an interview but is unsure if I will be offered one yet or not and that I should see this as a positive thing. Does anyone know if waitlisting for interviews so early on is a common thing for this school? I cant help but see this as a negative
I was told the same thing. I emailed them and they said my GPA and DAT were competitive but they said my personal statement didnt give them enough of who I was in a broad sense. They let me email them an updated personal statement though which was super nice of them!

I was told the same thing. I emailed them and they said my GPA and DAT were competitive but they said my personal statement didnt give them enough of who I was in a broad sense. They let me email them an updated personal statement though which was super nice of them!
Wow! that's really nice of them! I didn't know schools did that!
I think nowadays dental schools really review apps in a holistic way.
Like good GPA and DAT is simply not enough

Reactions: 2 users
I was also wait-listed last week.

wait listed this morning for an interivew
seems like they are waitlisting a lot of people ( really feel like this is like a soft rejection for most of us) LOL

I feel bad for posting after reading ya"lls posts but i recieved an invitation this morning. It is still very early and i am sure ya"ll will get an invite. Hopefully everyone here will be future classmates

I received an interview invite today.
I’m Canadian applicant cGPA 3.73, sGPA 3.60, DAT AA 22

It’s very early in the cycle. I’m pretty sure a lot of you guys will get an interview

I feel bad for posting after reading ya"lls posts but i recieved an invitation this morning. It is still very early and i am sure ya"ll will get an invite. Hopefully everyone here will be future classmates
What date are you interviewing?

do you mind sharing your stats?

what were your stats?
20 DAT/ 19 TS / 22 RC / 22 QR / 21 PAT
3.20 sGPA
3.34 oGPA
They said everything was good besides my science GPA was a little low. But he also reassured me by saying that I will likely get an interview later on in the cycle.

Last edited:
3.18 sGPA
3.34 oGPA
They said everything was good besides my science GPA was a little low. But he also reassured me by saying that I will likely get an interview later on in the cycle.
Hi! Did you speak to someone personally or was this said in the waitlist email that you received?

3.18 sGPA
3.34 oGPA
do you mind sharing who exactly you spoke with? I emailed the dean of admissions but never heard anything back. I was waitlisted as well.

Emailed admissions is all I did. I spoke with Michael over email. Just email the generic admissions email. The same one that sent you a waitlist.

Interview #1
School:
Midwestern - AZ
Notification date: 7/16/19
Residency: Nevada
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/28
Application complete date: 7/12
GPA (science, overall): 3.45, 3.55
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/21/19/None

I heard back within 24 hours. I was super polite, not saying you weren’t, but the way I worded things just sounded inviting. A call probably wouldn’t hurt.

Does anyone know how many students they typically interview and how many they accept? Also, how many out-of-state students they accept
?

For the DAT, does anyone know which DAT score Midwestern uses? The highest DAT score or the most recent DAT?

Interview #1
Notification date: 7/9/19
Residency: California
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/17
Application complete date: 6/28
GPA (science, overall): 3.35, 3.45
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/20/19/None

Interview #1
School:
Midwestern - AZ
Notification date: 7/31/19
Residency: AZ
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/23
Application complete date: 7/29
GPA (science, overall): 3.9, 3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/20/20/22/none

Just got an email between 1AM-2AM, Dates available were Dec 2, Dec 3, Dec 5. Aren't those fairly late interview dates for late July invites? Any reason for concern with acceptances beginning early December?

Last edited:
Interview #1
School:
Midwestern - AZ
Notification date: 7/31/19
Method of notification: Portal (no email or AADSAS update yet)
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/24
Application complete date: 7/30
GPA (science, overall): 3.55, 3.6
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/22/22/21/none

My interview dates were also first week of December. Maybe this means all pre-December slots are full? Not sure.

Interview
School:
Midwestern - AZ
Notification date: 7/12/19
Residency: AZ
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/28
Application complete date: 7/11
GPA (science, overall): 3.65, 3.74
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/26/15/None

The choices I got for my interview were in the first week of November. Does this mean my chances of getting accepted are slimmer compared to those who got earlier dates?

The choices I got for my interview were in the first week of November. Does this mean my chances of getting accepted are slimmer compared to those who got earlier dates?

When did you get invited?