The Official Midwestern University- Arizona Interview/Acceptance/Rejection***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Accepted!!! I received a phone call from Dr. Polk at 1:15 pm EST.
Accepted!! East coast time 1:00 pm via phone call from Dr. Polk :)

I just noticed MWU doesn't have my phone # on record through their portal. Do you guys see any change on the MWU portal in regard to being accepted? Or has it been just a phone call? Or do they automatically get the phone # from my application and I just didn't get accepted?

Members don't see this ad.

I think they can get your number from AADSAS. Hang in there!

The MWU portal updated with the accepted student checklist. They have your # from your aadsas app...just check in with them in the next few days to find out your status. I hope you receive good news in the next month or so !

Members don't see this ad :)
Here's hoping they're going to make some calls tomorrow. :confused:

Congratulations to all the newly accepted people! See you all next August!

Reactions: 1 user
Got accepted to USC and MW-AZ. I live in Southern California, Please help me decide.

Got accepted to USC and MW-AZ. I live in Southern California, Please help me decide.

Do you have living expenses now? If not,what will taking on living expenses do to cost comparison. If things are coming up even in that area, curriculum might be a big consideration.

I think MW is a lot cheaper than USC. I will choose MW.

Reactions: 1 users
Who are the admins on the FB page? I put in a join request :)

Just received a rejection email... with about 1 million email addresses attached in the "Recipient" section. Not a good move on MWU's part letting everyone see how many people and who they are that were just rejected in 1 mass email... anyways, good luck everyone!

rejected. not surprised given my 17 AA (retaking the DAT this week) and most of my pre-reqs were done at a community college

my problem I have with the Admissions Committee is when they sent out the rejection email, it lists all the email addresses in the same message was sent to (ie [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]). Talk about violation of privacy, let everyone know that John Doe got denied.

How many were on the list? Silly.

Members don't see this ad :)
Jeffity, I would post here a screenshot of what it looked it like but that ironically would make my post seem hypocritical

I am sure Midwestern is a good school, but that email lost a lot of respect I had for that school, or dental school in general with ridiculous increased tuition while salaries remain stagnant

I see why I didn't get the rejection email YET... I logged on to midwestern portal and they want me to update my email address... LOL

I received the bulk rejection with recipients listed as well. It was one of the most unprofessional things I've seen from a school. I have to assume it was an accident.

I received the bulk rejection with recipients listed as well. It was one of the most unprofessional things I've seen from a school. I have to assume it was an accident.

Same lol, seeing all those names made me face-palm.

I am sure it was an accident. Haha.

I got that email in the morning too

Whoever sent out that email is going to get fired for sure!

Did anyone else get that reply from some chick haha she was pissed... I wonder if MWU will get in any sort of trouble because of this

Did anyone else get that reply from some chick haha she was pissed... I wonder if MWU will get in any sort of trouble because of this

no I havent got that email, I wonder if its in spam. she has every right to be pissed. I am pretty sure dental school will teach about HIPPA laws, this may be a different field but its still a violation of privacy.

Yeah lol, she had a pretty good feedback. We should do the same to make them feel even worse... though I'm pretty sure the Director wouldn't give a damn about it as he doesn't need to worry about getting accepted.

no I havent got that email, I wonder if its in spam. she has every right to be pissed. I am pretty sure dental school will teach about HIPPA laws, this may be a different field but its still a violation of privacy.

I think it's a FERPA violation

HIPAA ;)

I think it's a FERPA violation

That could be the case. I don't know the scope of FERPA beyond family privacy.

It happens (it's especially interesting when it's in a professional office or corporate setting). Of course it was an accident. I wouldn't run to judge the quality of a school because of it, but do as you wish. As for responding, do as you wish as well. But I'm sure they know about it now. Vent if you need to, but keep it civil. There's always that tiny, tiny, tiny chance that blasting off some nasty email will come back to haunt you.

But seriously, that's a TON of people in one bunch!

Reactions: 1 users
It happens (it's especially interesting when it's in a professional office or corporate setting). Of course it was an accident. I wouldn't run to judge the quality of a school because of it, but do as you wish. As for responding, do as you wish as well. But I'm sure they know about it now. Vent if you need to, but keep it civil. There's always that tiny, tiny, tiny chance that blasting off some nasty email will come back to haunt you.

But seriously, that's a TON of people in one bunch!

I agree. Yes, it was a horrible event for those involved, but also incredibly embarrassing to both the individual(s) and institution. We should all be a little more understanding of ones situation and act accordingly. I agree with Jeffity: if you must voice your opinion, do so in a way that is appropriate and becoming of the professional we are striving to be.

MWU for sure for these reasons: 1) Better clinic 2) Better curriculum 3) Best dean in the country

I'm currently in Glendale for my interview tomorrow. Trying to get a feel for the area since I am from TN. Anybody have any suggestions as to what to do with my day? I thought about going for a little hike somewhere nearby. I am definitely going to check out the campus. What areas should I avoid? Oh, and if anybody else is in town to interview tomorrow, maybe we can get dinner or something!

I'm currently in Glendale for my interview tomorrow. Trying to get a feel for the area since I am from TN. Anybody have any suggestions as to what to do with my day? I thought about going for a little hike somewhere nearby. I am definitely going to check out the campus. What areas should I avoid? Oh, and if anybody else is in town to interview tomorrow, maybe we can get dinner or something!

Wish I lived closer. I'd take you around campus. Then you could get a better look at the sim lab and all that. I don't know if they'll let you on campus or not and every door requires a card. The guards are nice, but they keep it pretty secure. That's one thing I like: free parking and the campus is pretty safe. You could also park across the street somewhere (west of campus) and just walk on the sidewalk by the main gate. Throw on a backpack and look like you know what you're doing (secure, right?). Good luck tomorrow! Maybe I'll stop by before interviews if I'm early enough.

Hey guys! I have my interview tomorrow morning, did any of you prepare for yours? I'm not sure what to expect and this is my first dental school interview. Some feedback would be super appreciated! and is the attire business?

Hey guys! I have my interview tomorrow morning, did any of you prepare for yours? I'm not sure what to expect and this is my first dental school interview. Some feedback would be super appreciated! and is the attire business?
go to the interview feedback section of this forum. I used that and I was completely ready for this interview.

So I just got my first interview from here!! Finally!!! I got the call at around 2:30 this afternoon. Does anyone know how full the class is so far?

@tbond5 or anyone who may know where can I find the interview feedback section. I can't seem to find it. Thx y'all!!!

So I just got my first interview from here!! Finally!!! I got the call at around 2:30 this afternoon. Does anyone know how full the class is so far?
No idea how full the class is in term of numbers, but at the end of my interview Monday they told us that there were two other interview days this week, then two additional rounds later on. There are 12 interviewees per interview day and I'm assuming there are three interview days per round, so doing some quick math there's around ~96 interviews left. The second round of acceptances went out two weeks ago and those people have until Thursday to put down a deposit. They said the next round of acceptances go out Friday. Dean Gilpatrick made a joke about how there will hopefully still be seats left before assuring us that there most likely will be. I know that doesn't answer your question directly but hopefully it gives you a better idea of your chances?

Whats the area code there? I'd hate to ignore a call I don't know and it end up being the school calling.

No idea how full the class is in term of numbers, but at the end of my interview Monday they told us that there were two other interview days this week, then two additional rounds later on. There are 12 interviewees per interview day and I'm assuming there are three interview days per round, so doing some quick math there's around ~96 interviews left. The second round of acceptances went out two weeks ago and those people have until Thursday to put down a deposit. They said the next round of acceptances go out Friday. Dean Gilpatrick made a joke about how there will hopefully still be seats left before assuring us that there most likely will be. I know that doesn't answer your question directly but hopefully it gives you a better idea of your chances?

You're 100% sure they're going to send out more acceptances this Friday?

You're 100% sure they're going to send out more acceptances this Friday?
Dr. Gilpatrick told us that himself. The admissions counselor also told us the same thing. There was no beating around the bush, they explicitly said they were calling more people Friday :D

What's the scrubs color for our entering class next fall?

go to the interview feedback section of this forum. I used that and I was completely ready for this interview.
Can you please put the link to the interview feedback page. I can't find it. Thanks :)

I was thinking the same thing. Plus, How many pairs are we allowed to purchase?
Navy Blue. I think Dr. Gilpatrick wants to alternate between black and navy blue. You can get as many as you want. The school store has very low quality scrubs, you'll find much better ones online. Upperclassmen recommend getting about 5 to minimize doing laundry often. Realize you'll keep the same colors/scrubs for all four years

Navy Blue. I think Dr. Gilpatrick wants to alternate between black and navy blue. You can get as many as you want. The school store has very low quality scrubs, you'll find much better ones online. Upperclassmen recommend getting about 5 to minimize doing laundry often. Realize you'll keep the same colors/scrubs for all four years
where would you recommend we get the scrubs? Any websites in particular?

Status
Not open for further replies.